• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fuck IGN's North American Branch (A Hideo Kojima Rant)

GHG

Ever heard of adding humor to a rage-filled rant? I'm genuinely upset to see IGN release such an obvious ckickbait review score.

e50.jpeg

Highly uncalled for. I hope you're just fucking around.
Obviously I'm overexaggerating but it's another stain on IGN's credibility when your other branches have much different review scores for the same game.

If this is a serious post why aren't you ranting about the guy that gave this a 3/10? The same person who gave Ghost Recon an 8.
Which fucker gave DS a 3/10? Give me a name, now.

The Cockatrice

Gold Member
Obviously I'm overexaggerating but it's another stain on IGN's credibility when your other branches have much different review scores for the same game.

Which fucker gave DS a 3/10? Give me a name, now.

https://powerup-gaming.com/2019/10/15/ghost-recon-breakpoint-review-ugly-is-our-job-son/ :lollipop_thescream:

This just means I can grab this for $20 in a couple of weeks in North America as opposed to paying the $79.99 + taxes canadian they make us pay right now. I'll let the game do it's talking for me when I play it. This is why you can't read too much into reviews anymore. You can't please everybody...

FrostyJ93

Fuck Sony Defense Force. Seriously.
EVERYTIME someone says something against a Sony exclusive game you idiots lose your goddamn mind and go beserk.

this is pathetic. Sony is not your religion or anything. RELAX go OUT and get a LIFE.

This. Sony isnt immune to making flawed games. Relax people, watch teletubbies or something.

j0hnnix

Gold Member
Just imagine if IGN US gave Miyazaki's latest game a bad review, oh wait.. they gave it a 9.5... Fucking IGN US. I bet those IGN Italians gave it a proper review.. oh no.. they gave it a 9.. something's afoot here.

Did IGN NA include the fact that Kojima's stories are nothing but verbal diarrhea that is full of plot holes, nonsensical progression and outright conflicting arcs?

Also did they mention the fact that his stories and story telling is so crap that it only flies in a crappy story-telling medium like games?

Kojima can literally take a dump, wrap it in paper and Kojima fans will gladly eat it for $100 calling it a commentary on modern commerce.

Damn, I really didn't think IGN (any) would score it that low. That's mediocre territory. But eh, if they can justify their score with objective and subjective (in terms of how it holds up against similar games) merits, I can respect it, even if I don't like it...

...which isn't the case either, because I have no opinion on the game itself. I've just been SUPER annoyed with the pretentious marketing, but that doesn't have anything to do with the actual game.

Last edited:

DanielsM

Banned
The oddest part of this is that there are still humans who take IGN reviews seriously.

I pretty much don't take reviews seriously at all. I mean we now have high quality video to judge much of the games from now. Its nice to see if the controls work fine and menus and such, or the feel of combat... but for the most part... you can kind of see whether you will dig a game off of videos.

I have most of the major video game sites on my block list - I'm not sure what the purpose is of most of the sites, most of it is clickbait or just weird fucking shit.

Last edited:
Top Bottom