• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Gal Gadot Wonder Woman costume revealed

Status
Not open for further replies.
She's a god. Artemis was said to have the body size of a young teenager. She was pretty good at holding her own. They're gods their bloodline gives them power not their features.

I'm more than familiar with the character, thanks.

Thor is a god and looks the role in his films.

This girl looks like she stepped out of a Victoria's Secret catalogue, wearing a turd brown vest. Zero Wonder Woman vibe.

Which requires planning and discipline. Which requires control. As does taking matters in to your own hands no matter the intent or how you paint it.

control=/=control freak. A control freak can't reason or adjust; everything has to go according to their plan. This is Lex's biggest weakness. Once Superman figures him out he is fucked. Batman is adaptive and has a willingness to listen and change. It's why he can get out of situations that others can't.

This girl looks like she stepped out of a Victoria's Secret catalogue, wearing a turd brown vest. Zero Wonder Woman vibe.

It really helps when you compare it to past WW outfits.

pMEpVeL.jpg

BadAss2961

Wonder Woman's been drawn to have a frame exactly like Gadot's before. She's not super buff all the time.

There's some sad irony in the fact that Gadot is a model and many of the posts in this thread are nit-picking her body to shreds.

Hmm? Model body type isn't exactly empowering or strong. If a parent shows her daughter WW it should be different than showing her a model ... so I don't really see the irony. It should be expected that people want a warrior body and not another model to play the strongest feminist hero everyone knows.

Wonder Woman's been drawn to have a frame exactly like Gadot's before. She's not super buff all the time.

Yep.

What we have is people that correlate size and sex to how someone can handle themselves. Skinny ass Helio Gracie was taking out dudes twice his size in his prime.

I'm just going to say this no one seems to have a problem with how skinny Spiderman is in the new movies. Both characters have been draw with skinnier frames. Why are the people pointing out that a god is too skinny and can't handle herself?

His skills and knowledge are beyond any average man. It does take a control freak to want and to exercise the will to attain what he does. The 'freak' after control implies excessive. This is beyond arguing at this point particularly when we speak of a man who spies on his friends and every super being on the planet and beyond (canon).

Every time we keep trying to help you ask "why?" , you beat around the bush and talk features. We'll have to agree to disagree here except one of us is right :) you of all people should not the intense control bruce exerts over himself and others is what makes him just as crazy as his enemies. The only difference is the shred of humanity and standing for up for good. Though he doesn't use the means his enemies do, his means are just as extreme and are always observed and debated.

You guys are just using control freak in a more liberal way than I am. I will say this when it comes to how Batman maintains himself, you're right he is a control freak. When it comes to others he isn't. Having a plan for something that might happen isn't control it is battle ready.

EscoBlades

Ubisoft Marketing

She looks like wonder woman. Get over it.

theWB27

Yep.

What we have is people that correlate size and sex to how someone can handle themselves. Skinny ass Helio Gracie was taking out dudes twice his size in his prime.

I'm just going to say this no one seems to have a problem with how skinny Spiderman is in the new movies. Both characters have been draw with skinnier frames. Why are the people pointing out that a god is too skinny and can't handle herself?

Think Spiderman, even though he has strength, is more associated with being quick, mobile and elusive. Skinny works.

I was wary with her frame at first, but I think she looks just fine now.

I suppose, but surely WW has the most pressure on her for her to succeed and be took seriously? You'd want a talented actress.

Because of the strong female part? I don't think there's a ton of pressure because she isn't being touted as the focal point. You have Supes and Bats taking up a ton of that pressure.

Hellion

There's some sad irony in the fact that Gadot is a model and many of the posts in this thread are nit-picking her body to shreds. I half expect some Photoshops giving her bigger muscles or more curves just to bring her closer to her character's more idealized comic book proportions.

I still think Gadot looks great in that shot. I mean, hey, for all I know she'll look like the worst thing ever when we see her in motion. But for now, based only on that photo, I like her so far.

God forbid she sees the inside of a gym.

"WONDER WOMAN SHOULD BE BIG AND MUSCULAR"

oh wait

wonderwomanbatman.jpg

wwpeeved.BMP

I'm done.

RELIGHT

Banned
Of course they are. The problem is that both male and female models usually have a more lean body type not suitable at all for superheroes. This looks like a superhero:

This guy for example does not.

The same applies to Wonder Woman.

Huh?

Gal Gadot is fine as fuck and looks the part. I'm happy with this. But for fuck's sake, I hope there is more color to the outfit.

Enduin

No bald cap? Lies!
I just noticed the boots are actually like 4+ inch wedges. What the fuck. Like OK it wouldn't be so bad it was an actual boot with a decent heel, but practically high heels is some dumb shit given how rugged and shit the rest of the costume is.

She looks like wonder woman. Get over it.

I didn't realize you had the objective truth on your side, while detractors were just stating our opinions.

More like get over yourself, am I right?

"WONDER WOMAN SHOULD BE BIG AND MUSCULAR"

oh wait

Ironic in that almost every one of those pictures is a more muscular version of the character than what we're getting in the film. And the ones you posted from the cartoon? Okay.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom