• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GAF-Hop 2011+ |OT3| Look out for OT4 before Detox (dat sh!t cray)

Status
Not open for further replies.

filler

Banned
Statement wasn't outlandish, I've liked a total of maybe 5 songs from Kanye. 2001 has more than 5 songs that I like.

lol at "jeopardize your credibility"

T Dollarz

It depends on my mood for what I listen to in the car and also, kinda dumb, but also time of day and weather. If it's a nice day out I love to put on somehappy feel-good shit. Yesterday I was cruising to some Kush & OJ and Cabin Fever. Hadn't listened to him in a while but it was great to go back to those and they bang in the whip. For nighttime driving, I love me some chill beats to vibe with. Big KRIT's two tapes actually might be my favorite driving music. Perfect mix between bangers and chillness. Dilla and MF Doom are great too and really inspire deep thought when cruising around town at night. (What do I do? I drive.)

Tokubetsu

I want to like Spaceghostpurrp, but I'm a bigger fan of his production than his rapping. A lot of garbage/filler on his tapes and sometimes he takes the lo-fi shit TOO far. There are plenty of Tennesse tapes from the 90s that don't even sound half as bad as the shit he puts out sometimes.

K.Jack

Knowledge is power, guard it well
Finally unbanned, fuck.

I've been trying to keep track of the thread, but have there been any really notable releases I may have missed in the last month or so?

Tokubetsu

Finally unbanned, fuck.

I've been trying to keep track of the thread, but have there been any really notable releases I may have missed in the last month or so?

kanyewestkanyewestkanyewest something something something, balla balla garbage, kanyewestkanyewestkanyewestkanyewestkanyewest.
Big Sean

61hnGFRtElL._SS500_.jpg

Ka just dropped an amazing album, Grief Pedigree. If you liked Roc Marciano's classic Marcberg definitely check this out. Gritty, simple production and dope deliberate rhyming. Not for everyone

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vKlCUHjU7p4

DominoKid

Finally unbanned, fuck.

gucci - trap back
chip tha ripper - tell ya friends
curren$y - muscle car chronicles
schoolboy q - habits and contradictions
lana del rey - born to die

you know when i first heard you (and ace as well i think) say this. i was like "fuck you guys" but then i listened to it again and i was like "oh shit."

i always figured that was the conventional thought about 2001...

Kreed

Hottest MCs was entertaining as usual

1. Ross
2. Drake
3. Kanye
4. Nicki
5. Wayne

6. Jay-Z
7. Meek Mill
8. Big Sean
9. Wiz Khalifa
10. Wale

I never care for these lists but the twitter comments scrolling at the bottom of the screen during the show were pretty funny.

I want to like Spaceghostpurrp, but I'm a bigger fan of his production than his rapping. A lot of garbage/filler on his tapes and sometimes he takes the lo-fi shit TOO far. There are plenty of Tennesse tapes from the 90s that don't even sound half as bad as the shit he puts out sometimes.

Yeah, love his production though. It's like some 3-6 mafia shit or something. Hope he produces outside of ASAP crew more often.

Oh and that Ka song is good. Will probably check out the album/tape now.

Recon

Banned
gucci - trap back
chip tha ripper - tell ya friends
curren$y - muscle car chronicles
schoolboy q - habits and contradictions
lana del rey - born to die

i always figured that was the conventional thought about 2001...

Only two of those are worth checking out. Lana and Q.

siddx

Magnificent Eager Mighty Brilliantly Erect Registereduser
I don't enjoy the vast majority of gucci's work, although once in a blue moon he does something I like. Still better than wacka, lil b, soulja boy, OJ the juiceman, and a handful of others. And at least he has some credibility behind his tough guy bullshit unlike the majority of rappers.
If I want dumb ignorant music that is fun I'll go listen to some rick ross or even better old three 6.

Esch

Banned
Gucci is a comedic genius. I could never listen to full Gucci album because my brain works but he's quite a character.

Complex Shadow

Cudi Lame™
I don't enjoy the vast majority of gucci's work, although once in a blue moon he does something I like. Still better than wacka, lil b, soulja boy, OJ the juiceman, and a handful of others. And at least he has some credibility behind his tough guy bullshit unlike the majority of rappers.
If I want dumb ignorant music that is fun I'll go listen to some rick ross or even better old three 6.
lemonade was the only thing worth listing to.

good old three 6

WanderingWind

Mecklemore Is My Favorite Wrapper

Fuck. I had forgotten all about OJ. What the fuck was that song he did with Wakka that was so goddamn stupid it was funny? Had a video. Came out about the same time as his equally hilarious XXL Freshmen "freestyle"

Esch

Banned
OJ Da JuiceMan and ii got stanima(Stamina)
&& ii like animals
Hannah Montanima
Hit the club cuz still eatin' a bananana
At the bar takin' shots dog, no camera
Ride the short bus
And I'm boomin' and I'm bunkin'
Hit the classroom and you know I'm flunkin'
Tropicana Chevy orange sord of like a pumpkin
Sittin on the toilet cuz still getting blumpkin (??)
Boo me off the stage but I'm still gettin' money
As a cartoon man I'm still lookin' funny
Look like Winnie the Pooh
Don't make me steal your honey
OJ Da Juiceman, Keep it 100
Eatin' on some squirrel meat when I get hungry
When I get bored, dawg I play with my monkey
Rap game hard, but the dope game crazy
Catch me in the kitchen dog whippin' up the babies

//B1G

Banned
Yeah, love his production though. It's like some 3-6 mafia shit or something. Hope he produces outside of ASAP crew more often.

Oh and that Ka song is good. Will probably check out the album/tape now.

just checked him cus of what you guys were saying (i'm a huge memphis head) and first song i click on definitely does rub me like some early paul shit or something.

SoilBreak

Banned
I'm an OG like my daddy, I'm a hustler like my momma
I'mma stack my bread all winter so I can ball out all summer
Got foreign choppas, Osama, smoke presidential, Obama
Got that bald head, got that skinhead, that white girl Sinéad O'Connor

T Dollarz

I'm an OG like my daddy, I'm a hustler like my momma
I'mma stack my bread all winter so I can ball out all summer
Got foreign choppas, Osama, smoke presidential, Obama
Got that bald head, got that skinhead, that white girl Sinéad O'Connor
Damn, that's sweet. Who is that?

siddx

At some point I want to record an EP called Ignorant and Drunk (fuck yo mama wit dat dick cuz I be balla balla) where I just rap like wacka and OJ and so on. It's just so amusing to write dumb lyrics.

Catch me in da strip club, bitch im throwin' pennies
Fuck red lobster, take dat ho to dennys
im hard as fuck yo, ill stab a fuckin baby
fuck being broke, love green like ed begley
sell crack to your grandma, dat ho give good brain
all gums, stick my thumbs up inside her poontang

What's Hip-Hop Gaf's general consensus on Nipsey Hussle? I fucks with him.

I'm lovin' Nipsey Hussle's 'The Marathon' & 'The Marathon Continues' mix-tapes.

...and don't you hate when you turn 'Watch the Throne' on random before you get in the shower and 'ILLEST MUTHAFUCKA ALIVE' is the second track

...fuck you 3 min delay FUCK YOU!

---INTRO---
Rank Kanye's albums - Don't know, but '808' comes in last!
Pick a coast to rep - BIG EAST!
Pick a side in the Biggie/2Pac discussion - Notorious
Make a comparison between Khalifa and something soft - Khalifa & Kush
Decide who you think won the Jay-Z/Nas beef. - NAS, no contest.
Flocka or Royce? ...
What you think of J. Cole? Swag, Dope, Hot, Fire
Who is the best Wu-Tang member? (+optional: Rae vs. Ghost) Ghostface Killah and his many aliases
Can 2pac rap? (Or do Biggie got DAT FLOW?) Pac can rap and Biggie got DAT FLOW!
Rate Lupe on a scale of 1-10 (+ call him a dumbass for Lasers and political views) ZERO! I don't listen to him.
Lil B? Genius or mentally challenged? Mentally Challenged Genius
Pick an era of Eminem: The Marshall Mathers LP
How does Drake write such deep lyrics? Degrassi was an ivy league High School
Is Nas old and dusted with a horrible ear for production? NO!
Joe Budden: Introspective and witty, or annoying emo fetus killing asshole? Joe Budden
Bonus: Answer every one of these questions again once in a while for the remainder of your stay here.
---OUTRO---

IrishNinja

Eazy won that battle...so how am I losing?

wait, how you figure? fuck wit dre day > cowards in compton
wait, shit, that was Luke; i forgot eazy's rebuttal.

kanyewestkanyewestkanyewest something something something, balla balla garbage, kanyewestkanyewestkanyewestkanyewestkanyewest.
Big Sean

joeybuddensguccimaneUGODZILLA

I probably made the same post last thread but fuck it.....

Is anybody feeling BADBADNOTGOOD?

you know i am! but i mostly keep that in the other thread.

This is probably a bad time for me to be a Ye and Dre stan now isn't it.

you at least stan for 2 talented dudes with relevance. poor PD is stuck with what coudlve been with blu & jay elec (okay, i am too if im being honest) but it's much weirder if youre a RZA stan cause you gotta wait on afro samurai games, kung-fu flicks and books. and pretend wu-wednesday throwaway tracks are something you just don't get somehow.

Complex Shadow

Cudi Lame™
At some point I want to record an EP called Ignorant and Drunk (fuck yo mama wit dat dick cuz I be balla balla) where I just rap like wacka and OJ and so on. It's just so amusing to write dumb lyrics.

Catch me in da strip club, bitch im throwin' pennies BURRRRRRRR
Fuck red lobster, take dat ho to dennys BURRRRRRRR
im hard as fuck yo, ill stab a fuckin baby BURRRRRRRRRRRRRRR
fuck being broke, love green like ed begley EA MOTHA FUCKA BURRRRRR
LIGHTNING ICE CREAM CONE BURRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR

there, now your lyrics are gucci approved. go and become a rap star. and rembURRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR

Catch me in da strip club, bitch im throwin' pennies
Fuck red lobster, take dat ho to dennys
im hard as fuck yo, ill stab a fuckin baby
fuck being broke, love green like ed begley
sell crack to your grandma, dat ho give good brain
all gums, stick my thumbs up inside her poontang

That would be an amazing album. Just get Gaf-hop to write the dumbest shit possible and everyone just get ignorant.

siddx

We need to update the intro questions.
we need to add something about top 5 albums
why phoenix is obsessed with pac's dick
which blackace mix is your favorite
what will drop first: jay eletronica's album or detox
is kanye on the down low
why does kamspy hate white rappers
side parts: hip hop or not
worst trend in hip hop
best object to beat nicki minaaj in the face with: brick, shovel, your dick, a sock filled with nickles.
biggest career/manhood/self respect/financial worth killer: Erykah Badu, Kelis, Amber Rose, signing to aftermath
favorite papoose verse....lol
what do we do about soulja boy if he wont go away?
if you had to chose between the following as your cause of death, which would it be and which is the worst: 1. smothered by rick ross's man titties after he ran 3 miles and rubbed pork grease on his nipples 2. forced to listen to lupe talk politics for 96 hours straight until your head caved in 3. followed around for a week by mac miller while he freestyled non stop until your brain dribbled out of your ears 4. strangled to death by a pair of lil wayne's leopard print tights while he repeatedly whispered in your ear with his sexiest voice "young moolah baby" 5. fucked to death by diddy while he screams "take that take that take that" 6. forced to repeatedly listen to kanye west's newest 18 minute song featuring tobey keith, tay zonday, justin bieber, young mc beatboxing, bjork playing the banjo with her feet, and a 5 minute freestyle from nicki minaaj where she makes farm animal noises for half of it 7. crushed between rihanna and tyra bank's giant foreheads 8. forced to go on a date with chris brown where he mistakes you for a window

Recon

Banned
I remember thinking Papoose had some potential back when I was just out of high school. It is funny to me that he did absolutely nothing with that buzz. Now Jay Elec is following the same path. Saigon, Papoose, and Elec should create some hip hop super group and never release their album, just like Child Rebel Soldier.

Wait, nevermind, Papoose did capitalize on his buzz. He married Remy Ma.

Siddx, anyone can write ignorant raps. The thing that sets Gucci and OJ and some other rappers apart are their adlibs.
You think you got what it takes to adlib like them? Come up with a catchy adlib?

Papoose was never anything but a punchline rapper, I wouldn't compare him to Jay Elec or anyone. Dude was always corny as hell with his "lemme list off some items and make it rhyme" shit. I can just imagine him looking up the nervous system in the library and thinking "aw man imma make this hot son." fuckouttahere

siddx

Siddx, anyone can write ignorant raps. The thing that sets Gucci and OJ and some other rappers apart are their adlibs.
You think you got what it takes to adlib like them? Come up with a catchy adlib?

Sure, lemmie just drink some bleach and smash my head against the wall a few times until I am properly fucking retarded and shout out random idiotic things.

Acid08

Banned
We need to update the intro questions.
we need to add something about top 5 albums
why phoenix is obsessed with pac's dick
which blackace mix is your favorite
what will drop first: jay eletronica's album or detox
is kanye on the down low
why does kamspy hate white rappers
side parts: hip hop or not
worst trend in hip hop
best object to beat nicki minaaj in the face with: brick, shovel, your dick, a sock filled with nickles.
biggest career/manhood/self respect/financial worth killer: Erykah Badu, Kelis, Amber Rose, signing to aftermath
favorite papoose verse....lol
what do we do about soulja boy if he wont go away?
if you had to chose between the following as your cause of death, which would it be and which is the worst: 1. smothered by rick ross's man titties after he ran 3 miles and rubbed pork grease on his nipples 2. forced to listen to lupe talk politics for 96 hours straight until your head caved in 3. followed around for a week by mac miller while he freestyled non stop until your brain dribbled out of your ears 4. strangled to death by a pair of lil wayne's leopard print tights while he repeatedly whispered in your ear with his sexiest voice "young moolah baby" 5. fucked to death by diddy while he screams "take that take that take that" 6. forced to repeatedly listen to kanye west's newest 18 minute song featuring tobey keith, tay zonday, justin bieber, young mc beatboxing, bjork playing the banjo with her feet, and a 5 minute freestyle from nicki minaaj where she makes farm animal noises for half of it 7. crushed between rihanna and tyra bank's giant foreheads 8. forced to go on a date with chris brown where he mistakes you for a window

LOL

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom