• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GAF-Hop |OTXI| Five Year Nation

Status
Not open for further replies.

Courage

fuuuu, how bad is it? looks like i'll get 2k15 then instead

Goalies are shit. Defense control like tanks (players like Balotelli can dribble past your whole line as gracefully as Messi, and your players can't catch up).

Plus the shitty graphics. Pro Evo demo is better, but I'm not holding my breath for a Pro Evo game in 2014.

iavi

Cheddaz mentioned PC Music, I was talking about artists on PC music. PC Music is one of the best labels of the year, given you'd be into the idea of experimental uk bass mixed with bubblegum pop

I'm gettin' it now.

Thanks for that link too, I had no idea what this was about. Can see this quickly becoming one of those labels I just listen to every release on, regardless of artist. Like Ninja Tune.

Esch

Banned
okay dre's the obvious one, but who else you think sits on jewels? cause yeah with dre, he's like the hip hop equivalent of what i understand of prince

allow me to stan for a minute

Our lord Padishah Camel Emperor IV . Young guru said that he alone has 4 Jay-Z albums of unreleased material. Now of course concepts, verses, and beats from a lot of these songs end up going to different songs or even artists. But the point is, that's a lot, even for one guy. Think about Blaze, Kanye, Ski, Gotti, Pharrell, Timbo. All of these guys have worked with Jay for years. I find a lot of these tracks interesting because they showcase a lot of the creative space he was in at different points in time. Some of them are a bit more battle rappy or not poppy enough for Jay albums, etc etc. So i'm just gonna share some of the ones i like, and attempt to group them in chronological order (ill no doubt fail)

Pre-RD/doubletime
Whats in a Name
Broken English
Nuthin But Luv ft. Sauce Money
I Can't Get With That
Get Off My Dick ft. Sauce Money
Scratch my Back ft. Jaz and Sauce
Understand Me
Rippin it Up ft. Sauce

Love is Love ft. Sauce
Reach the Top

RD era:
Dead or Alive (Pac diss) ft Sauce
You're Only a Customer
Can't Knock the Hustle (Fools Paradise Remix)

Foundation ft. Jaz and Sauce

Vol/Roc era:
Marcy to Hollywood
People's Court
Bring the Noise/Get Ya Done
The Life I Chose ft.Jaz
For My Thugs
Higher (Hai Hai)
What the Game Made Me ft. Bleek and Sauce
Behind the Ropes ft. Sauce
20 Bag Shorty

Blueprint era:
Early This Morning
Team Rocafella
HOVA
Addicted to the Game
Murda Marcyville
Don't You Know
This Life Forever

Advantage Carter
Rock Star Freestyle

And of course there are more and more and more in the following eras, i'm just too lazy to list more. Bolded my favorites. I omitted the obvious ones like In My Lifetime and the Remix. There's a huge ongoing Jay-Z unreleased library of a Legend KTT project and it's like 16 discs. Just waiting for that shit to drop.

iFAdM7kQfBGnO.gif

Yeah, I've always wondered about Hov's vault.

Especially how he's consciously dumbed down some of his stuff (It's true, not hating), or how some of it was too introspective...

If he were to drop a Lost Tapes vol. 1 it'd be amazing

Esch

Banned
Especially how he's consciously dumbed down some of his stuff (It's true, not hating), or how some of it was too introspective...

Yep, it's a fact. Dude has songs like Dead Presidents 3 unfinished and sitting around lol, meanwhile he threw shit like Sweet on American Gangster.

jb0ktdi1Eq2Jre.png

When the new song drops next week I won't even have to try anymore.

"They pray for the death of our dynasty like Amen"

Toku timeline:

Likes Kendrick when he's unpopular throughout OD/S80.

Gets popular off of his debut album

No longer likes Kendrick because he got too popular

Rince & Repeat with any up and coming artists/older artists

Tokubetsu

"They pray for the death of our dynasty like Amen"

Toku timeline:

Likes Kendrick when he's unpopular throughout OD/S80.

Gets popular off of his debut album

No longer likes Kendrick because he got too popular

Rince & Repeat with any up and coming artists/older artists

Let's not get it twisted. I was never a big Kendrick preacher even in the old days. It's well known fact that I thought Ignorance Is Bliss was the best track he had ever done well after S80 dropped. It's second now to Cartoons & Cereal.

Esch

Banned
Nah, he's right. Lowest key the biggest Kendrick advocate back in the day when section 80 was out was like, HRD. I feel like I remember Tguy talking about him in plug as well. Guys like PD and you probably didnt even hear about him till Section 80 dropped.

Goalies are shit. Defense control like tanks (players like Balotelli can dribble past your whole line as gracefully as Messi, and your players can't catch up).

Plus the shitty graphics. Pro Evo demo is better, but I'm not holding my breath for a Pro Evo game in 2014.

bTBs3JO.png
I almost did it, man. I had that Mexican store Origin FIFA 15 copy queued up. With all the bad impressions i'm happy i didn't pick it up. I hear they got a bunch of teams and players playstyles messed up as you mentioned. I mean, nobody cares if you fuck up designing some J-League team. But you can't fuck up anyone in the big euro leagues, come on.

Tokubetsu

Our lord Padishah Camel Emperor IV . Young guru said that he alone has 4 Jay-Z albums of unreleased material. Now of course concepts, verses, and beats from a lot of these songs end up going to different songs or even artists. But the point is, that's a lot, even for one guy. Think about Blaze, Kanye, Ski, Gotti, Pharrell, Timbo. All of these guys have worked with Jay for years. I find a lot of these tracks interesting because they showcase a lot of the creative space he was in at different points in time. Some of them are a bit more battle rappy or not poppy enough for Jay albums, etc etc. So i'm just gonna share some of the ones i like, and attempt to group them in chronological order (ill no doubt fail)

Pre-RD/doubletime
Whats in a Name
Broken English
Nuthin But Luv ft. Sauce Money
I Can't Get With That
Get Off My Dick ft. Sauce Money
Scratch my Back ft. Jaz and Sauce
Understand Me
Rippin it Up ft. Sauce

Love is Love ft. Sauce
Reach the Top

RD era:
Dead or Alive (Pac diss) ft Sauce
You're Only a Customer
Can't Knock the Hustle (Fools Paradise Remix)

Foundation ft. Jaz and Sauce

Vol/Roc era:
Marcy to Hollywood
People's Court
Bring the Noise/Get Ya Done
The Life I Chose ft.Jaz
For My Thugs
Higher (Hai Hai)
What the Game Made Me ft. Bleek and Sauce
Behind the Ropes ft. Sauce
20 Bag Shorty

Blueprint era:
Early This Morning
Team Rocafella
HOVA
Addicted to the Game
Murda Marcyville
Don't You Know

And of course there are more and more and more in the following eras, i'm just too lazy to list more. Bolded my favorites. I omitted the obvious ones like In My Lifetime and the Remix. There's a huge ongoing Jay-Z unreleased library of a Legend KTT project and it's like 16 discs. Just waiting for that shit to drop.

iFAdM7kQfBGnO.gif

Jay-Z the only rapper Esch would ever do this for. Blessed. I don't even think I love any rappers enough to break shit down like this.

Kwixotik

Let's not get it twisted. I was never a big Kendrick preacher even in the old days. It's well known fact that I thought Ignorance Is Bliss was the best track he had ever done well after S80 dropped. It's second now to Cartoons & Cereal.

No mAAd city? Sing About Me? I like Kendrick's pre-GKMC stuff alright but I think those two tracks blow everything else he's done out of the water.

Cheddahz

Banned
God damn guys, this dude looking Seymour with that outfit (and I'm guessing they are re-creating the wedding scene from Final Fantasy X?)

ByZ7SzxIIAEP1p8.jpg

Esch

Banned
Jay-Z the only rapper Esch would ever do this for. Blessed. I don't even think I love any rappers enough to break shit down like this.
Funny thing is, that's just some of the ones i liked from 93-2002. There's more and more and more beyond that.

I've been meaning to delve heavy into Ghostface's hidden stuff too and would do the same., but entering the world of wu-tang stans is so fucking hard. They all post on old shitty websites, are weirdly greedy about hoarding rare shit, and generally act like cunts.

Courage

bTBs3JO.png
I almost did it, man. I had that Mexican store Origin FIFA 15 copy queued up. With all the bad impressions i'm happy i didn't pick it up. I hear they got a bunch of teams and players playstyles messed up as you mentioned. I mean, nobody cares if you fuck up designing some J-League team. But you can't fuck up anyone in the big euro leagues, come on.
Eurogamer review does a good job explaining what's wrong. They just gave it a 7 instead of a 3. Bad year for PC soccer games, along with the announcement of the gimped PC version of Pro Evo and FIFA being even more broken than console versions.

overcast

Nah, he's right. Lowest key the biggest Kendrick advocate back in the day when section 80 was out was like, HRD. I feel like I remember Tguy talking about him in plug as well. Guys like PD and you probably didnt even hear about him till Section 80 dropped.
I appreciate you not calling me a bandwagon hopper brah. It truly means a lot to be right in the middle.
God damn guys, this dude looking Seymour with that outfit (and I'm guessing they are re-creating the wedding scene from Final Fantasy X?)

ByZ7SzxIIAEP1p8.jpg
The gawd.

IrishNinja

Not even Dre could match Prince's unreleased catalog, he basically made entire legendary albums between the legendary albums we got to hear.

how we know they legendary then tho

i appreciate the work that went into this post, man. shit's bookmarked & i'm gonna comb over it, starting with the bolded ones though. and please post details when that KTT archive or whatever drops.

Kendrick fell off when he tried to serve sensitive sexy over a Janet sample

so hard he fell off on his own classic

I've been meaning to delve heavy into Ghostface's hidden stuff too and would do the same., but entering the world of wu-tang stans is so fucking hard. They all post on old shitty websites, are weirdly greedy about hoarding rare shit, and generally act like cunts.

ugh, i mean i feel ive got a ton of b-sides just in wu banga volumes & the metric fuckton of anthology/misc releases they've seen, honestly. i used to branch out further but ended up in Remedy/Northstar/etc territory and had to swim back in.

Funny thing is, that's just some of the ones i liked from 93-2002. There's more and more and more beyond that.

Lol if you ever get that, I'd want to hear it too.

Real talk, Kendrick/Rock is always a proven combo. We'll get that one way or another on one of their albums. Rock pls.

Jay Rock should just accept his role as a Feature Killer. I can't tell if TDE hates him or he's just happy to not be poor so he doesn't care when his music drops.

I'll try to pick up the torch

Esch

Banned
Lol if you ever get that, I'd want to hear it too.

I'll try to pick up the torch

i appreciate the work that went into this post, man. shit's bookmarked & i'm gonna comb over it, starting with the bolded ones though. and please post details when that KTT archive or whatever drops.
ugh, i mean i feel ive got a ton of b-sides just in wu banga volumes & the metric fuckton of anthology/misc releases they've seen, honestly. i used to branch out further but ended up in Remedy/Northstar/etc territory and had to swim back in.

Good, I hope you guys enjoy. I might do another one some day in this topic, comprised of 03-2014 and rare DJ clue mixtape shit/rare features for Jigga.

The thing is, when I get my hands on something rare that shows a different side of the artist or just shows off some of the things they don't do on albums, I LOVE to share it. I play it in plug, i zippy it up whenever i can, etc etc. A lot of these old dudes who were 30 when The Blueprint dropped are bad at using the internet (and thus the arduous tasks of tagging and uploading), don't give a shit, or don't let themselves be known on forums with any real presence. Or even more annoyingly they throw 300 drops on these rare songs to try and boost their DJ/datpiff careers and host them up there. I'm not trying to hear that shit.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom