• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Furry-GAF

Uchip

Banned
instead of posting cute girly things ill try this

in terms of raw artistic talent the best is probably
digital: jayaxer
Nighttime_Tracking__Nika_by_JayAxer.jpg
traditional: alectorfencor
comic/humour:jollyjack
cute things: Miu

Prax

you posted felicia from darkstalkers....
i dont think of it as fanservice when the characters would be far too warm in standard clothing
unless snow :)

*I* posted Felicia? You are misremembering. That was a Don thing.
I don't even like Felicia! xD She is a bit too.. "cliche catgirl with ephasis on fanservice" for me.

Anything with emphasis on groin, butt, and/or boobs and sexiness is fanservice to me~!
Which is a problem I have with the furry art community (and perhaps most "fandoms"). Too much fanservice. Low grade fanservice at that!
It is so hard to puruse DA for anything good. xD

Uchip

Banned
It is so hard to puruse DA for anything good. xD

thats why you +watch the good artists
only brave
insane
people would do it any other way

and the human figure can be artistic in terms of poses and shape
calling it fanservice because something has tits is a bit iffy

Well, you've always gotta start somewhere. Like scrolling past hundreds of pictures on a random search result, day after day...

Luckily, you can nowadays combine image search + an image board to start off. Or listen in on certain conversations to get names of artists you might like.

Uchip

Banned
Well, you've always gotta start somewhere. Like scrolling past hundreds of pictures on a random search result, day after day...

Luckily, you can nowadays combine image search + an image board to start off. Or listen in on certain conversations to get names of artists you might like.

yeah i can see it now
innocent kid likes starfox and decides that fox people are cool
does a search for starfox pictures and is scarred for life :p

Boss Doggie

all my loli wolf companions are so moe
Those pieces are from Hama's own site (the creator of Delga, who appears in the doujin fighter "Monster").

http://www.geocities.jp/final_howl/

Yeah I know.

I lost the site containing a bunch of Japanese artists' webpages, so I couldn't find Final Howl website.

Kinda sucks that Monster creator shok got too "distracted" canceling the project altogether. It surprisingly had a decent following.

Boss Doggie

Then again rarely you'd see a tightly, lightly dressed buff feline smiling back at you while waving his ass on rollerblades.

Oh god rollerblades

Boss Doggie

The art reminds me... looks familiar.

Also I have a feeling that tiger had already been naked in another pic.

Songbird

Prodigal Son
Okay, going to bring attention away from those iffy commercials for a moment. I saw someone posted work by Pollo-Chan earlier on this page so I thought I'd share a little more. This character is one of the best and most unusual I've seen in a long time.

Pollo-Chan said:

CHEEZMO™;34123460 said:
What is it with Orangina and anthro animals?

From what I've gathered, zoomorphical anthropomorphism has a slightly different cultural je ne sais quoi for Parisians.

Orangina has a history of using bizarre advertisements to drum up controversy and free publicity.

However, the use of an anthro character was also a good way for them to do a gay-friendly ad without outright showing two dudes. The gay cougar thing was them following in McDonald's footsteps, I believe, trying to capture some of France's thus untapped gay market.

Personally, I think this Coke ad was way more bizzare: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yNXUtk79QwE

What "furry" works do you think deserve a signal boost?

Off-hand, I'd go with "Erma Felna: EDF", a "hard sci-fi war and political drama focusing on the personal and professional crises of the eponymous character, an anthropomorphic female cat and a Tactical Aerospace Commander in the the Extraplanetary Defense Force, or EDF."

T40JJ.jpg

Erma Felna: EDF, was featured in the comic book anthology "Albedo Anthropomorphics", which was first published in 1983 and ran until 2005.

To quote this excellent piece ( http://idesignyoureyes.com/tag/erma-felna-edf/ ) on it, "Erma Felna EDF was a serious science fiction drama. As “hard” sci-fi, its space travel science and military technology were very well worked-out and explained by Gallacci, a former technical illustrator for the US Air Force."

More on Steve Gallacci: http://en.wikifur.com/wiki/Steve_Gallacci

Albedo also contained other series, like Stan Sakai's Usagi Yojimbo and Matt Howarth's Konny and Czu.

Okay, going to bring attention away from those iffy commercials for a moment. I saw someone posted work by Pollo-Chan earlier on this page so I thought I'd share a little more. This character is one of the best and most unusual I've seen in a long time.

Looks heavily inspired by Ivalice moogles.

Boss Doggie

I still think we need more exposure for Blacksad and, for the English market, Grandville.

CHEEZMO™;34123460 said:
What is it with Orangina and anthro animals?

French!

Acerac

Banned
CHEEZMO™;34128365 said:
Have you tasted Orangina?

loljk, it's nice.

At first I saw them use it as an aftershave and thought that was strange but possible but it just kept getting weirder.

What I'm most curious about is why they advertise it as a floor cleaner. o_o

Humour.

Humour is subjective.

In America, someone would actually try it, then sue for false advertising when they realize it isn't a good cleaning product. *

loldisclaimers

* This post is not to be used as a suppository, and does not actually contain any nourishment. Fast-motion photography used. Reading this post may result in rectal bleeding, schizophrenia or death. Talk to your doctor before reading this post.

Top Bottom