• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Future Insomniac games leaked

FeralEcho

• Dreams
  • Gran Turismo 7
  • Gran Turismo 7 PS VR 2
  • Concord
  • Firewall Ultra
  • Horizon Call of the Mountain
  • Sackboy
  • Astrobot
  • Astrobot's sequel
  • Destruction All Stars
  • Helldivers 2
  • Fairgames
Sony does and continues to do plenty of non-3P A/A games.
Considering it takes 5+years to get a game going nowadays all those were approved pre Jim Ryan takeover so your example is terrible.

Flutta

Banned
3rd Person Action Thriller
Wide Linear and Story Driven

Such an untapped genre for Sony.
I mean what else can they do with a Wolve game?

2D sidescroller?
A first person type Wolve game?
VR?
Walking sim?
Teltale ?

Whatever they choose people will complain either way.

I lost all interest for any Inso game after that woke spider-man 2 garbage, also this Wolverine game has wokeness written all over it and it looks to be kiddy friendly so this is a HARD PASS lol.

Fabieter

I hate being spoiled with video game announcements. There are alot more impactful and fun if there aint any leaks.

Heisenberg007

Gold Journalism

2D sidescroller?
A first person type Wolve game?
VR?
Walking sim?
Teltale ?

Whatever they choose people will complain either way.

I lost all interest for any Inso game after that woke spider-man 2 garbage, also this Wolverine game has wokeness written all over it and it looks to be kiddy friendly so this is a HARD PASS lol.
Card builder rogue-lite Wolverine game 🔥

Last edited:
And SP3 will be a trio game PP, MM and Venom working together. And XMen will be SP crew and Wolverine crew.
If you saw the after credits scene, you’d see they are trying to add female power to the cast (Silk)

I’ll be fine with a Spid3rverse game tbh

Not sure if they should try multiplayer/co-op, but my daughter keeps asking me “Gwen when?” So maybe a Silk + Gwen game?

Elios83

Lots of exciting stuff.
A Venom game, Wolverine being the first of three games covered by a new Sony exclusivity contract with Marvel covering all the X-Men for a decade.
Spiderman 3 might be two parts!

I expected Wolverine to be a 2025 game so that's a bit later than I thought.
Probably it was announced as soon as the X-Men contract was signed.

A new R&C is also planned but really long term, clearly if you don't like Marvel Insomniac won't have much to offer for a considerable amount of time. But you can't please everyone.

Last edited:

64bitmodels

Reverse groomer.
Before that, they were spamming Ratchet And Clank. Going by the sales figures of Rift Apart, they've successfully run that into the ground.
Well sure, but you don't think all the marvel stuff will be run into the ground too?

All of these are going to follow the Spiderman formula, there's only so many times they can do that style before it eventually becomes boring (unless they pivot into linear gameplay later down the line which would be kind of sick)

Banjo64

cumsessed

2D sidescroller?
I would applaud that for sure.
Walking sim?
GIF by Christmas FM

💯

64bitmodels

Reverse groomer.
Let the people live in their bubble.

X-men game is going to make a lot of people upset with it's success.
I don't see why you guys are so ready to point at the sales and statistics. Yes I know they're selling really good. I think that's obvious by the insane amount of Marvel on this timeline.
But Spiderman's already gotten 3 games in under 5 years.All these new games are going to follow that superhero open world brawler formula which we've already have 3 entries of. Aren't you guys getting a bit tired of this?

I don't care if it sells well, I don't care if it's critically acclaimed. Oldschool 3D Zelda was critically acclaimed for like 5 entries and then they pivoted into open world because people were getting tired of it. I was hoping that after wolverine we'd see some more new stuff from Insomniac.

Last edited:

64bitmodels

Reverse groomer.
No matter what, I will never really take it seriously when people bemoan the loss of "creativity" when said creativity doesn't sell.
Then you're one of the main people ruining the hobby, people who focus too much on sales and what's profitable over what you actually want to play. Are you actually a gamer or a Sony Stockholder?

Spyxos

Gold Member
I was hoping for a Venom game after he was already playable in Spider-Man 2. A bit too much Marvel for my taste. Apart from Spiderman 3, it all looks very interesting.

Unknown?

Nice. If Sony aint gonna announce any 1st party games, leak the fuck out of em.

Sucks it had to be Insomniac, the only one actually holding down the fort.

And yeah, Marvel gave them the keys to everything. Spider-Man 3 PS5/PS6 cross gen confirmed. Ratchet next gen only. Then Xmen their real PS6 game.
Oh yeah, let's leak out games 10 years away! Why didn't they ever announce them that early at E3? Surely no one would complain about that! Oh wait...

Del_X

The Wolverine game looks deep into development and it’s still three years away? These productions are getting insanely expensive.

Two part Spider-Man 3? They’re really adopting the Marvel movie formula aren’t they 😆 Guess that will get suckers for double the $70 price tag. Also why are people assuming Wolverine will not be M rated? It better be. It’s going to be a family friendly SM type game where you play as Jean half the time, isn’t it 😔

NeoIkaruGAF

Gold Member
We have the Marvel Videogame Universe now.

I don't see why you guys are so ready to point at the sales and statistics. Yes I know they're selling really good. I think that's obvious by the insane amount of Marvel on this timeline.

But Spiderman's already gotten 3 games in under 5 years.All these new games are going to follow that superhero open world brawler formula which we've already have 3 entries of. Aren't you guys getting a bit tired of this?

I don't care if it sells well, I don't care if it's critically acclaimed. Oldschool 3D Zelda was critically acclaimed for like 5 entries and then they pivoted into open world because people were getting tired of it. I was hoping that after wolverine we'd see some more new stuff from Insomniac.
Zelda was popular only with gamers, and never sold gangbusters before the Switch.

With Marvel licenses you just have to have up-to-date visuals, professional VA and a barely coherent back story and the games will sell themselves. Plus, it’s PlayStation. It’s 15-20 million guaranteed in the first year regardless of innovation. It’s also guaranteed critical acclaim because the games are carefully written to check all the right boxes, and the gaming press never fails to respond accordingly. All the nominees Spider-Man 2 got at the latest TGA tell a story you’ll see repeated pretty much every other year, if not more often, for the next decade. It’s not even that important that these games actually win awards, the buzz and the nominees are what publishers are really after in this case.

We’re going to see less and less new stuff from AAA devs. It’s absolutely inevitable. Only with this kind of content and the backing from big non-gaming IPs it’s possible to make a game that will recoup costs at this level. The rest will be GAAS.

So many marvel garbage omg. I feel bad for Insomniac devs, they're definitely going to get burned out for doing the same shit. Just why...

Heimdall_Xtreme

Jim Ryan Fanclub's #1 Member
This is true or Fake???

Disney forces Sony to sell 6 million of each of its games in the first year, and the only way for Sony to achieve this is by putting them in Playstation 5 Packs.
If they don't get those sales, Disney will withdraw their license.

Last edited:

Thirty7ven

Banned
This is true or Fake???

Disney forces Sony to sell 6 million of each of its games in the first year, and the only way for Sony to achieve this is by putting them in Playstation 5 Packs.
If they don't get those sales, Disney will withdraw their license.

If you can’t make a Spider-Man, Wolverine, X-Men get 6 million sales in 12 months with bundles included then might as well pack it up anyway and move on. These are huge IP with huge budgets.

Punished Miku

Gold Member
If you can’t make a Spider-Man, Wolverine, X-Men get 6 million sales in 12 months with bundles included then might as well pack it up anyway and move on. These are huge IP with huge budgets.
And the relevant factor is that they're exclusive rights to the use of the IP so Disney can't sell any other X-Men games to other publishers in this time. 6 million isn't that hard for Sony. This is just a clause for Disney to get out of it if the games start bombing so they can sell it to someone else.

Men_in_Boxes

Snake Oil Salesman

IP fatigue is a made up term that sounded good coming from the people who said it...but it doesn't exist.

We've gotten 41 Marvel movies in the last 18 years. They're still huge.

We've gotten 19 CoD games in the last 19 years. They're still huge.

You and I might not like this trend, but the market definitely does.

Danknugz

personally i can understand why kids love the marvel universe and maybe some boomers for nostalgia / comics. but from a critical perspective i find it hard to respect these movies / IP, i guess it's kind of like michael bay movies, they're flashy and all action and excitement but just don't resonate with me, i've never watched one of the movies or played any of the games.

KXVXII9X

If this is actually true, I think I won't even bother getting a PS5. Too many sequels, remakes/remasters, third person, over the shoulder, action-adventure games, and not enough completely new IP's. I don't think any of these games will be bad, but I'm so fatigued on these kinds of games. Spectacle and well know IPs aren't enough to wow me.

sloppyjoe_gamer

Gold Member
Nothing but comic book trash until 2029 (if true)......UGH! Like why not do something with the Resistance franchise? These guys are unoriginal being a comic book game studio like ND being a LOU studio.

Top Bottom