• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GAF-Hop 2011+ |OT3| Look out for OT4 before Detox (dat sh!t cray)

Status
Not open for further replies.

siddx

Magnificent Eager Mighty Brilliantly Erect Registereduser
I'm tellin ya siddx. It's been my best lead off album since I've been single. Sure I could play whatever crap they listen to, but at least I can bare the Wale. The album has it's uses.

If I think about it, Man on the moon 1 has gotten me the most action. Which is odd.

Tokubetsu

Breakfast is out, listening out. Loving the production so far.

Nobody knows what the fuck you're talking about.

Side note, and not really rap related but for those of you who are fan of indie pop shit, this album is fucking amazing:
http://soundcloud.com/fueled_by_ramen/sets/fun-some-nights/

It's produced by Jeff Bhasker who has helped to produce all of Kanye's albums 808s, and Lana Del Rey's "Born To Die." It's extremely catchy and has very obvious hip-hop influence throughout. You can stream the whole thing at that link. If everything I just wrote is in a foreign language to you, or makes you rage (Siddx) then obviousl don't bother to click the link. "We Are Young" being a major highlight but the whole thing is very catchy and great.

edornob

WTF at all this Wale hate.

Lyrically Wale is better than the entire Wang Golf cast.

Ambition may not be as good as More About Nothing but its the type of album Wale needs for mainstream success. Mainstream success = money.

PBY

Banned

:(

20111220-BREAKFAST.jpeg

Singles:

http://streetdate.radio.com/2012/01/13/chiddy-bang-releases-newest-single-ray-charles/

http://iwontstfu.com/chiddy-bang-premieres-single-mind-manners-full-length-debut-breakfast/

Esch

Banned
WTF at all this Wale hate.

Lyrically Wale is better than the entire Wang Golf cast.

Ambition may not be as good as More About Nothing but its the type of album Wale needs for mainstream success. Mainstream success = money.

Turkey sandwiches might be a little more nutritious than double bacon cheeseburgers but I rarely want a turkey sandwich on the reg, son.

DominoKid

Side note, and not really rap related but for those of you who are fan of indie pop shit, this album is fucking amazing:
http://soundcloud.com/fueled_by_ramen/sets/fun-some-nights/

It's produced by Jeff Bhasker who has helped to produce all of Kanye's albums 808s, and Lana Del Rey's "Born To Die." It's extremely catchy and has very obvious hip-hop influence throughout. You can stream the whole thing at that link. If everything I just wrote is in a foreign language to you, or makes you rage (Siddx) then obviousl don't bother to click the link. "We Are Young" being a major highlight but the whole thing is very catchy and great.

i saw these guys are #3 on Billboard w/ the Janelle Monae song. im horrifically out of touch with what's popular then cause i've never heard of them.

cant say i like them them though now that i'm listening...

but then again im not really that into indie pop anymore.

Tokubetsu

i saw these guys are #3 on Billboard w/ the Janelle Monae song. im horrifically out of touch with what's popular then cause i've never heard of them.

Don't worry, I didn't know they existed until 3 days ago.

nns3d

ehhh they didn't really blow up until that song, you're not really missing that much.

PBY

Banned
"But don't be mad Love,
I know its sad love,
She Jolie, but its Pittiful thats that Brad Love."

GO BUY BREAKFAST FOR EXCEPTIONALLY CORNY LINES LIKE THE ABOVE, BUT BEATS THAT ARE GOOD AS FUCK

"But don't be mad Love,
I know its sad love,

GO BUY BREAKFAST FOR EXCEPTIONALLY CORNY LINES LIKE THE ABOVE, BUT BEATS THAT ARE GOOD AS FUCK

Finally Famous has filled the "Cheesy crap over legit beats" quota for me for a long time.

Tokubetsu

"But don't be mad Love,
I know its sad love,

I listened to both singles you posted. No thank you.

Side note, is there cover art for Cartoons & Cereal by Kendrick?

DominoKid

"But don't be mad Love,
I know its sad love,

y'know i would've thought that was a Wale line if you didnt clarify lol.

Recon

Banned
I swear, Maschine is that shit yo! Just fucked killed a track for my jazz hop album. Shits crazy!!! Its dope as fuck( :p )!!!

K.Jack

Knowledge is power, guard it well
New Golf Wang video, directed by Tyler:
http://youtu.be/fN-xq7t6pKw

I've been telling cats DOMO leveled up, and I got shit for it. Now what?

Dude is spitting fire lately.

"My Tims start feeling like they Nike Airs on me" is one of the greatest line ever written. I say that as someone who has run from the police in boots.

It always cracks me up. The beat he put the Run verse over is sick too.

Macca

Man on the Moon. I can't imagine anyone making an album in a similar style to the way Cudi did with MotM1.

BTH is an absolutely fantastic album, but I'm sure there is something out there that could replace it.

So I've decided Souls of Mischief are the greatest thing ever. I only have their first album and I'm aware of how awesome the song Cab Fare is. Where should I go next for them? Do they have a lot of mixtapes and shit that I need to track down (for stuff like Cab Fare) and Hieroglyphics have their own albums too right?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom