• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GAF Throwback: Aloy looks a little off.......

latest
oh man totally! yes!

ExmQNCC.jpg

Bo_Hazem

Banned
David can I masturbate to this?(removed)

BTW, this is why the game was banned in some regions like here. I think only the recent GOW was allowed for the first time. Some copies get leaked by the grey market indeed or you can buy it digitally via another country's account like a US or UK account.

Last edited by a moderator:

Mister Wolf

Gold Member
BTW, this is why the game was banned in some regions like here. I think only the recent GOW was allowed for the first time. Some copies get leaked by the grey market indeed or you can buy it digitally via another country's account like a US or UK account.

Knowing the current Sony you think they will ever release those GOW games again like on PC or a PS5 colloection?

Bo_Hazem

Banned
Knowing the current Sony you think they will ever release those GOW games again like on PC or a PS5 colloection?

Not sure, really. If you mean PS4 and before I think it's highly possible if they decide to. But I think when TLOU2 got banned from most of the middle eastern market they might think differently with their next entry. Those companies, the mother company at least, care about the maximum profits and getting banned from some markets, even if you can still leak copies and by them digitally using other accounts, is bad for business. Maybe that's why Kratos didn't fuck Freya. :lollipop_tears_of_joy:

Last edited:

Mister Wolf

Gold Member
Not sure, really. If you mean PS4 and before I think it's highly possible if they decide to. But I think when TLOU2 got banned from most of the middle eastern market they might think differently with their next entry. Those companies, the mother company at least, care about the maximum profits and getting banned from some markets, even if you can still leak copies and by them digitally using other accounts, is bad for business. Maybe that's why Kratos didn't fuck Freya. :lollipop_tears_of_joy:

That's a shame. Would love to play GOW 1-3 + Ascension at 4K 60+fps

Orta

Banned
I haven't read much if this thread but I'm guessing the general gist of it is Aloy, would/wouldn't you?

Can we get a poll up?

Last edited:

Bo_Hazem

Banned
That's a shame. Would love to play GOW 1-3 + Ascension at 4K 60+fps

Hey, I have zero access to Sony if you mean I know some insider info. But with how remasters/remakes are trendy nowadays you can expect those to get remasters/remakes one day. If they like their PC business then they'll release it on PC, so far I think they'll only release the games on PS Plus Collection and collect the data and decide/adapt to what's best.

So far I think the SP games have sold very poorly on PC, so they might go for other games like MP like Destruction Allstars, Predator, and other similar games.

Mister Wolf

Gold Member
Hey, I have zero access to Sony if you mean I know some insider info. But with how remasters/remakes are trendy nowadays you can expect those to get remasters/remakes one day. If they like their PC business then they'll release it on PC, so far I think they'll only release the games on PS Plus Collection and collect the data and decide/adapt to what's best.

So far I think the SP games have sold very poorly on PC, so they might go for other games like MP like Destruction Allstars, Predator, and other similar games.

I think they wont release them because they are now embarrassed by the content in them and want the public to forget about them.

Yeah you think wrong from the recent Sony's Investor Relations Day:

XfyTD5V.png

Games are selling so well they want to bring even more games to PC now with Uncharted as the next title.

Last edited:
How about...

If Guerilla Games had not disclosed/told that Hannah Hoekstra was the face-model for Aloy, would you have known/made that connection (I know I wouldn't have)?

What about Sylens, would people have known/made the connection that his face-model was Lance Reddick (I knew instantly, though not by name, but I could go to a movie/tv-show and be yeah there HE IS, also his voice ofc).

Yes. Instantly. He's a great actor.

I think it's a valid point maybe if the developers are really intentionally messing with the appearance of female cast in post production because they don't want to be accused of pandering to "the male gaze". Hopefully if this is happening then it will come to light sometime.

For now it's just funny to laugh at. :)

Bo_Hazem

Banned
I think they wont release them because they are now embarrassed by the content in them and want the public to forget about them.

What content? How can they be embarrassed by some of the most successful games in the industry? I just think PC gamers have different tastes, and if they like PS games they usually have a PS console along with their PC. All recent titles sales don't match a marketing budget for them, can't see them getting more than $3M max out of all of them (+future releases).

Yeah you think wrong from the recent Sony's Investor Relations Day:

XfyTD5V.png

Games are selling so well they want to bring even more games to PC now with Uncharted as the next title.

Most games didn't break even 1M, which is pretty short. GAAS makes full sense. They'll bring many of the PS4 games as stated by Jim Ryan, mostly games in the PS Plus Collection that are offered for free with PS+. GAAS games might release day one though.

Last edited:

Mister Wolf

Gold Member
What content? How can they be embarrassed by some of the most successful games in the industry? I just think PC gamers have different tastes, and if they like PS games they usually have a PS console along with their PC. All recent titles sales don't match a marketing budget for them, can't see them getting more than $3M max out of all of them (+future releases).

Most games didn't break even 1M, which is pretty short. GAAS make full sense. They'll bring many of the PS4 games as stated by Jim Ryan, mostly games in the PS Plus Collection that are offered for free with PS+. GAAS games might release day one though.

Kratos sleeping with women. Kratos brutally murdering innocent women. He is a villain, always has been.......until now when they decided to turn GOW into The Road.

Last edited:
Most games didn't break even 1M, which is pretty short. GAAS make full sense. They'll bring many of the PS4 games as stated by Jim Ryan, mostly games in the PS Plus Collection that are offered for free with PS+. GAAS games might release day one though.

Wait what? Horizon alone is allrdy between 1 and 2 mil on steam and the game was sold on Epic and GOG as well:
https://steamspy.com/app/1151640

Gtfo with your console warrior bs it's a good thing more people get to play these games.

Last edited:

Bo_Hazem

Banned
Kratos sleeping with women. Kratos brutally murdering innocent women. He is a villain always has been.......until now when they decided to turn GOW into The Road.

Hmmm, that was a different era indeed. Most critics now if they released Uncharted 4 today won't get the same high marks because he's "generic white man". That's one of the reasons GoT didn't get as high marks as the user score 9.2, because he's an honorable straight man.

Wait what? Horizon alone is allrdy between 1 and 2 mil on steam and the game was sold on Epic and GOG as well:
https://steamspy.com/app/1151640

Gtfo with your console warrior bs it's a good thing more people get to play these games.

Don't burst your head off, relax.

Last edited:

THEAP99

Banned
Hmmm, that was a different era indeed. Most critics now if they released Uncharted 4 today won't get the same high marks because he's "generic white man". That's one of the reasons GoT didn't get as high marks as the user score 9.2, because he's an honorable straight man.
No. GoT didn't get as high marks as the user score because the critics actually took notes of the lack-luster stealth combat, formulaic open world, and forgettable story.

I don't understand they they scrapped the original design. Why is beauty considered bad in gaming (particularly western gaming) now? It's like they go out of their way to make the game worlds, characters, etc. look as ugly as possible. They claim it's "realism" or whatever but the real world and real people aren't that ugly.
I think some of it will be done in an effort to avoid criticism and it's clear that pandering to the idea of "realism" will garner a lot of praise in the media.

Thinking of people praising RDR2 because of shrinking horse balls or whatever and TLOU2 getting the whole "videogames don't have to be fun" treatment.

Probably a similar thing here where they are looking at character designs and "realistic" is one of the main buzzwords. Plenty of people consider a fit, toned and athletic female body to be "unrealistic beauty standards". So what does realistic look like with that mindset?

kuncol02

Banned
It’s easy to hate on Aloy if you’re a Microsoft fanboy when you haven’t seen Master Chief’s true face.
video games halo GIF by Because Science
MS is simply working smarter. Remember, work smarter not harder. Why would you spend time to give your hero face that people will hate when you can simply never show it.

RaySoft

People will hate regardless. I guess the Halo reveal got some more traction because the game werent quite ready, but haters will latch onto stuff regardless. That said, this is seriously getting kinda beyond funny.

I liked that @davidjaffe just came here to shout "THIS GAME IS NOT FOR YOU TO MASTERBATE TO" and then left immediately:messenger_beaming:
I guess he would know which games we should be masturbating to since he was bragging about playing AO games earlier too.
Happy Adam Scott GIF by Sky

I don’t understand why this is controversial. I really don’t. She’s a little chubby in the face. That’s true. Chubbier than the first game? Yes. It’s obviously intentional. It couldn’t possibly be her age “showing” when you take Dr. Sobeck into consideration. The devs made the conscious choice to make her face a little chubbier. Talking about it isn’t sexist or insensitive because she’s not real. Will it make the game less fun? No. It will probably make the cutscenes a little funnier than they need to be. If that sentiment makes you feel uncomfortable than.. I don’t know.. grow up? I’m not going to let her looks dissuade me from buying the game, but I’m also not going to pretend like I don’t prefer my video game characters, men and women, to be beautiful.

Top Bottom