• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Forza Motorsport 7 E3 4K Trailer (XB1/PC)

skyfinch

Are they still partnered with Top Gear? If not, is it possible that Top Gear test track is out and replaced with something new?

GHG

Gold Member
Suzuka?

Fuck you guys. Fuck you. I thought I was out this time round. My love/hate relationship with Forza continues.

Gestault

I'm so ready for this. The lightning highlighting the rollercoaster on the left is just icing.

e3xoXzA.gif

Gestault

Not only Forza 7 is 4k, it has 4k assets and dynamic weather and TOD :)

Is dynamic time-of-day definitely confirmed? I know it looked a whole lot like it in the full Ring footage, but I wasn't sure if that was an optical illusion because of the way the cloud coverage moved overhead during the race.

Wondering how Turn 10 will downport Forza 7 to the normal xbox one.

Unless I totally misheard, they said in one of the floor interviews that it still runs at a solid 1080/60. I'm curious if there'll be some resolution scaling to level it out, but what we've heard has been all good.

Unless I totally misheard, they said in one of the floor interviews that it still runs at a solid 1080/60. I'm curious if there'll be some resolution scaling to level it out, but what we've heard has been all good.

Okey, i thought maybe they would checkerboard it to 1080p.

Gestault

Wow is that both on vanilla xbox one? Adding dynamic weather and still looks better?

Damn T10 wizardssss

I guess to be fair, that Forza 7 footage is 4K B-roll from XB1-X, and the Forza 6 stuff is vanilla XB1. What we've heard is that the Forza 7 versions are consistent though (just at 4K vs 1080p, and both at solid 60). That'll be an interesting analysis.

Is Suzuka confirmed then?

If so that'd be fab, Forza's track list haven't felt the same since we lost it after FM4 even with all the great additions.

20 does seem low though but I'd fork out for DLC tracks even if I don't agree with it.

Gestault

Is Suzuka confirmed then?

If so that'd be fab, Forza's track list haven't felt the same since we lost it after FM4 even with all the great additions.

20 does seem low though but I'd fork out for DLC tracks even if I don't agree with it.

Suzuka is confirmed in with a new laser-scan, which makes me really happy. And the count they're quoting for launch is 30 locations, 200 tracks.

Hawk269

We'll be able to do captures of the game at the MS Showcase this afternoon (LA time of course), so expect some 4k 60fps goodness by tomorrow :)

Cannot wait. That is what we need. Turn 10 always has the signature track for people to play, so that Dubai track should be the one playable at the booth. Can't wait to see a full lap at 4k/60fps!

Fox Mulder

I saw a video where it starts raining, turns into a thunderstorm, then stops raining and the sun comes out. On the Ring within two laps.

That's quite dumb really, but people like different things. Rain tracks just make you memorize where unrealistic puddles are, no dry line forms, and the racing is god awful.

I'm more interested in career improvements or even ways to make online lobbies tolerable.

Hawk269

Goes from full-on thunderstorm with low visibility to overcast to clearing up to...

uUszg9l.png

I can't wait to play this!

I love that transition from raining/foggy then to thunderstorm with lighter fog, then the rain coming to a stop and clearing of the fog made it look incredible, then at the end where the sun is trying to break through it just amazing.

AmyS

Hey guys, I've never played a Forza game before. I have an Xbox One S, so would Forza Motorsport 6 be a good place to start?

I'm looking for a good single player, offline simulator that's 60fps, and also rewarding with progression. .

Hey guys, I've never played a Forza game before. I have an Xbox One S, so would Forza Motorsport 6 be a good place to start?

I'm looking for a good single player, offline simulator that's 60fps, and also rewarding with progression. .

Definitely. It's a great game that scales very well to ability - lots of choice to play the way you want to play.

Can't remember what the progression is like but Forza 6 is a very good game. Just remember to stick the Drivatar AI to a higher difficulty otherwise they drive like blind pensioners.

Top Bottom