• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GAF-Hop |OT7| Either die the GOAT or live long enough to become Nas.

Status
Not open for further replies.

cacophony

I hope Krit's tape is good cause right now he lookong like pikachu denying the thunderstone. Imma need you to evolve ninja

the stuff he previewed on ustream BANGS. gonna have tons of southern bangers. said he wants this to blow up your speakers

CRS

For me, it works for JB, not KRIT. Just me tho
It's not the typical soulful sample like his previous works (Gotta Stay and Something) but he still uses Wilhelm Scream very nicely. The sample is perfect for how somber the track is.
Willhelm Scream has emotion.
And REM doesn't? Dude is putting his insecurities in those two verses.
Raichu was a G. Fuck Pikachu and those pussies who werent able to take him to the next level.
You would go for the old and slow Pokemon.

the stuff he previewed on ustream BANGS. gonna have tons of southern bangers. said he wants this to blow up your speakers
Getting hyped... And peter, do you even play video games? How did you find this place? Plus, if this makes you feel better about your gafhop company, I am there every Pokemon generation.

CRS

Getting hyped... And peter, do you even play video games? How did you find this place? Plus, if this makes you feel better about your gafhop company, I am there every Pokemon generation.

I gave up after Ruby/Sapphire. Tried getting back into it with Black, and while I enjoyed it at first, it was the final nail in the coffin. They don't hold on to me like the early games did but I mainly attest that to me.

Kastrioti

Persecution Complex
I'm listening to Wolf, and I think its a great album, and I'm a fan of most of OF, but I'm starting to think I'm too old to enjoy these dudes.

Mind you I'm 24 going on 25 but It's kind of hard to explain on GAF.....they're great (Earl and Tyler especially), Tylers production is as good as anyone in the game at this point, but sometimes they seem to angsty for me.

The Letterman performance was great, Tyler killed it, but they have this us against the world mentality as if most of the game/industry hates them when its the opposite.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oHsBtShc6Po

PBY

Banned

lol its weird, my relationship w/ games is very unique I think- I really enjoy listening to the giant bombcast every week, so i pretty much know whats going on, but I pretty much only like sports games. Bioshock Infinite was the first single player game I've played through in like years, prob since like Super Meat Boy or something.

mooooose

i can understand someone enjoying Wolf, but when people say shit about how good the production is.... i just cant
The production on Answer is really great. It'll be in my top 10 songs of 2013.

Jamba is also really good. Cowboy too. Plenty of the album was bad but Tyler's production is overall much better and the mixes are much better (because they had someone outside OF do the mixing unlike Goblin).

mooooose

WOLF is just way too long and has too many bad songs.

Jamba
Cowboy
Domo23
Answer
Colossus (I go back and forth on this song)
Bimmer
IFHY
Pigs
Rusty
Lone

Would have been a fine album. Those are mostly really good songs. It's not an amazing album but it's a good album.

Also the dude is making guap and their hype hasn't faded at all. Sold 90k first week. It won't have legs like Goblin but it'll probably do like 150k long term, and it's all indie money. Between this, his show, and clothing, he is making so much money.

Tokubetsu

Wait Killer Mike has a song in a DC Universe game? Mike getting that money brehs. Every rapper should now be thinking what can a white underground producer do for them.

tyler's definitely getting better, and some of the beats are solid. Nothing that warrants wading through 60+ minutes of shitty immature colloquialisms though

overcast

I listened to Bastard so much when it came out. Pretty nostalgic. I think it's definitely his best album.

YelloWhite and Bastard are still my favorites out of all OF releases.

How was Bauer?
Great man, he played this hot ass version kf Rich Boy throw some ds. Crowd went crazy. I don't really know him that well outside of that track he did with just blaze and Harlem Shake but what he played easily destroyed those. Although I don't like Harlem shake much anyway.

But yeah Danny really killed it seriously. Dude performs his shit exactly how it sounds. Lol at crowd doing his adlib.

mooooose

Tyler used to post on Hypebeast and posted Bastard there first and I heard it back when it came out, I didn't think much of him to be honest until I gave it more listen time later and realized it was actually really good. Tyler was always funny on that site and I had some funny exchanges with him.

Seven, French, Parade, AssMilk, VCR/Wheels, and Inglorious were all really good. Seven is the only one that Tyler hasn't topped since then and aged well.

Lyrically Tyler was 100000x better on Bastard. He is so bad now.
I like channel ORANGE but nostalgia,ULTRA is better than it by orders of magnitude.
I agree. Frank is good at doing reinterpretations and I think it helped with his song writing when he didn't have to worry about making a song.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom