• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Future Insomniac games leaked

SF Kosmo

Al Jazeera Special Reporter
Based on the timing, I am gonna guess that Venom is going to be a standalone expansion in the way Miles Morales was. Which is a cool way to go with it. I guess no Miles Morales 2.

X-Men is a big deal. Feels like a PS6 seller

FoxMcChief

Gold Member
Man. Insomniac is more than just a Marvel studio. I’d rather they moved up the Ratchet & new IP and push back all the Marvel stuff, after Wolverine.

Phase

Oh boy I'm so excited to play a new ratchet & clank in 2030 after delays... Insomniac will be closed before most of this comes to fruition.

Represent.

Represent(ative) of bad opinions
I feel bad for Insomniac. Its great to see these game leaks as a fan but they probably feel awful.
Its a bunch of early development footage that the final game will look much better than, and a bunch of sales data the general public doesnt care about. The only damaging thing here is the personal info of the employees... which I havent seen poted anywhere anyway.
Oh yeah, let's leak out games 10 years away! Why didn't they ever announce them that early at E3? Surely no one would complain about that! Oh wait...
Like I said, sucks its Insomniac. As they were the only ones holding down the fort. But SONY had this coming.

No fucking showcases, the one they did have they announced literally zero new first party games. A bunch of GAAS trash and ugly ass cross gen games.
They skip all game shows. They pioneered the cancellation of E3.
They showed up to the Video Game awards with a fucking Free DLC announcement.
They expect us all to get hyped about 12 live service games.
They raise prices by 600% in countries like Brazil.
They raise the price of their console in every country but USA, cuz fuck us.

So yeah, fuck Sony, I'm glad it's leaking. Announce games and stop skipping out on game shows.

No E3, No Gamescom, No TGA, No Summer Games Fest.. Shit PS Showcases with a bunch of 3rd party games.

We're talking about video games here not nuclear launch codes. Insomniac will be fine.

Last edited:
Based on the timing, I am gonna guess that Venom is going to be a standalone expansion in the way Miles Morales was. Which is a cool way to go with it. I guess no Miles Morales 2.

Spiderman 3 will essentially be Miles Morales 2 now that it's confirmed that he will be the main Spiderman going forward and not Peter Parker.

Thirty7ven

Banned
Man. Insomniac is more than just a Marvel studio. I’d rather they moved up the Ratchet & new IP and push back all the Marvel stuff, after Wolverine.

Wrong.

Spiderman, Wolverine, X Men, Blade, these are all cool ass characters with a lot of potential to make great games. Ratchet and Clank isn't Marvel but... he's a super hero... and the whole thing is like a comic book anyway.

skit_data

As someone who has personally completely checked out from the tsunami of superhero movies (Haven't even bothered to watch Avengers Endgame) I really don't mind Insomniac doing these kinds of games because they are the only time I get exposed to the MCU and Insomniac are great at doing them. But I can see why some people are disappointed.

mortal

Gold Member
Damn, this has to be one of the most devastating leaks I've ever witnessed. It's typically limited to certain games in development, but even sensitive private information, game, and financial docs have been compromised.

I'm not sure how much of this can be attributed to lax security or a blind spot for vulnerabilities, but I do feel sorry for Insomniac. This has probably been a huge blow to them with all of this disruption.
Ngl, it's rather enlightening information. Now, many online know as much about the inner workings of Insomniac as some employees do, which is obviously too much insight lol.

graywolf323

Nice. If Sony aint gonna announce any 1st party games, leak the fuck out of em.

Sucks it had to be Insomniac, the only one actually holding down the fort.

And yeah, Marvel gave them the keys to everything. Spider-Man 3 PS5/PS6 cross gen confirmed. Ratchet next gen only. Then Xmen their real PS6 game.
and then people will instead complain about how long they’re taking to develop and release (like is Xbox’s problem right now)

it really seems like it’s lose-lose with gamers these days, either a game gets announced too early or they wait to announce it & people act like they’re doing nothing 🙄

Represent.

and then people will instead complain about how long they’re taking to develop and release (like is Xbox’s problem right now)

it really seems like it’s lose-lose with gamers these days, either a game gets announced too early or they wait to announce it & people act like they’re doing nothing 🙄
No sympathy for that either. They are the ones deciding to make 40+ hour games the standard. Spending hundreds of millions.

Make 10 hour games again and shorten dev time.

More lost legacy’s and mikes morales

Less avatars

Last edited:

hyperbertha

What’s revolutionary about BOTW?

Sony makes iterations on their formula, as does Nintendo.

From Software does the same.

Ubisoft
EA

Almost all studios have an identity and make similar versions of what made them successful.

Nintendo is no different.
Universally accepted as the most revolutionary game last gen, you didn't play it did you?

Dacvak

No one shall be brought before our LORD David Bowie without the true and secret knowledge of the Photoshop. For in that time, so shall He appear.
Insomniac, you’re really good at making the Spider-Man games, but PLEASE don’t become a studio that just cranks out Marvel IPs with the occasional Ratchet and Clank.

mckmas8808

Mckmaster uses MasterCard to buy Slave drives
Nice. If Sony aint gonna announce any 1st party games, leak the fuck out of em.

Sucks it had to be Insomniac, the only one actually holding down the fort.

And yeah, Marvel gave them the keys to everything. Spider-Man 3 PS5/PS6 cross gen confirmed. Ratchet next gen only. Then Xmen their real PS6 game.

I hate to say this.........but I agree with you. If Jim Ryan isn't going to let his devs talk, then hack them and leak some news. Maybe this will force Sony to actually talk.

PSYGN

Imagine the company morale having to work on this Marvel superhero drudgery for many years to come.

Last edited:

Evil Calvin

Afraid of Boobs
Doxxing people is not fucking cool at all, but if this leak stops the never ending funnel of superhero piss water from dominating the games industry for the next few years, it will have done a good job.

Think up something new, you lazy fucking cunts.
Well said. Not just Marvel games but sequels in general....and remasters....and remakes....and reboots.......and GAAS........(Last of Us, God of War, Horizon......nothing is new).

Evil Calvin

Afraid of Boobs
If you saw the after credits scene, you’d see they are trying to add female power to the cast (Silk)

I’ll be fine with a Spid3rverse game tbh

Not sure if they should try multiplayer/co-op, but my daughter keeps asking me “Gwen when?” So maybe a Silk + Gwen game?
Who the fuck is Silk?

ShirAhava

Plays with kids toys, in the adult gaming world
Lame.

Resistance is the only series I care about from insomniac (Ratchet is cool and I play them every so often but not really my thing) good to know I can ignore them indefinitely these crappy Marvel IP games are the furthest thing from my taste

Last edited:

Eiknarf

Banned
the leaked Wolverine footage has some nice brutal fights!! Should be even better in two years when it comes out

BennyBlanco

aka IMurRIVAL69
they should do sunset overdrive 2 rather than another ratchet. They own the IP right? They could take what they learned from all this capeshit and make traversal even better. Probably would be easy to repurpose a bunch of SM2 assets for it too.

Last edited:

violence

Insomniac is a good studio. They deserve better treatment. Fuck these hackers. By the way, all this info is fascinating.

nikos

Its a bunch of early development footage that the final game will look much better than, and a bunch of sales data the general public doesnt care about. The only damaging thing here is the personal info of the employees... which I havent seen poted anywhere anyway.

Like I said, sucks its Insomniac. As they were the only ones holding down the fort. But SONY had this coming.

No fucking showcases, the one they did have they announced literally zero new first party games. A bunch of GAAS trash and ugly ass cross gen games.
They skip all game shows. They pioneered the cancellation of E3.
They showed up to the Video Game awards with a fucking Free DLC announcement.
They expect us all to get hyped about 12 live service games.
They raise prices by 600% in countries like Brazil.
They raise the price of their console in every country but USA, cuz fuck us.

So yeah, fuck Sony, I'm glad it's leaking. Announce games and stop skipping out on game shows.

No E3, No Gamescom, No TGA, No Summer Games Fest.. Shit PS Showcases with a bunch of 3rd party games.

We're talking about video games here not nuclear launch codes. Insomniac will be fine.

What kind of logic is this?

You haven't given us a show so we'll just steal everything instead. People aren't entitled to shit.

Represent.

What kind of logic is this?

You haven't given us a show so we'll just steal everything instead. People aren't entitled to shit.
I spend $800 on a console, for first party games, I deserve to know what first party gmes will be available.

They haven't announced a new one in 3+ years.

Marvel releases their movie roadmaps years in advance. This is technically nothing new for them.

Announce your shit or someone else will.

Games media is way too secretive.

Last edited:

nikos

I spend $800 on a console, for first party games, I deserve to know what first party gmes will be available.

Marvel releases their movie roadmaps years in advance. This is technically nothing new for them.

That's not the way things work.

Represent.

That's not the way things work.
Except, it is, in every other industry except for .... Games.

I buy a camera, I want to know what lenses will be available for it years in advance. So the company releases a roadmap

Nikon released this in 2017.

Nikon_Nikkor_Lens_Roadmaps_2.jpeg

I'm a fan of Marvel, I want to know what movies to expect from them:

1163272717.jpg.jpg

Sony? Announce nothing. Skip all game shows. Pioneer the movement to get E3 cancelled. Have a PS Showcase with no 1st Party game announcements. Show up to TGA with Free DLC. Raise prices by 600% in some countries.

Fuck that shit. Announce your games, or they will leak. I have no sympathy. They need to stop acting like games are nuclear codes.

Only negative thing is the personal info getting hacked too.

Last edited:

Orbital2060

They haven't announced a new one in 3+ years.

You got your wires crossed. No one's privacy should be breached just because you're dissatisfied with your purchase. Criminal activity is criminal activity, period.

The original report said 98 % was uploaded, and some of the content was sold to a bidder (2 %).

I'm aware:

I went straight to the source itself (not the article). If that 2% made it to someone other than its rightful owners then its just foul. I suspect they abused some loose active directory structure. The leaked data reveals some information about the systems Insomniac uses.

Last edited:

Represent.

You got your wires crossed. No one's privacy should be breached just because you're dissatisfied with your purchase. Criminal activity is criminal activity, period.
Not once did I say people should have their info leaked, I have said over and over thats the shitty part here.

But the games leaking? I dont care.

Bond007

Damn, there sure is alot of superhero hate lately.
Movies/Games- if its good i'm gonna follow it. Slow down the flow of releases on the movie side to get quality back up. Games don't have this problem particularly.

ProtoByte

Well sure, but you don't think all the marvel stuff will be run into the ground too?

All of these are going to follow the Spiderman formula, there's only so many times they can do that style before it eventually becomes boring (unless they pivot into linear gameplay later down the line which would be kind of sick)
Wolverine is wide linear and a lot more violent than Spider-Man. It's more GoW '18 than anything.

ProtoByte

Then you're one of the main people ruining the hobby, people who focus too much on sales and what's profitable over what you actually want to play. Are you actually a gamer or a Sony Stockholder?
I'm a realist who understands that these games only exist because of the business opportunities they represent. Acknowledging that doesn't make me a ruiner of the hobby simply because you don't like what people are buying and playing.

It should be a PS5 seller, tho.

Actually the more pressing stuff out of this is that the PC versions of these games seem to be under development around the same time as the console version. That could explain why the games are taking even longer to release.

Might also explain some of the unusual bugs that were present Day 1 in games like HFW, if they were developing PS4, PS5 and PC versions roughly around the same time. That's a LOT of hardware configurations to optimize for simultaneously, and those types of resources are not infinite.

mckmas8808

Mckmaster uses MasterCard to buy Slave drives
I am going to stop you there, devs themselves don't want to talk until it's closer to release. Bet.

If this is true, then I don't mind the leaks. I hate the leaking of personal information though. But there's no reason why would should find out about games only 6-12 months out from release. The marketing model has worked for decades. No need to be so uptight about development nowadays.

This is me assuming the game is coming out Fall of 24 or Spring of 25.

Top Bottom