• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GAF-Hop |OTXI| Five Year Nation

Status
Not open for further replies.

IrishNinja

sure, the man made bangers no doubt

if by made you mean he straight jacked an obvious record & had dope artists spit on it before getting them jailed/killed/etc then yes excellent resume

Esch

Banned
Listening to puff in that post biggie period is pretty funny. You're like damn sohh who ghostwrote this verse? Sauce Money? Jigga? Skillz? Cube? Which guy on the Hitmen has his fingers all over it? Did Puff mostly do it himself?

I guess we can't really slate Puff for that though since we all like Dr. Dre and Kanye in here though :mjpls:

Can't shit on dude too much. He had a hand in some dope things, even if he is Satan and ruins people's lives.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
9th is one of those dudes that skirts the line, I feel. That dude has to have had the most ups and downs in terms of reception. So much praise and hype, considerable substance, yet so much backlash for not filling the shoes of this next level game-changing, rap nerd-affirming producer.

Did we have a conversation about 9th already?

Esch

Banned
9th is the most overrated producer to peep his head out of the underground. Dude is a hit or miss Premier imitation with wack ass drums.

I used to think Black Milk was similarly fraudulent but he puts out some pretty interesting music nowadays.

wenis

Registered for GAF on September 11, 2001.
Wait is puff daddy legit getting a defense in this thread?

The only thing he was ever solid at was counting money and getting people killed.

He's a joke. A bad bad joke that hasn't ended.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
Wait is puff daddy legit getting a defense in this thread?

The only thing he was ever solid at was counting money and getting people killed.

He's a joke. A bad bad joke that hasn't ended.
You're gonna take beats from someone that slapped Dee Barnes?

Esch

Banned
While I don't subscribe to that overarching conspiracy theory...

There are lots of wilde questionable pics of Diddy throughout the years lmao. Dude super comfortable grabbing men's chests and sitting in their laps and sleeping in beds and wrestling with teenage boys (Usher). Dude is low key on that Birdman tip maybe.

Edit:

Diddy2.jpg

But maybe when you're a millionaire with no shame you don't give a fucck about hugging dudes from the back hip to hip. Maybe puff just transcends paradigms.
And that Daylyt video kills me lol. I'm sure puff saw it since he follows battle rap.

He just doesn't move me really. Dude is cool but doesn't impress me that much. If I want technical or compositional complexity there are tons of guys in the idm (yuck that term) spectrum to feed me better than him, and if i want something with more soul/humanity or that thumps there are better choices for me there too. Flying Lotus the guy that I listen to once every couple years when he puts something out. I'm like
jbMAOAdl1u2tu.png
, and then i listen to it 4 more times, then it goes in my external HDD to never be listened to again.

But then again i feel that way about all that left coast stuff 00s chit like madlib, gaslamp killer, samiyam, prefuse 73 etc. It's the type of chit that dudes who frequent and work at record stores jibberjabber about all day long but nah shit just aint doing it for me.

EDIT: I feel like I just trolled Pickles.
w9if5Xt.gif

I thought you were intending to troll me. Pickles does share that goat taste though.

don't worry bruh few who live will experience the kingdom of heaven

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
brehs, im not sure if we're ready for these animated coli smileys

i just don't know how forum posting could evolve any further after this

That Floyd thread had this:

50centlol5aq1q.gif

I can't stop laughing.

Esch

Banned
Pickles, umad

brehs, im not sure if we're ready for these animated coli smileys

i just don't know how forum posting could evolve any further after this

That Floyd thread had this:

50centlol5aq1q.gif

I can't stop laughing.
I think that they have a limited use. It's a compromise between a gif and an emote, you know? I'd rather have one or another. There are some good coli gif emotes like :laff: and :dj2: tho.

codhand

Can y'all post your favourite Dilla beats? I've only really listened to Donuts from him and don't know much else tbh

This was my shit
http://www.wikiwand.com/en/Ruff_Draft

I mean the fact it came out in 2003 is really incredible. Very experimental stuff, which along with Slum Village is what caught Madlib's attention.

actually pretty sure this was bootlegged before the 2003 release in like 2001-2002 [/hiphopherodotus]

and if you like Madlib especially old Madlib, check out Kankick. His Oxnard contemporary.

Puff's GOAT ghostwriter
http://www.wikiwand.com/en/Skillz

Back when VA had a hip-hop scene...

Can y'all post your favourite Dilla beats? I've only really listened to Donuts from him and don't know much else tbh

Guess this is a good time to post it. I once came across this joint under the title "Jay Dee - Someone Praying"

I doubt that's the name, since it's impossible to find (anyone heard it before/know where it's from?), but anyway..

http://picosong.com/cUAX/

6zROWac.gif

few other favourites:

Suckas (Jay Electronica)
Janet Jacme (5 Elementz)
Searchin' (5 Elementz)

codhand

i dont wanna start a thread and look like an industry plant, but Nutribullet is the shit brehs,

my Oster needs to hold that L

Courage

I can't deny tracks like Grindin' but most of their work sounds outdated today. When I tell this to most people they tell me they've produced so many hits that it's impossible to hate, which I guess makes DJ Mustard as 'timeless' as them.

Esch

Banned
Watching this Ligue 1 pregame show (fuck getting shit done today) and they got Excuse Me Miss blasting in the PSG locker room. Not my idea of a pump up song but
banderas.png

IrishNinja

Method Man & Redman just announced a Chicago show with opening act Mick Jenkins?? Fuuuuuu I'M IN THERE!!

still one of the most hype shows ive seen, do it

Damn. Suicide and SNITCH sucked and I never liked the Clipse albums to begin with.

I can't deny tracks like Grindin' but most of their work sounds outdated today. When I tell this to most people they tell me they've produced so many hits that it's impossible to hate, which I guess makes DJ Mustard as 'timeless' as them.

its like how bryan singer had to burn X2 to get rid continuity of X3 (which was a noble act)...some of ya'll so hateful on pharell you'll let the early clipse shit go to alter the timeline

lupe's on that "mad on twitter" stage of washed up MC's, he could be there a while tho

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom