• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GAF-Hop |OT7| Either die the GOAT or live long enough to become Nas.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Esch

Banned
Escaflowne OST is fantastic. Yoko Kanno crushed the buildings w/that.

Ghost Dog is an incredible movie, and I love that scene too.

IrishNinja

Haha yea. Irish is pretty lowkey on here but im pretty sure you could out nerd most of gaf-hop on a bad day. Irish probably knows the Escaflowne theme song and shit.

aw see...this is why only spin-chan understands my gaijin plight

Escaflowne OST is fantastic. Yoko Kanno crushed the buildings w/that.

Ghost Dog is an incredible movie, and I love that scene too.

fuckin' thank you, any kanno OST is a great OST
also i really should revisit Ghost Dog, watching that clip was better than i remember

Tokubetsu

Man, that new Gibbs.

All the leaks from ESGN has been great.

I'm kinda pre-destined to liking ESGN because he went and named it "Evil Seeds Grow Naturally" and that appeals to the cult in my heart.

ohhh shit yea that was a good one.

TBH the whole Movie and Show OSTs were so goddamned good.

you cant start a movie off with this and have it not slay

edit: damn Yoko Kanno might be the goat anime ost composer

Definitely. Only people that ever comes close are the dudes who got one off big hits like the GiTs and Akira scores. Forgot who did them (different people). Sheer consistency and body of work? Kanno easy. She was on a hot streak for basically twenty ish years. Mid 90s to late 00s.

Kenji Kawai did GitS movie and Kanno did the tv show but yeah those two are definitely up there.

I really like Kawai work with Morbito and he did Ipman as well

iavi

I'm kinda pre-destined to liking ESGN because he went and named it "Evil Seeds Grow Naturally" and that appeals to the cult in my heart.

Definitely. Only people that ever comes close are the dudes who got one off big hits like the GiTs and Akira scores. Forgot who did them (different people). Sheer consistency and body of work? Kanno easy. She was on a hot streak for basically twenty ish years. Mid 90s to late 00s.

That Darker than Black OST. Ahhh so good

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SQa8j9jiYTg

Even her shit for Macross Frontier went hard, as pop orientated as it was

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0qWnDqeXMhA

Gaf-hop's gone full kawaii desu ne here

iavi

I wonder if Drake feels a little something special inside when he sees Kyle; Like a father seeing his baby son trip everywhere while trying to take his first steps.

Zeus Molecules

illegal immigrants are stealing our air

57999-Thermal-Fart.gif

Best description ever of my feeling for an wack rapper....

Today is finally the day.

June 18th.

The day we've all been waiting for.

No promo. No radio interviews. No commercials. Just great music.

The Patriarch 2 comin'.

Listened to quite a few songs, gotta go into work now. I enjoyed it though you were doing some random track by track transitions. Haha, I heard you tried playing new slaves in the middle of numbers in the board. Actually sounded good when you did that

Thanks man. And yea i woke up late so i was a little shell shocked and since i was late i had to cut my set short so i was just winging tracks and transitions. Lol

I actually messed up on the part u were talking about. I literally was like "oh shit....... Well that didnt sound to bad" lol

codhand

I love Ghost Dog. Best Film and Soundtrack. After Jim Jarmusch did a soundtrack with Rza, Quentin Tarantino had to do the same.

Blame it on the Stones Throw fanbase for singlehandedly keeping dude alive by buying whatever poop they can from the level. Doom could actually poop in cans with masks hologrammed on the sides and people would still order them direct for 25.00.

At some point SOMEONE needs to just say no. No advances, no nothing until he releases a decent new project; not a fan of JJ DOOM but at least it was new material...everything else has been repackages of old shit. Enough is enough.

He must be eating good given how much music he's sitting on. And I'm surprised Stones Throw seems to be doing well to a point where they don't seem to care about another Madvillainy

thabiz

DOOM can fuck off at this point. its beyond a joke. when the promoter ID's you to prove your identity before anyone is allowed on stage, you know something is fucked up.

HiResDes

ILLFIGHTYOU - Self-Titled

ILLFIGHTYOU is Tacoma’s EvergreenOne, and UglyFrank and Khris P of Sandlot. One part horrorcore, one part balls-trippin’ drug rap, and one part janky stand-up comedy. On their self-titled debut album (out today) the crew pulls out its impressively-girthed id and smacks you across the face with it. (I think that’s a compliment.)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=i5aCRLEo-ac

...Up early listening to Patriarch II too, eatin'

Matugi

I've listened to XXX so many times but I'm still so conflicted on it. There are some great songs (Radio Song, Outer Space, Lie4, XXX, Bruiser Brigade, Monopoly), but some of the songs really don't jive with me, Die Like a Rockstar being the most notable example.

I've listened to XXX so many times but I'm still so conflicted on it. There are some great songs (Radio Song, Outer Space, Lie4, XXX, Bruiser Brigade, Monopoly), but some of the songs really don't jive with me, Die Like a Rockstar being the most notable example.

the fuck?

I'm late, but it has to be repeated (I will assume it's been mentioned), the beat selection on Curren$y/Whiz - Live in Concert EP is smooth as all fuck.

Flutes in hip-hop are underrated.

thabiz

loving last of us. just passed the
graveyard
last night. atmosphere is great. framerate can shit the bed now and again, but overall its a solid presentation.

Grzi

That new Gibbs, Jesus Christ it's so dope.
It made stop listening to Yeezus, the track's been on repeat for the past hour or so.

Not sure if I want the Last of Us full price. I don't have Internet to enjoy the Multiplayer and could probably just wait until my friend gets it and borrow it. Then again I wouldn't mind re buying Uncharted 2 full price That game actually had some replayability.

HiResDes

Why would you hesitate to a buy a game that's been heralded as the Citizen Kane of the current gen, I wish I had a PS3 you fucking heathens.

...Anyway, this Illfightyou lives up to its name, makes me wanna put grizzlies in arm bars.

kamspy

I just ripped Yeezus to foobar.

Even after tagging it all with track numbers and shit it wants to load the songs alphabetically when I load Yeezus into the playlist. I have to click the track number column to get the songs straightened out.

How do I make it load by the track order?

codhand

At some point SOMEONE needs to just say no. No advances, no nothing until he releases a decent new project; not a fan of JJ DOOM but at least it was new material...everything else has been repackages of old shit. Enough is enough.

He must be eating good given how much music he's sitting on. And I'm surprised Stones Throw seems to be doing well to a point where they don't seem to care about another Madvillainy

You love hating on dude's lack of recent output, but he was one of the most prolific underground rappers of the early 21st century. I'm happy he is still making music, and still making records that are intelligent and thoughtful. Sure he could be more productive now, but he is mad old (42). KMDs first album was 1991 for some prospective. That's about two years prior to Wu-tang and 1-year prior to Chronic, and additionally probably predates a lot you sperms born day.

In short be happy you were blessed with his presence in the game and realize he gave us more than we deserve.[/stan]

also, the Stone's Throws vinyl re-release of Doomsday is amazing packaging and remastering, hardly the admittedly hilarious depiction of "poop in cans".

EDIT
I don't really want another Madvillainy, of course it's top ten all-time for me, but it's Madlib who i think has fallen further from 2006 than Doom, not that Madlib's bad, just that he sorta went the autuer route, instead of the make-straight-bangers route. See Kankick and Doom, I'd be more interested.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom