• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GAF-Hop |OT8| Let Blackace Down

Status
Not open for further replies.

DominoKid

The biggest WTF about that Hall of Fame pic is GKMC's yung ass being in there. Are we not even waiting a whole year before GOATing shit now?

lol i didnt even notice that. i thought that grid was a holdover from a few OTs ago.

but yeah GKMC is GOATed now. not just here either. so is MBDTF even though folks are divided on it here.

CRS

The entire picture is suspect. Two OutKast albums in Top 5 is the most WTF. MBDTF and CuDi there are weird too.
Though MBDTF deserves to be there, I don't think it should
OutKast is WTF? Check yourself Enzo.

CuDi being there is because most of GAF-Hop is in their young 20s and siddx.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
OutKast is WTF? Check yourself Enzo.

CuDi being there is because most of GAF-Hop is in their young 20s and siddx.
I fucks with OutKast, maybe not as heavily as other regulars, but it's more Top 15-25 stuff for me.

And yeah that's pretty much the exact reason CuDi is up there, and GKMC.

damn...lol he is going in on you
I fucks with OutKast, maybe not as heavily as other regulars, but it's more Top 15-25 stuff for me.

To be fair, I honestly don't believe anyone voted for both Outkast albums lol.

Jitters

This isn't some definitive list we made. People listed their personal top 10s not albums we believe everyone should listen to(We actually had one of these lists at some point).

Oh. I didn't realize they were connected. Sorry, not bashing anyone.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
We shouldn't do another list for a while. Or at least we should do it when hip-hop is at a very slow point and there is no imminent hype biasing it all.

Jitters

in a list voted on by a large group for recommendations? no i'm not surprised they didn't make it.

now a De La album (or a few other artists) not making it is a far bigger omission.

Well, I thought it was a list for newcomers to get recommendations, and saw Cudi and Lupe and thought it was crazy they would be on and not PE and Bey. I agree with about De La as well.

I didn't know it was personal favorites, people can like what they like. I didn't mean to sound like a dick.

wenis

Registered for GAF on September 11, 2001.
We shouldn't do another list for a while. Or at least we should do it when hip-hop is at a very slow point and there is no imminent hype biasing it all.

nah, how about a new list every year so we can all fit our AOTY into those GOAT lists.

DominoKid

Well, I thought it was a list for newcomers to get recommendations, and saw Cudi and Lupe and thought it was crazy they would be on and not PE and Bey. I agree with about De La as well.

I didn't know it was personal favorites, people can like what they like. I didn't mean to sound like a dick.

and honestly i wouldnt recommend PE to a newcomer anyway.

I've posted in here a lot before but never done the initiation post

Musical Taste:

Pick a coast to rep - Dirty South
Favorite Artist - Outkast
Best feature killer - Andre 3000
Favourite producer - Too many to choose
Favourite album - Enter the 36 Chambers
What's in your playlist right now? - Acid Rap, Yeezus, King Remembered in Time

GAF-Hop Discusses:

Rank Kanye's albums: Late Registration,The College Dropout,Graduation,MBDTF,Yeezus, 808's&Heartbreak
Who is the best Wu-Tang member? RZA
Optional: Raekwon or Ghostface? Ghostface
Is Illmatic > Nas' whole life? yes
Who won? Jay-Z or Nas? Jay-Z
Biggie or Pac? Pac
Lil B? Is he a genius or mentally challenged? Idiot savant
How do you feel about Macklemore? He's aight

HiResDes

Real talk Patriarch II is nice, but I need at least three really hype tracks on it to balance it out.

So far I think

Destiny Altered > Patriarch > Cliff of Death > Patriarch II > Kill or Be Killed (Only cuz the collabo doesn't really mesh)

I also don't hate Drunk & Hot Girls. Barry Bonds is awful though.

Barry Bonds is hotter than all those tracks he named.

Real talk Patriarch II is nice, but I need at least three really hype tracks on it to balance it out.

So far I think

Destiny Altered > Patriarch > Cliff of Death > Patriarch II > Kill or Be Killed (Only cuz the collabo doesn't really mesh)

Barry Bonds is hotter than all those tracks he named.

Nah. Barry Bonds is hot garbage.

HiResDes

I don't even really care about anything on Graduation so I don't know why I got involved. That album doesn't even exist for me.

I won't lie I think one reason why I like Destiny Altered so much is because how fucking RAW it is. I mean in terms of everything the rawness of it just has a peculiar charm. The quality of the tracks aren't bad enough for me to just bleeding out my ears and they aren't really studio album quality.

HiResDes

I won't lie I think one reason why I like Destiny Altered so much is because how fucking RAW it is. I mean in terms of everything the rawness of it just has a peculiar charm. The quality of the tracks aren't bad enough for me to just bleeding out my ears and they aren't really studio album quality.

I think Patriach 1 might end up being my absolute favorite.

I don't know which is my favorite from him yet honestly because like i said last thread. I really didn't give Cliff of Death love, I barely played it, but I've been listening to it a lot lately and man them beats are good and I just can't stop talking about how Pain on there is such a great song.

Blackace

if you see me in a fight with a bear, don't help me fool, help the bear!

ATLiens is easily a top 5 album
Easily

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom