• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GAF-Hop |OT8| Let Blackace Down

Status
Not open for further replies.

iavi

Looks like a few mixes are going to be on that KavinskyXAbel release.

K8WnBwz.jpg

I can't even begin to say how curious this has me, not even hyped--Curious. Kavinsky's more miss than hit with me, and is the weaker of the 80s noir electro acts, imo, but this... I don't even know. This feels like magic waiting to happen.

HiResDes

ILLFIGHTYOU - Self-Titled

ILLFIGHTYOU is Tacoma’s EvergreenOne, and UglyFrank and Khris P of Sandlot. One part horrorcore, one part balls-trippin’ drug rap, and one part janky stand-up comedy. On their self-titled debut album (out today) the crew pulls out its impressively-girthed id and smacks you across the face with it. (I think that’s a compliment.)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=i5aCRLEo-ac
'

Gonna repost this, if you like aggressive raps with the soul of Sean Price and rap style of R.A. The Rugged Man check this out.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
Who is Kavinsky? And is his name intentionally supposed to channel Kandinsky? Because that has me interested.

iavi

He makes that Knight Rider-esque 80's synthwave, you know the music of Drive, he's aight but a little too one-note for my tastes.

Yeah, that's how I feel about him too. I wanted to love Outrun, it's inspired by my favorite game ever, but that album was just so damn boring.

DominoKid

Looks like a few mixes are going to be on that KavinskyXAbel release.

K8WnBwz.jpg

I can't even begin to say how curious this has me, not even hyped--Curious. Kavinsky's more miss than hit with me, and is the weaker of the 80s noir electro acts, imo, but this... I don't even know. This feels like magic waiting to happen.

that Surkin remix is going to be EVERYTHING.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
He makes that Knight Rider-esque 80's synthwave, you know the music of Drive, he's aight but a little too one-note for my tastes.
Sort-of want. What should I check out from him?

@ElliottWilson

Rumored Sales: Kanye West 325-350k J. Cole 225-250k Mac Miller 80-85k.
First day projections? I saw these posted earlier in the old thread.

I thought Ye doing 350k was only what Hits Daily Double's editor thought it was gonna do and people ran with it. Though that seems right in the range of what I'd expect.

WanderingWind

Mecklemore Is My Favorite Wrapper
Oh, new thread. Super.

I saw a guy who looked like Mac Miller picking up all the copies of Born Sinner at my Target near work. Not sure what's going on

overcast

Since it's a new thread. What are your guys favorite rap albums of the year? Mine would go something like.

Yeezus
Acid Rap
Watching Movies
Patriarch

MThanded

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
So I usually stick with low budget but quality audio delivering devices.

I have hd 302s and I usually rock cx200s(i have 5 pairs on deck and they are the only buds ive owned that dont get shorts really quickly) for my walking around and gym time.

I'm looking to invest in a pair of earphones for home listening sessions. How much do I need to spend to see a noticeable difference over the 302s. I have heard for the price they are surprisingly decent.

siddx

Magnificent Eager Mighty Brilliantly Erect Registereduser
New OT fuck yeah. Maybe I can get my ass back in here more often. Jut been so busy this year.
Born sinner got boring quick. Yeezus is a fucking mess and embarrassment of an album. And I still don't see why people love deniro so much.
Save us schoolboy.

Has anyone heard of the falcons? I heard their shoulder lean remix the other day and thought it was fucking amazing and was wondering if anyone knew more about em.

http://youtu.be/-hGkNFh0A10

With my laptop out of commission I can't research music for shit at the moment.

DominoKid

Since it's a new thread. What are your guys favorite rap albums of the year? Mine would go something like.

Yeezus
Acid Rap
Watching Movies
Patriarch

just albums?

Yeezus (just rose again)
Trap House 3
LongLiveASAP

i've liked more non-rap stuff this year.

Jitters

Yeezus
Acid Rap
Watching Movies
Patriarch

Yeezus
Legends Never Die
Alice in Thunderdome
Yessir Whatever
Acid Rap
Midcity
Hokey Fright

Good stuff.

E: You know what, throw ASAP and Wolf in there too.

iavi

just albums?

Yeezus (just rose again)
Trap House 3
LongLiveASAP

i've liked more non-rap stuff this year.

Yeah, it hasn't been a hip-hop year for me, so far. LongLiveAsap's shown to survive the time, with it still in rotation, but nothing else.

Save us schoolboy.

Oxymoron's going to save us. fucking certain. I'm a strong 2/2 from that LP already.

*I'm not on Old's train. Nothing I've heard from it is anywhere near as strong as the stuff off of XXX

overcast

Yeah, it hasn't been a hip-hop year for me, so far. LongLiveAsap's shown to survive the time, with it still in rotation, but nothing else.
Really? That album was played pretty heavy earlier in the year, but I stopped listening to it now. Aside from 1Train. It's a good 7/10, but not as good as LiveLove.

Agree that I've been looking to other genres this year.

HiResDes

So I usually stick with low budget but quality audio delivering devices.

I have hd 302s and I usually rock cx200s(i have 5 pairs on deck and they are the only buds ive owned that dont get shorts really quickly) for my walking around and gym time.

I'm looking to invest in a pair of earphones for home listening sessions. How much do I need to spend to see a noticeable difference over the 302s. I have heard for the price they are surprisingly decent.

Do you want headphones or earphones?

MThanded

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
Do you want headphones or earphones?
My nomenclature may be wrong. I consider anything over ear headphones or earphones and in ears earbuds.

I want something over ear not in ear. Is there some other distinction?

iavi

Really? That album was played pretty heavy earlier in the year, but I stopped listening to it now. Aside from 1Train. It's a good 7/10, but not as good as LiveLove.

Agree that I've been looking to other genres this year.

Yeah, LLA was an album that just struck me as fun as all hell from the get go. That's no real critical metric, but I find that those are the albums that stick with me.

siddx

Magnificent Eager Mighty Brilliantly Erect Registereduser
I haven't found an album that stuck around this year. I enjoyed a lot of albums but after a week I got bored of them. ASAP, krit, cole, rittz, half of cudi, a bunch if random mixtapes. Nothing has had lasting impression.

iavi

I haven't found an album that stuck around this year. I enjoyed a lot of albums but after a week I got bored of them. ASAP, krit, cole, rittz, half of cudi, a bunch if random mixtapes. Nothing has had lasting impression.

I'm kind of disappointed how quickly this happen to Exquire's Kismet for me. It was a solid release, very solid actually, but too sleapy for longevity, for me. Exquire's hype as fuck over faster beats too, so a release that like didn't make any damn sense.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom