• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GAF-Hop 2011+ |OT3| Look out for OT4 before Detox (dat sh!t cray)

Status
Not open for further replies.

njean777

You know after seeing this Drake tour with ASAP and Kendrick I have to say one good thing about Drake is at least he is helping others breakout. I mean he gave Kendrick a whole song on "Take Care", how many other artists do that?

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
You know after seeing this Drake tour with ASAP and Kendrick I have to say one good thing about Drake is at least he is helping others breakout. I mean he gave Kendrick a whole song on "Take Care", how many other artists do that?
It's a nice notion, that's for sure. Artists give eachother intros/outros/interludes all the time though.

I really wanna see how far Kendrick gets. I was listening to HiiiPower and Keisha's Song the other day and it really blew my mind how incredibly well crafted both those songs are, and how badly I wish Kendrick delivered stuff on that level all the time.

The City is such an incredible song too, Game and Kendrick mesh so well together. It's this beautiful contrast of styles. The verses Game drops across that song have this impenetrable delivery and go so hard, and then you have Kendrick building up to that fantastic verse-kind-of-thing at the end to close it all out; all over some fantastic production. I don't know how some of y'all couldn't feel that song.

njean777

It's a nice notion, that's for sure. Artists give eachother intros/outros/interludes all the time though.

I really wanna see how far Kendrick gets. I was listening to HiiiPower and Keisha's Song the other day and it really blew my mind how incredibly well crafted both those songs are, and how badly I wish Kendrick delivered stuff on that level all the time.

The City is such an incredible song too, Game and Kendrick mesh so well together. It's this beautiful contrast of styles. The verses Game drops across that song have this impenetrable delivery and go so hard, and then you have Kendrick building up to that fantastic verse-kind-of-thing at the end to close it all out; all over some fantastic production. I don't know how some of y'all couldn't feel that song.

Yeah The City is a really good song imo. I just think it is cool that Drake is representing these young artists.

yencid

ZCSWb.gif

Blackace

if you see me in a fight with a bear, don't help me fool, help the bear!
Well, that's west coast, but it isn't "universally" regarded.

every east coast head I deal with it comes up too.. in fact the hardcore east heads pretty much tell me its the only west coast album that they would even consider goat.. So yeah it pretty much gets mentioned.. and if mentioned its hard to say anything about it..

KRIT needs to realize that he could be making money on this shit. Let me give you money muhfucka

On an unrelated note I can hear Ye performing from my house. If I wanted to get smacked in the head with a bottle I'd be there

POWERFUL MUSIC VERY POWERFUL!

That Nas video is ridiculous. How many times must he have performed in his life and he now can't do one whole less than 3 minutes long song!?
On that note it's kinda crazy singers can do whole concerts or whole operas or whatever themselves but when it comes to rapping, dudes can only do a few bars before needing a hype man to start filling shit in. I don't get that.

nns3d

Hah, I was actually going through K.R.I.T. Wuz Here the other day. Can't wait to see what he has in store for us this time.

mileS

LIL B SEEMS TO MOVE THE WORLD ONE DAY AT A TIME,
ARE YOU THE HATER?
OR ARE YOU THE LOVER?
ARE YOU THE THEIF OR ARE YOU THE PROSPER?
ARE YOU A GIFT OR ARE YOU A FLOWER? ARE YOU A BABY OR ARE YOU A MONSTER?
YOU PICK YOU ASSHOLE - Lil B

shout out to Kanye, i see you Joe

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom