• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GAF-Hop |OTXI| Five Year Nation

Status
Not open for further replies.

T Dollarz

Anybody down for a midday GAF-HOP sesh?

Hopefully getting my laptop back from surgery later today. These 2 weeks without it have been painful.

Pacific Rim was dope as fuck, y'all some "NO FUN FOR YOU!" ninjas. In a summer that was in short supply for good blockbusters last year (damn you Man of Steel), it really stood out.

codhand

You never really felt like the "good guys" were in any real danger in Pacific Rim. Way too reliant on generic special effects too. Even in 3D it was forgettable, and apparently now even to people who liked it, it was forgettable.

Esch

Banned
you dont like it cause you're dusty
you don't like it because you dont like having fun

nothing worse than a boring blockbuster. look at guardians of the galaxy. had a sense of humor. great world building, some good performances. even if the core of the film is something we've seen a jillion times at least it had some panache and wasnt so self serious

JohnDoe

Banned
You do not like something I like therefore I must call you stuff to feel comfortable about my own taste.
LuEuQ.png

bitch please sounds like it will be amazing.

and guillermo del toro just sucks ass. that silent hill game will be the best thing with his name on it for like 8-9 years

HiResDes

bitch please sounds like it will be amazing.

and guillermo del toro just sucks ass. that silent hill game will be the best thing with his name on it for like 8-9 years

I wouldn't go that far man. Have you seen Pan's Labyrinth? I think it's one of the twenty best movies of the past decade.

I wouldn't go that far man. Have you seen Pan's Labyrinth? I think it's one of the twenty best movies of the past decade.
I'm watching it right now and it's still holding up. One of my favorite films ever made. I also really fucking like Hellboy 2. Probably my favorite super hero film, but I have to rewatch it. However, I don't know how he goes from those to Pacific Rim. When I was watching it I enjoyed it, but couldn't help but be disappointed by that streak he had.

that was so long ago. and it's his only great film imo. I saw the old horror stuff like mimic and devil's backbone. it's all meh.

he reminds me of peter jackson with more restraint but less talent.

T Dollarz

Definitely agree with Del Toro's decline in quality of output since Pan's Labyrinth. I just think Pacific Rim was a fun film, brought out the kid inside of me. I still saw all its flaws, but it was fully aware of the ridiculousness and played on it to make the most of the premise. I had a smile on my face the whole time and was just a great theater experience. Transformers was trying to take itself way too seriously and all the fun was sucked out if that makes sense.

I do with Del Toro could find a way to channel the visionary style that made Pan's Labyrinth so great and original though.

Courage

Definitely agree with Del Toro's decline in quality of output since Pan's Labyrinth. I just think Pacific Rim was a fun film, brought out the kid inside of me. I still saw all its flaws, but it was fully aware of the ridiculousness and played on it to make the most of the premise. I had a smile on my face the whole time and was just a great theater experience. Transformers was trying to take itself way too seriously and all the fun was sucked out if that makes sense.

I do with Del Toro could find a way to channel the visionary style that made Pan's Labyrinth so great and original though.

yup, completely agree.

overcast

Pan's Labyrinth is one of the more imaginative movies of the 00's, thought it was fantastic. Not that into Del Toro otherwise, though I haven't seem Devil's Backbone.

That PT was pretty excellent, though I really doubt Del Toro will be all the involved in the process.

HiResDes

Pan's Labyrinth is one of the more imaginative movies of the 00's, thought it was fantastic. Not that into Del Toro otherwise, though I haven't seem Devil's Backbone.

That PT was pretty excellent, though I really doubt Del Toro will be all the involved in the process.

Yeah I just really love Pan's Labyrinth and I enjoyed Hell Boy and Cronos a fair amount as well.

Cheddahz

Banned
Not yet tbh, lots of conflicting shit.

I don't know if Suge Knight can die from small arms fire tbh. Dude been shot at 96 times

I mean, I don't really feel bad about Suge Knight getting shot at all

He is on the same level that Joe Budden is on (for me personally)

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
I'm calling y'all dusty because you're berating the movie for being too campy, cheesy and corny. You are literally yelling at kids to get off your lawn. Its prime dusty behavior to hate fun. Meanwhile I'm being recommended the latest Statik Selektah album. If y'all aren't dusty what are you?
That ether lmfao

Vorheez

Are you guys fuckin with me? I can't tell. Jeezy deniro don't exist according to the internet and evian christ was the furthest thing I expected from trap and the dude has one song

What's the inside joke, let me in on it

Vorheez

Maaan I really appreciate you taking the time with all those links Des, I'll be sure to check em out. Surely I'll be able to find something I can throw on repeat for a while

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom