• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GAF-Hop |OT7| Either die the GOAT or live long enough to become Nas.

Status
Not open for further replies.

mooooose

I'm still pumped for Madvillainy 2 whenever it comes. At this point, all media ends up coming out at some point. It's just a matter of time.

DOOMSTARKS - Victory Lapz (Madvillain Remix)

Crazy that this song is already 2 years old, but it goes.

Also listening to Yeezus... everyone is comparing it to Death Grips and El-P but it's just so much more cohesive than the work those other two put out, it's way more accessible. I think for that reason it's "better". But I like the works the other two have put out more.

I wonder if Yeezus was straight up influenced by Death Grips/El-P/whoever else and not just what Kanye made because he fell in love with trap.

cdyhybrid

There is no casual browsing of 4chan, you know exactly what you are doing there. And it is disgusting.

Eh, to a certain degree you're right. But not every board is /b/. Most of the specific topic boards (like the fitness board, or the music board, etc.) are tame compared to shitholes like /b/ and /v/, but weird stuff occasionally spills over.

EloquentM

aka Mannny
So these are my impressions on yeezus:

The yeezus album is so polarizing. I feel like this was done on purpose or inline with his expectations of the album given its fuck everything theme. MBDTF was an album made for the people, the critics, and the awards. ironically, it delved into the deepest recesses of his public and personal being. Yeezus is a personal affair as well, although this time it's a no bars held album made really for himself. It's selfish, simple, dark, brash, and a statement that in this point of his life Kanye is going to do whatever he wants to do for him. Its a story no one wants to hear and to me that makes it much more sincere than Dark fantasy. This album is pure energy and emotion. 808s 2.0 is an apt description and that album was even more minimalist than this one. Its may not be coincidence that I am A God and amazing are both the third tracks on these albums. It makes sense when you think about it. Hip-hop heads aren't going to like it. Most fans aren't going to like it. The lyrics are simple and vulgar but they get your attention. They sound like some shit I would say to my friends to be funny. I believe Kanye is very aware of this. If the last few lines of bound 2 are anything to go by, he knows he has a part to play and he plays it well.

Recon

Banned
I love how some of you get so pissy when someone mentions they liked Born Sinner. "OMG HOW CAN YOU LIKE BORN SINNER????? COLE IS BORING!!!!!!!!!!"

Jitters

Here is the tracklist and album cover for ESGN

I don't remember this being posted.

01. Lil’ Sodi
02. The Real G Money
03. Came Up
04. Hundred Thousand (feat. G-Wiz & Hit “Skrewface”)
05. D.O.A. (feat. G-Wiz & Big Kill)
06. Lay It Down
07. I Seen a Man Die (feat. Lil Sodi)
08. Have U Seen Her (feat. Hit “Skrewface”)
09. One Eighty Seven (feat. Problem)
10. Eastside Moonwalker
11. F.A.M.E. (feat. Daz Dillinger & Spice 1)
12. Paper (feat. Y.B.)
13. The Color Purple
14. Certified Live (feat. G-Wiz & Jay Rock)
15. Ten Packs Of Backwoods (feat. D-Edge)
16. Dope In My Styrofoam (feat. G-Wiz & G.I. Fleezy)
17. 9Mm (feat. G.I. Fleezy & G-Wiz)
18. Lose Control (feat. BJ The Chicago Kid)
19. Freddie Soprano
20. Murda Dem (feat. G.I. Fleezy & Big Kill)

BS is so fucking boring. WMWTSO is not. Wtf rasta?

Jay Electronica had the best verse of the whole album, plus he couldn't hold his own on any of the features only kept 7 songs Red Dot Music, Supplex with Duplex, Gees, Watching Movies, OK and Claymation. Born Sinner is kinda like Take Care in terms of setting a good mood which I really liked it could of used a couple more up-tempo songs but i still like it for its cohesiveness.

EloquentM

aka Mannny
Jay Electronica had the best verse of the whole album, plus he couldn't hold his own on any of the features only kept 7 songs Red Dot Music, Supplex with Duplex, Gees, Watching Movies, OK and Claymation.
You expected jay e to have the worst line on the album? I think he held himself well for the most part all things concerned.

CRS

For the love of god someone must know how to work foobar better than me.

halp.
Is there anything in the view options? Can't really help you since I've been using a theme. Are you prone to installing a theme for Foobar? I've been using DarkOne since I started using Foobar and has worked perfectly for me.

iavi

Yeezus isn't that good. It took me a second and a few listens to gather my self on it, but it's just not that good. I find some standout tracks that'll catch plays for years like I'm in it--which almost gives the album a few points itself--Blood on the leaves, and Guilt Trip, but the rest is just nonsense. A few highs. Many lows. No middle ground.

Nah Yeezuz is great. I've listened to it like 3 times daily since it leaked. Probably more now that I think about it. The anger is great and something I wanted out of Kanye and his 808's moments are much more focused than anything on that album. I'm about to do a run through Kanye's discog and see where I rank it.

Tokubetsu

We out here, eating today. New Deniro.

iMFosyJ7X0Aan.gif

Rumored Sales: Kanye West 325-350k J. Cole 225-250k Mac Miller 80-85k. #June18

Easy Mac w/ the Cheesy Raps lost so many "fans"

But he gained me so it works out.

Trey

Why would you hesitate to a buy a game that's been heralded as the Citizen Kane of the current gen, I wish I had a PS3 you fucking heathens.

...Anyway, this Illfightyou lives up to its name, makes me wanna put grizzlies in arm bars.

The single dumbest phrase in gaming.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom