• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GAF-Hop |OTXI| Five Year Nation

Status
Not open for further replies.

mooooose

i dont think the kendrick song is that bad and i think the bridge is cool and so is the third verse and content wise its ok but it does feel too much like a pop song and reminds me too much of the interscope machine

illadelph

the Kendrick song is definitely a pop single, but a good one IMO

dude has been releasing almost nothing but rappity-rap verses for a minute, he needed something like this out there. And yeah, the sample is Diddy-esque in how blatant it is, but That Lady is a great song so whatever. I've always fucked with Victory, I'll Be Missing You, and Feel So Good anyways

cory64

the Kendrick song is definitely a pop single, but a good one IMO

dude has been releasing almost nothing but rappity-rap verses for a minute, he needed something like this out there. And yeah, the sample is Diddy-esque in how blatant it is, but That Lady is a great song so whatever. I've always fucked with Victory, I'll Be Missing You, and Feel So Good anyways
What, no Been Around The World? A master class in sampling subtlety tbh

Courage

My man

:banderas:

The flow on that song is really impressive. I can usually rap along to most tracks but I get lost on that one.

Yup, I love the lyrics on it too.

Political thugs in shark suits persuade us to pull triggers
In army boots, yelling "Join the armed forces!"
We lost the Vietnam War, intoxicated poisons
Needles in arms of veterans instead of bigger fortunes
There's still a lot of nigga crawling in the corporate offices
War in the ghetto, we crabs in a barrel, they torture us
They won't be serving the beast too long
The murderers wearing police uniforms, Confederate flags I burn
Beat Street breakers were dancing to the music I chose
And Peachtree, Atlanta crackheads was tooting they nose
In frozen corners of Chicago, loaded up Llamas, children
With fo'-fo's, and double-revolvers
We devil incarnates, headed for jail
Where Shell gas company in South Africa be having us killed
Your paper money was the death of Christ
And all these shorties coming up just resurrect your life
It's like a cycle

WcRDgDn.png

That nostalgic, melancholic piano loop
WcRDgDn.png

Zeus Molecules

illegal immigrants are stealing our air
what are you doing with your life

just heard it for the first time a few months ago

Jeez look if anyone in this thread hasn't listened to the Lost Tapes by Nas and even remotely likes Nas..... Do it right now.

Honestly even if you don't like Nas but just like Rap in general go and listen to it right now.

HiResDes

Yeah that new Keef/Fredo track is actually super hard.

Remember this producer name if you don't already know it: Trapmoneybenny

Snuggles

erotic butter maelstrom
That new Suicideyear EP is so heavenly. I know it leaked forever ago in internet time but I just snagged it off of iTunes and it's really great.

Cheddahz

Banned
For those who give a shit abut Ryan Hemsworth (since I know a good number of you do), he dropped a compilation from his "label" Secret Songs (it's a bunch of PC Music and some other lowkey stuff)

Grzi

The Hustle Gang tape is not that bad actually. It's too long though, so the good songs get lost among the filler, but overall it's decent whip music.
It reminds me of the Ruff Ryders albums in a way, we don't get stuff like that anymore.

IrishNinja

Nice. Lost Tapes is the 3rd best thing Nas has ever released. I wish certain other rappers with great unreleased catalogues would follow suit.

okay dre's the obvious one, but who else you think sits on jewels? cause yeah with dre, he's like the hip hop equivalent of what i understand of prince

Yeah...the gap doesn't always have to be as wide as say, Phonte and Big Pooh or Killa Sin and the rest of Killarmy

...fair

time to get a refund on that class

Prepare for awkward raps over overproduced trap beats.

damn PD don't up & spoil shit like that

cory64

okay dre's the obvious one, but who else you think sits on jewels? cause yeah with dre, he's like the hip hop equivalent of what i understand of prince
Not even Dre could match Prince's unreleased catalog, he basically made entire legendary albums between the legendary albums we got to hear.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom