• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GAF Photography Q1 2015

Status
Not open for further replies.
I've only just gotten my RAW editor working again (stupid MS Windows), am I allowed to finally post 2014 photos? :(

Well mine are all from 2014, so I hope it's not a problem. ^^

Let's hope so! Love the 911s in your post btw!

P9127325 by kelv_c8464, on Flickr

P9127296 by kelv_c8464, on Flickr

P9127292 by kelv_c8464, on Flickr

P9127291 by kelv_c8464, on Flickr

P9117276 by kelv_c8464, on Flickr

P9117273 by kelv_c8464, on Flickr

P9117264 by kelv_c8464, on Flickr

P9097246 by kelv_c8464, on Flickr

Key2001

I've been leaning towards buying the Sony A6000, but with CP+ only a month away and the rumors about the Sony A7000 (seems too good to be true) I am thinking it might be best to wait and see what happens next month.

I've been leaning towards buying the Sony A6000, but with CP+ only a month away and the rumors about the Sony A7000 (seems too good to be true) I am thinking it might be best to wait and see what happens next month.

At $700 for just the body, I'm not particularly concerned about it unless it happens to be significantly better than the a6000. At that price, I'd just spring for the supposed a5, and get yourself some full frame action.

EDIT: And looking into it some more, none of these rumors really have any base to them yet, so I wouldn't even consider the price to be remotely close to reliable until it's announced. Ultimately, the a6000 is a DAMN good camera.

hitsugi

At $700 for just the body, I'm not particularly concerned about it unless it happens to be significantly better than the a6000. At that price, I'd just spring for the supposed a5, and get yourself some full frame action.

EDIT: And looking into it some more, none of these rumors really have any base to them yet, so I wouldn't even consider the price to be remotely close to reliable until it's announced. Ultimately, the a6000 is a DAMN good camera.

Even then, I picked up the a6000 + kit for $500. Granted it was used (with less than 400 actuations on it), but still.. the most impressive thing about the 7k looks to be the new kit lens which you'd buy separately anyway

Sami+

I got my a6000 for $500 on Black Friday with the kit and really love it, so if you can get it for around that price I'd go for it tbh.

DJ SLEV3N

Banned
untitled_by_slam_cannon-d8dfjmo.jpg

untitled_by_slam_cannon-d8ci08x.jpg

Lender

Driveclub? :)

Very nice shots! I like the second one a lot, but the first one is technically stunning. Never hat the patience to learn panning. (is it called panning in english?)

Yep, it's also a term used in English as well. Learning how to pan at longer shutter speeds isn't easy indeed, but it's worth it when you get amazing pictures out of them. This one was taken at 1/100, which isn't to shabby. My best one yet still is this one:

Lamborghini Murcielago 670 R-SV
by rubmifer, on Flickr

Taken at 1/40, so bloody pleased when I first saw it in big on my monitor. :)

Damaged

Yep, it's also a term used in English as well. Learning how to pan at longer shutter speeds isn't easy indeed, but it's worth it when you get amazing pictures out of them. This one was taken at 1/100, which isn't to shabby. My best one yet still is this one:

Lamborghini Murcielago 670 R-SV
by rubmifer, on Flickr

Taken at 1/40, so bloody pleased when I first saw it in big on my monitor. :)

Yup panning can be pretty tricky but so rewarding when you nail the shot.

This is one of my favourites for a couple of years ago

Edit-8471 by nunsofanarchy, on Flickr

Went out for a walk up to some nearby falls this morning (well an hours drive)

Edit-1191 by nunsofanarchy, on Flickr

Zoille

2014 was sort of a dry year to me. This being said, I really enjoyed the few moments I felt inspired and engaged in the process of taking pictures.

Time to process my xmas pictures now!

Sami+

Getting rid of my Nikon and got a really good deal on a Sony a6000 with a 50mm lens thrown in. Thought I would share this self portrait I took.
Flickr

Woohoo! Joined the club. :)

Took a TON of photos. Got some great stuff today.

Mimi by Discoid, on Flickr

Jabari by Discoid, on Flickr

Zach and Mimi by Discoid, on Flickr

Matt and Jabari by Discoid, on Flickr

Cameras by Discoid, on Flickr

FStop7

Banned
There are some really awesome pics in this thread. :O

I was happy with how this came out. I tried cropping it 2.35:1 for the hell of it, because it felt somewhat cinematic, and I liked it enough to leave it that way.

am_dragon

A friend just told me he had two extra tickets to PAX South, I'd like some tips on convention photography. I have a Nikon D7100 and I'm planning on dark and taking a fast 50mm prime and keeping it simple. Should I take my kit lens, a flash? Should I rent a fast zoom?

Also I tend not to take pictures of people any tips for not being the creepy camera guy?

I was happy with how this came out. I tried cropping it 2.35:1 for the hell of it, because it felt somewhat cinematic, and I liked it enough to leave it that way.

I love this, straight out of a movie!

Zoille

I know what you mean, I have been obsessed with the XPAN recently and decided to try the 24x65 ratio and just love the format.

Phranang Cave Beach by xavierhc, on Flickr

Dubai Desert Conservation Reserve - 2 by xavierhc, on Flickr

Hindi Lane by xavierhc, on Flickr

Lender

Looks cool.

One from this summer. Quick attempt at a night landscape picture, even though the light pollution fucks everything up here in Flanders.

Night Sky 2
by rubmifer, on Flickr

Some older ones if people don't mind.

Audi R18
by rubmifer, on Flickr

Aston Martin DB9
by rubmifer, on Flickr

Bugatti Veyron Sang Noir *explored*
by rubmifer, on Flickr

Haha awesome stuff! Love it there up on Takao, envious that you got there in autumn.

Whenever your next trip is to Japan, go during autumn! It was my first time that I didn't go during the winter. The weather was great and the leaves were beautiful.

alterno69

Banned
Some of the last shots with my trusty(except in low light) 5D MkIII + Sigma 35mm combo.

Don't drop me by MOTUS_MX, on Flickr

Bride by MOTUS_MX, on Flickr

First dance by MOTUS_MX, on Flickr

The last shot is my favorite from 2014 i think, funny how my other favorite is from my first wedding last year and this one is from the second to last.

And finally, one of the first pics with my D750

Mother and daughter by MOTUS_MX, on Flickr

It's going to be a fun year after making the switch from Canon to Nikon.

Cohsae

Hi guys, first time posting in one of these threads.
Had never been into photography at all, until recently my girlfriends mum gifted me an old bridge camera, which quickly had me hooked and I've now got myself a Nikon D5200.

I've sent a request to the Flickr group, could an admin please add me? I don't have much to share yet (and it's nowhere near as good as some of the shots I've seen in this thread) but it'd be great to start getting some feedback.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom