• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GAF-Hop |OT9/9/99| African Substitute Teachers Run NY

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zeus Molecules

illegal immigrants are stealing our air
bruhs this Lox remix of pound cake has me hot and bothered right now. It could be the beers I had today....

shit its likely the beers....

but That beat is so crazy and drake and Jay didn't do shit worth a damn on it. The lox came and did their normal Lox shit hood life shit and that track sounds amazing.....

Also I am going to call it. Between that guest verse on a Drake album and MCHG lackluster showing. Jay's status as the Larry Holmes of rap (aka flabby and sick) is becoming concrete in my eyes....

IrishNinja

^how many albums these days are truly cohesive? i see shit like bonus DLC; you can keep at it after the credits or just stop if you want, the option itself isn't a negative to me

also damn OT GAF treats cheaters as worse than murders sometimes

double edit where you been zeus, shit was concrete like 5 years back, its pretty much vibranium now

Esch

Banned
Jay's status as the Larry Holmes of rap (aka flabby and sick) is becoming concrete in my eyes....

He'll have to get in line behind T.I., Wayne, Bun, DMX, and just about pretty much every other rapper that was good in the 00s and 90s. It's just that Jay is still relevant, so his
jbuuWDpzXe7DC7.png
shows more than anyone else's except Wayne's right now.

mooooose

drake is a herb thats so lame hes so mad about control

kendrick can dap because hes the god. he called you out. you dont have to dap the god and you can battle. but hes humble and loves you anyway. thats what a god does.

Zeus Molecules

double edit where you been zeus, shit was concrete like 5 years back, its pretty much vibranium now

He'll have to get in line behind T.I., Wayne, Bun, DMX, and just about pretty much every other rapper that was good in the 00s and 90s. It's just that Jay is still relevant, so his
jbuuWDpzXe7DC7.png

your both right but still its like watching a old great player getting his ankle broken by a overhyped role player.... shit is painful to watch. Especially when other guys from his era have been able to keep their shit together. Also Bun B is still nice in my opinion.

Esch

Banned
its nice to see GAFHOP go from hating on drake, to giving him dap, to doing him Brutus in the last couple weeks
your both right but still its like watching a old great player getting his ankle broken by a overhyped role player.... shit is painful to watch. Especially when other guys from his era have been able to keep their shit together. Also Bun B is still nice in my opinion.

The only one who can is Nas, and he took 10 years off to make shytty albums. Ghost too, to an extent, but he aint making anything memorable.

Bun is not nice anymore to me, and I used to be a stan.

IrishNinja

LOL@Drake commenting on someone being real.

real ninja whats up
there's a universal rule here: the more you talk bout how real you are, its like your dick size...no one beleives you

jbuuWDpzXe7DC7.png

Ghost, Mef, Busta, Nas...there's exceptions tho
did Bun fall off that bad for real? havent heard dude in a minute

its nice to see GAFHOP go from hating on drake, to giving him dap, to doing him Brutus in the last couple weeks

this is the only gaf-hop cycle i subscribe to

ps guys have you heard this yet, its good

Cudder

Drakes a smart guy, how is he the only rapper that Kendrick mentioned that didn't get what Kendrick actually said? Why is he acting all butt hurt and taking it like a diss?

Esch

Banned
Drakes a smart guy, how is he the only rapper that Kendrick mentioned that didn't get what Kendrick actually said? Why is he acting all butt hurt and taking it like a diss?
be surprised at an artist whose subject matter is bipolar self aggrandizing and self loathing catching feelings, brehs

He was alright on that, but i remember some shit from 2011 to now sounding terrible

dangeroo kipawaa TDE ✔ @dangerookipawaa

2day was ruff....I will leak that @ScHoolBoyQ record 2mor...#TDE
11:50 PM - 24 Sep 2013

I really want to hear Break Da Bank or Man of the year..

I also just want the album

overcast

If I'm using the Esch scale on NWTS I have it at 10/13. Reason I don't believe in that though is cause some songs barely make the "good" cut. I dropped the album to a 7.5 or so personally. Still like it more than Take Care.

As for bonus tracks. When I burn an album and put it in my car for example, I'll exclude them. I pretty much don't consider them part of the album that was put together. I'll listen to them separately.

IrishNinja

you know as a shorty
playin inna front yard of the crib, i fell down and bumped my head

somebody helped me up and axed me if i bumped my head and i said "yeah"
he said "oh, so that mean you gon...you gon switch it on em"
and i said "yeah, flipmode...flipmode is the greatest"

Esch

Banned
Oh yeah hahaha forgot to laugh about q dropping the ball

Tsk tsk, maybe he should put the blunts and doritos down and live up to yalls expectations for once

Zeus Molecules

I thought his verse on Grippin' on the Wood was nice.

His stuff with Krit in general is usually alright

Thats basically what I've heard from him. Pretty good stuff for Krit such as his verse on "Shine" also I liked his stuff for Killer Mike RAP Music as well last year. As for old rapper still being nice. Don't get me wrong I rarely expect the lyrical rappers to stay in top form. But At least have enough in the tank to not stink up a feature.

Also some of those younger guys who were mentioned as falling off from the 00's. I blame their decline on time in Jail. If I was a stats guy I would make a infographic showing all the rappers whose lyrics/flow was destroyed by going to jail. I am convinced that place kills their spirit once they go there after had lived as a celebrity rapper.

Blackace

if you see me in a fight with a bear, don't help me fool, help the bear!
Meek Mill and MMG/Bad Boy didn't seem to like it too much

IrishNinja

local college radio station's playlist during the hip hop set:

1. Joey Bada$$ - Waves
2. People Under the Stairs - The Joyride
3. Danger Doom - Old School Ft. Talib Kweli
4. Action Bronson - Jar of Drugs
5. Evidence - It Wasn't Me
6. Sene - Backboards Ft. Blu
7. Eric B & Rakim - Don't Sweat the Technique
8. Aesop Rock - ZZZ Top
9. Hopsin - Ill Mind of Hopsin 4
10. Tonedeff - Champions
11. Celph Titled - Madd Ammo Ft. F.T. & R.A. the Rugged Man
12. Chino XL - Afraid of Nothing Ft. Somaya
13. R.A. the Rugged Man - Make You Famous Ft. Block McCloud
14. Action Bronson - Shiraz
15. Evidence - The Red Carpet Ft. Raekwon & Ras Kass
16. Trek Life - Rhyme Harder
17. Joey Bada$$ - Word is Bond
18. Eyedea & Abilities - Music Music
19. Chali 2na - Across the Map Ft. J Live
20. Gang Starr - Skills
21.Mos Def - Mathematics
22. Deltron 3030 - Virus
23. Ras Kass - Goldyn Chyld
24. Gang Starr - You Know My Steez
25. KRS-One - MC's Act Like They Don't Know
26. Joey Bada$$ - Killuminati Ft. Capital STEEZ

fun stuff, but a lotta joey this week i thought

EloquentM

aka Mannny
drake is a herb thats so lame hes so mad about control

kendrick can dap because hes the god. he called you out. you dont have to dap the god and you can battle. but hes humble and loves you anyway. thats what a god does.
Kendrick is anything but humble right now. Damn y'all ride him like a dark raspy-unhinged tricycle.

IrishNinja

^26 tracks and we bof knew you couldn't resist maccadonnas

sure King Kendrick's eatin now

but what happens when Schoolboy Q finally drops this shit? what happens when Jay or Ab finally release something? how he gonna stay relevant then, gotta wonder if he's losin sleep

Esch

Banned
You gotta be crazy to like that piece of shit hof over nwts

Really. Makes me somehow miss finally famous
Nah NWTS just sucks. If it was recorded by Big Sean and hof came out from Drake people would just switch their opinions.There really isnt a big creative gulf between the two. Everything about NWTS is middling. Id argue with/treat you more seriously, but you're a Canadian and think Control System and HnC are better than GKMC.

IrishNinja

also again i expect drake to croon and sing/rap (i see where you dont like that delivery tho) over some nice beats, Sean i actually expect to rhyme and he's bum tier for that...typa dude just makes me go look for the instrumental. its all about expectations

Esch

Banned
also again i expect drake to croon and sing/rap (i see where you dont like that delivery tho) over some nice beats, Sean i actually expect to rhyme and he's bum tier for that...typa dude just makes me go look for the instrumental. its all about expectations
No, you just don't like Big Sean so you set arbitrarily high standards for him on the mic. Anyone whos heard his mixtape work and freestyles knows he can rap. But, youre not alone. Everyone is guilty of this to a degree so I forgive you.

DominoKid

Nah NWTS just sucks. If it was recorded by Big Sean and hof came out from Drake people would just switch their opinions.There really isnt a big creative gulf between the two. Everything about NWTS is middling. Id argue with/treat you more seriously, but you're a Canadian and think Control System and HnC are better than GKMC.

there might not be a gulf in creativity between the two (i disagree but w/e), but their execution and vocals (hi 10 2 10) are miles apart.

IrishNinja

No, you just don't like Big Sean so you set arbitrarily high standards for him on the mic. Anyone whos heard his mixtape work and freestyles knows he can rap. But, youre not alone. Everyone is guilty of this to a degree so I forgive you.

ive yet to not hear dude disappoint, and that's by some low standards to be honest
go on & link a track from said mixtape/freestyle work, somethin you think shows what he's capable of. i'll legit try to hear it & not the assplate sean im used to

also you gotta appreciate the irony here when you/others talk about drizzy albums too

Esch

Banned
there might not be a gulf in creativity between the two (i disagree but w/e), but their execution and vocals (hi 10 2 10) are miles apart.
I havent heard Take Care but ill agree that Drake is better at putting a song together. In terms of vocals; tossup. They are both rasal rapping cornballs. I think Sean has a better flow when he wants to though. Im saying that Drakes subject matter is so rolleye worthy that it retroactively often tanks his best qualities; hook crafting and riding a melody. Either way were arguing bad album vs bad album, so its splitting hairs to me at this point.

overcast

Oh yeah hahaha forgot to laugh about q dropping the ball

Tsk tsk, maybe he should put the blunts and doritos down and live up to yalls expectations for once
Q isn't the one holding the album back. He'll live up to expectations when Oxy comes out, and is crowned AOTY 2013/14.

Recon

Banned
Im not gonna argue about whether or not Drakes album is good( for what it is worth, I do like it), but its becoming very apparent that Drake wishes he was the weeknd. Like, I think inside Drake really just wants to be that RnB dude, but he knows he cant. So he makes the most simpin ass shit ever to make up for it. Why am I saying this? I dont know, I'm smoking to NWTS right now and it just hit me.

Esch

Banned
ive yet to not hear dude disappoint, and that's by some low standards to be honest
go on & link a track from said mixtape/freestyle work, somethin you think shows what he's capable of. i'll legit try to hear it & not the assplate sean im used to

also you gotta appreciate the irony here when you/others talk about drizzy albums too
No irony, early drizzy is what put me off. Anyway, mixtape sean was still punchline rap but there was a reason dudes like me and Des gave him the time, he had talent. Also, i'm not saying drake can't rap..

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FRQJy4W9fiI
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7iqUBSFXSMY
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T640hstNGaU
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HsydkhfSpmk
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4YdgmLh_G20
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=skq8IH6baMM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F-nnEozuxxc

He just needed a role model and a the right direction. A lot of dudes, including drake, bit big sean hard.

Recon

Banned
No irony, early drizzy is what put me off. Anyway, mixtape sean was still punchline rap but there was a reason dudes like me and Des gave him the time, he had talent. Also, i'm not saying drake can't rap..

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FRQJy4W9fiI
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7iqUBSFXSMY
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HsydkhfSpmk
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4YdgmLh_G20
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=skq8IH6baMM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F-nnEozuxxc

He just needed a role model and a the right direction

I dont know if you posted it, but Smoke 'N Drive is probably my favorite Sean track.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom