• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fragile Dreams: Farewell Ruins of the Moon (Wii) Pre-Order Bonus CD and Dual-Boxart

ThatObviousUser

ὁ αἴσχιστος παῖς εἶ
THIS GAME COMES OUT MARCH 16, MARK YOUR DAMN CALENDARS!! Because we know this game won't be advertised worth a crap. :/

http://wii.ign.com/articles/106/1068947p1.html

IGN said:
Xseed has sweetened the pot for those looking to pick up a copy of its upcoming adventure, Fragile Dreams: Farewell Ruins of the Moon. The publisher has revealed that it will reward gamers who preorder the game with a soundtrack CD.

Called Moonlight Tracks, this preorder bonus is a selection of twelve tracks from the Wii game, including the opening and ending Japanese theme songs. Moonlight Tracks is a preorder bonus that will only be available at GameStop and EB Games.

The company also revealed that the box art for Fragile Dreams will have the US artwork on one side, and the Japanese art on the other.

Fragile Dreams will hit North American shelves in March.

Pre-order bonus CD:

fragile-dreams-farewell-ruins-of-the-moon-20100212105027605_640w.jpg

Shitty
or decent
American boxart:

ny7b7s.png

Lovely Japanese-esque boxart:

FragileDreamsNA.jpg

Gamestop nabs another one. This one is good. For a refresher, here's the opening theme (Hikari) and ending theme (Tsuki no Nukumori), both by Aoi Teshima.

Shitty American box art? Get off your high horse.

I like both a lot

Anyway, I may pick this up since I've been really interested ever since the announcement of the Japanese version.

ThatObviousUser

ὁ αἴσχιστος παῖς εἶ
Man God said:
Good thing there are no other games to grab the Japanophile audience that month... :lol

...FF13 comes out that month doesn't it.
plain.gif

ThatObviousUser

ὁ αἴσχιστος παῖς εἶ
dragonlife29 said:
Shitty American box art? Get off your high horse.

I like both a lot

Anyway, I may pick this up since I've been really interested ever since the announcement of the Japanese version.

Me too, I was trying to do what I though the reaction would be.

It does seem kinda odd that Seto's been Amerikirby'd in the US boxart though. :lol

mAcOdIn

Yeah, I don't find either box arts offensive to be honest, it's definitely not as big a deal as the difference between Spice and Wolf's Japanese versus American novel cover art, now that was some fucked up American cover art right there. But this? Not so bad.

Anyone know if this game is actually any good though, it's been a year, might be time to see if the old Wii still works.

This is really cool of xseed. I've been interested in the game since I first saw it and this soundtrack will probably push me over the edge.

mAcOdIn said:
Yeah, I don't find either box arts offensive to be honest, it's definitely not as big a deal as the difference between Spice and Wolf's Japanese versus American novel cover art, now that was some fucked up American cover art right there. But this? Not so bad.

Anyone know if this game is actually any good though, it's been a year, might be time to see if the old Wii still works.

Japan-Gaf basically says that it's a good game with a bad combat system and a good story.

Aesthetically this game has me intrigued, but is the game actually any good? I have no idea whatsoever what the game plays like.

^^Oh, never mind then.

Shitty? There's nothing wrong with the American box art. It's actually pretty good, although the composition on the alternate cover has a better flow.

Krauser Kat said:
alright NeoGaf Sell me on this game, i just watch tgs08 trailer. What the hell is going on.

You plays a boy who survives the end of the world and you search the ruins of Tokyo in search of other people, aided (or hindered) by ghosts.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
Still, this will be a great game to pick up in the summer some time when it is an Amazon Gold Box deal for $15, much like Rune Factory Frontier did last year.

Volcynika

Man God said:
Still, this will be a great game to pick up in the summer some time when it is an Amazon Gold Box deal for $15, much like Rune Factory Frontier did last year.

Rune Factory Frontier actually turned out to be 50% off for an Amazon DotD barely a month after release.

....just sayin.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
Volcynika said:
Rune Factory Frontier actually turned out to be 50% off for an Amazon DotD barely a month after release.

....just sayin.

It was something like that. I might have been exaggerating the exact savings, but not the message.

I would have bought this day one if it was RGC2... But it's not! :lol

Big B

Character designs are respectably anime. Great atmosphere.

the mood of this game looks to be really somber and silent. Meaning it won't sell well, especially in march. >_>

mAcOdIn

AceBandage said:
Japan-Gaf basically says that it's a good game with a bad combat system and a good story.
I can trudge through broken mechanics if the story/game's good so I'll keep an eye out for this as well. Yes, March sucks for RPG/Adventure fans.

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
The game has an ad in latest Nintendo Power, so thats more then some of there stuff. Though I wish it said the date it came out.

Wait, this is just "announced"? It said that it came with the CD in ad in Nintendo Power, and it implied you get the CD if you preorder anywhere, since it didn't name a single company, and listed several, like gamestop and game crazy.

ThatObviousUser

ὁ αἴσχιστος παῖς εἶ
Man God said:
Pokemon HG/SS as well. :lol

I got half that paid off already (first game I ever pre-ordered, I'm getting addicted :eek: ) with the other half lined up. I think I should be able to squeeze enough for Fragile, but MH3 comes out too I think.

Stealth edit- No MH3 just barely makes April. Thank God. :lol

I need to preorder it, I'm buying it two days after Pokémon after all. Guess I'll go preorder once the next Pokémon event is out.

In March I'm buying...

Pokémon HeartGold & SoulSilver (I always buy both)
Fragile Dreams: Farewell Ruins of the Moon
Yakuza 3

:D

TunaLover

ShockingAlberto said:
I mean this one, not the reversible other side

230709b.jpg

It screams shovelware and probably turned more people off than sold copies.

Ah, I though you refer to the other side, well yeah that was a strange (dumb) move. Even I think more niche customers were well aware of the product, so they throw the bait trying to pick some mainstream gamers. I think that was the logic.

Anyone know if Gamestop and EB Games offer international shipping? I really want that CD and reversable cover but Rising Star aren't doing anything extra for the UK release.

Shiggy

Oxx said:
I'm guessing Rising Star won't be offering us Euros anything special.

We only get this boxart and no pre-order bonus. However, it will be released for only 39.99 €, in the US it is a full-price title.
51VtW5bNMLL._SS500_.jpg

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
Shiggy said:
We only get this boxart and no pre-order bonus. However, it will be released for only 39.99 €, in the US it is a full-price title.
51VtW5bNMLL._SS500_.jpg
But €39.99 is $54. Its still cheaper here, 'full price' or not.

Shiggy

Drkirby said:
But €39.99 is $54. Its still cheaper here, 'full price' or not.

Doing a direct comparison would only show that we always have to pay more because of the weak dollar.

Top Bottom