• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fresno Shooting, 3 killed, suspect in custody

Status
Not open for further replies.

riotous

Banned
http://www.reuters.com/article/us-c...=topNews&utm_source=twitter&utm_medium=Social

A gunman opened fire in downtown Fresno, California, on Tuesday, killing three people before he was taken into custody, local media reported, citing police.

The suspect, identified as 39-year-old Kori Ali Muhammad, was also wanted in connection with the fatal shooting of a security guard at a Motel 6 in Fresno on Sunday, the Fresno Bee newspaper reported.

Fresno Police Chief Jerry Dyer said Muhammad had expressed a hatred for white people and shouted "Allahu Akhbar" as he was being taken into custody, the Bee reported.

Fresno is an agricultural hub in California's central valley, about 170 miles southeast of San Francisco.

The Bee reported that the gunman opened fire with a large-caliber handgun while cursing shortly before 11 a.m. near a Catholic Charities building.

Looks like a murder suspect that decided to shoot up downtown Fresno. Here we go again.

Sunster

I wish he would have thought about how this will effect non white people.specifically brown muslims.

mas8705

What the hell is going on in California nowdays? I thought this article was talking about the shooting the other week about the idiot who went to the school to shot his wife before killing himself and taking the life of a young person too.

RedStep

I wish he would have thought about how this will effect non white people.specifically brown muslims.

While he's at it he should have also thought through how it would affect the stock prices of the manufacturer of the gun he used, or maybe the cleanup crews that had to deal with the carnage. Or, you know, the actual dead people.

Sunster

Or how it'd affect the people he killed.

Yes, THIS is what the takeaway from this horrible shit is. Not that he just ended 3 peoples lives....

fucking hell.

didn't say it was a key takeaway. his supposed point was that he hated white people so by killing them and shouting allahu akbar he made life for non white people even harder. very stupid of him. killing 3 people was very horrible of him, of course.

Seesaw15

Yes, THIS is what the takeaway from this horrible shit is. Not that he just ended 3 peoples lives....

fucking hell.

Or how it'd affect the people he killed.

While he's at it he should have also thought through how it would affect the stock prices of the manufacturer of the gun he used, or maybe the cleanup crews that had to deal with the carnage. Or, you know, the actual dead people.

Don't derail the thread trying to chide the poster. Everyone reacts to tragedy in their own way.

Back on topic:
RIP to the victims. I know a lot of people in Fresno so this is really scary.

NOLA_Gaffer

Banned

Alternatively he could have thought about how this would affect the three people that are now dead. That would have been preferable, come to think of it.

Edit: I see that this has been covered. Carry on.

SomTervo

Thoughts to all the victims and their families. What a week.

I can't imagine the cocktail of anger, disappointment, and sadness for all Muslim people this guy just smeared the name of (in the eyes of the ignorant at least).

fucking hell.

Nobody is saying the murders are okay

What the fuck

Sunster

Alternatively he could have thought about how this would affect the three people that are now dead. That would have been preferable, come to think of it.

I see that this has been covered. Carry on.

ok, I'm sorry it was insensitive of me to insult the shooter's intelligence before his actions. again, sorry.

guek

Banned
A goddamn shame. May the victims rest in peace.

As for the whole Muslim angle, it fucking pisses me off that that's what'll likely be focused on while people try to ignore the racial aspect of radical white terrorism at every turn.

Boke1879

As for the whole Muslim angle, it fucking pisses me off that that's what'll likely be focused on while people try to ignore the racial aspect of radical white terrorism at every turn.

It is what it is. I could give two fucks what the Alt-right or anyone with a like mind will say about this. They'll use anything to push an agenda.

On topic. This dude was caught. Good. Hit him with a hate crime, give him a harsh sentence and lets be on our way. Open and shut.

My heart goes out to the victims and their families.

didn't say it was a key takeaway. his supposed point was that he hated white people so by killing them and shouting allahu akbar he made life for non white people even harder. very stupid of him. killing 3 people was very horrible of him, of course.

Just saying, when your first response of people being murdered is lamenting potential narrative repercussions, you got messed up priorities.

Bookoo

It's a very simple formula.

Person of color commits act - Racism/Xenophobia

White person commits act - Liberals are going to take our guns & mental illness.

SomTervo

Just saying, when your first response of people being murdered is lamenting potential narrative repercussions, you got messed up priorities.

I'm sure that wasn't their literal first response - like it wasn't mine - but it was something very worth posting on an online discussion board

I heard about the shooting of the security guard last week on the news so I'm glad this guy was apprehended. Condolences to the families of the victims.

Sunster

I don't want to argue, it was not my first response. should every post in a shooting thread be "RIP"? When is it ok to discuss? I'm sorry if my post seemed insensitive. Again.

Sunster

Boss★Moogle;234192643 said:
Stay classy.

That's not what I meant. I was calling him out because he thought of killing white people as some kind of service to a higher cause and yet it will end up damaging his own community. I recognize that it was a poor post.

Rizific

My bosses husband whom I'm also quite close to works for pge in Fresno. Scary moment for us, but he's OK. I moved to Fresno 3 years ago, and downtown Fresno (and much of its surrounding areas) is a fucking shit hole. Senseless murders, hope he rots.

I'm sure that wasn't their literal first response - like it wasn't mine - but it was something very worth posting on an online discussion board

as a black guy / non muslim, my first thought was that this is horrible and god help the families.

my immediate second thought was, fuck -- this is not a good look because the climate is pretty toxic right now. these actions (as well as the actions of that POS facebook killer) unfortunately, and unfairly, are used to judge entire communities. Doesn't make ANY sense, but it's what people do.

It just sucks all round, is all.

Def worth the discussion.

BouncyFrag

You make it sound like these terrorists hold our values and can be reasoned with. The lack of activity in this thread is sad as these incidents are becoming all to common.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom