• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Funimation wants their boy in smash bros.

Hulk_Smash

Banned
No Goku. I swear they better not put him in as a standard character. At best DLC. But even then I will eventually have to face off against him and I don’t even want to see him on screen.

Off topic: There are some characters I think need to take a break as it is. Pretty much all the fire emblem characters that have made an appearance except Marth. (Ike is one of my favorites and I still think he needs to take a break for at least one game.)

Sonic
Rob
Sheik
Captain Falcon
Lucario
Toon Link
Ganondorf (OOT/TP version)
Falco
(TP Link and generic Mario should also take a break. I was pretty disappointed we didn’t get Skyward Sword Link or Galaxy Mario)

Ness needs to retire forever... or at least until we get another Mother game. He has gotten boring and no new games will mean no new move sets.

Don’t mean to get off rails here but I think the only way we are going to get more new characters ESPECIALLY non-Nintendo ones is to clear the deck. Otherwise Goku or anyone that’s actually worthy of inclusion (Simon Belmont) will just be white noise.

Codes 208

Sean was the first one to read that stupid "I'm the hope of the universe" line xD TFS just made it better while laughting at it.
I was direcrly referring to the segment "the terror that flapd in the night" that shit is exclusively TFS.
And besides that, they redid that scene for kai and sean did a much better job representing the original line (even referring to him as son goku for the second time in funimation history. The first being burst limit's I am speech)
someone gets it, here's a general rule of thumb: the only characters added to smash are the result of a first party partnership. Nintendo wouldn't just add characters because they're fan favorites
Um. What nintendo first party game has cloud in it? Or pacman?

Voodin

Neo Member
I was direcrly referring to the segment "the terror that flapd in the night" that shit is exclusively TFS.
And besides that, they redid that scene for kai and sean did a much better job representing the original line (even referring to him as son goku for the second time in funimation history. The first being burst limit's I am speech)

Um. What nintendo first party game has cloud in it? Or pacman?
NES had Pacmania and Gamecube had Pacman vs, Namco has also had a few first party, non-Pacman games as well, like that fucking Soul Calibur Legends game. And while there hasn't been a first party game explicitly featuring cloud, Square has had a few first party partnerships with Nintendo, ie. Super Mario RPG.

Character additions in smash are typically the result of close business relations with other developers, if it was a popularity contest then we'd be getting a lot shittier characters

Last edited:

Codes 208

NES had Pacmania and Gamecube had Pacman vs, Namco has also had a few first party, non-Pacman games as well, like that fucking Soul Calibur Legends game. And while there hasn't been a first party game explicitly featuring cloud, Square has had a few first party partnerships with Nintendo, ie. Super Mario RPG.

Character additions in smash are typically the result of close business relations with other developers, if it was a popularity contest then we'd be getting a lot shittier characters
Pacman also had a lot of games on virtually every system ever. Its pacman. Youre also mistaking "first party deals" with second and third party since they werent actually developed by nintendo, just published. And yes, square made SMRPG, but if you may recall. Afterwards they had a falling out with nintendo and we got FF7 on ps1 only. By that logic, we got our first dragon ball game on nes (it was censored in the west as dragon warrior or some shit because dragonball wasnt well known yet)

Once again, bandai as developer of smash 4, they own pacman, thats the only real reason hes in smash. but they also own the gaming rights to dbz. Theres no real reason why we couldnt see goku in smash

I'd rather have Goku than any other anime character, I guess, but having one in their just seems weird. Rather they don't tbh.

This coming from a pretty big fan of anime

Last edited:
Top Bottom