• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Game Informer October cover story revealed: The Legend Of Zelda: Skyward Sword

TheCongressman1 said:
Wait. Is that
Midna?!?!
PbHaP.gif

How did you...what

gdt

That's an excellent cover. I forget, how much is a year of GI? $15, right? I'll go get another year for this.

K

kittens

Unconfirmed Member
gdt5016 said:
It's like Zeppelin. At a certain point, people already know :p.
That is a terrible analogy, but I appreciate your point.

Like Gaga, right?

Randomizer

Stumpokapow said:
Last Japanese published game on the cover: January 2011, Tomb Raider (Square Enix) Image

Last Japanese developed game on the cover: February 2007, Blue Dragon (MS) Image

Last Japanese developed Japanese published game on the cover: October 2006, Devil May Cry 4 (Capcom) Image

Last Nintendo game on the cover: July 2004, Metroid Prime 2 Image

Last Japanese Nintendo game on the cover: November 2001, Luigi's Mansion / Gamecube launch lineup Image

As I live in the UK I have never bought an issue of Game Informer as it's unavailable here. This guarantees that if the opportunity to purchase an issue ever arose in future I certainly wouldn't bother.

Anasui Kishibe said:
Hyped the game up ridiculously high, delayed the game multiple times, released footage of stuff that didn't appear in the game, and the worst part was when most major journalists were allowed to play up to the 3rd dungeon(first 10 hours?), one and a half months before the game released so there was no avoiding the spoilers unless you just didn't go on the internet.

Replaying Wind Waker at the moment in preparation for skyward swords. I have a gamecube version of Twilight Princess that I never played for reasons I can't remember. Is it worth playing through as well or do you guys think that I'll be all Zelda'd out by november?

ASIS

brandonh83 said:
Yes. Just got to City in the Sky on my pre-Skyward replay and it is glorious.
lol I was actually thinking about changing that "was" to "is" But I chose "was" simply because it's already a 5 year old game. And in all honesty I think the game aged very well.

So yes, it is still glorious to this day :p

Azure J

I honestly don't know how I was able to pull off such a long running media blackout on this game when it was one of the games from pre-Wii purchase (2008) that I just KNEW I had to have in any quantity. The craziest/saddest part is I can totally see myself jumping into a thread with spoilers, see the smallest out of all of them and get curious, then undo 3 or more years worth of "saving hype" in one go. :lol

Smellycat

snoopeasystreet said:
Replaying Wind Waker at the moment in preparation for skyward swords. I have a gamecube version of Twilight Princess that I never played for reasons I can't remember. Is it worth playing through as well or do you guys think that I'll be all Zelda'd out by november?

wait... so are you saying that you have played TP on the Wii, or that you have never played it period? If it is the latter, then what the hell are you waiting for? START NOW

ASIS

AzureJericho said:
I honestly don't know how I was able to pull off such a long running media blackout on this game when it was one of the games from pre-Wii purchase (2008) that I just KNEW I had to have in any quantity. The craziest/saddest part is I can totally see myself jumping into a thread with spoilers, see the smallest out of all of them and get curious, then undo 3 or more years worth of "saving hype" in one go. :lol
Which game are you talking about? Zelda was officially confirmed in 09, not 08.

Smellycat said:
wait... so are you saying that you have played TP on the Wii, or that you have never played it period? If it is the latter, then what the hell are you waiting for? START NOW

The latter. I guess I'll play it after Wind Waker then. Thanks :)

ASIS

snoopeasystreet said:
The latter. I guess I'll play it after Wind Waker then. Thanks :)
Keep in mind that we are only 10 weeks away from SS. TP is a long game, so if you don't feel like having too much Zelda I actually suggest you stay away from it until you beat SS and feel like you still want more Zelda.

As has been said before: A Japanese game on the cover of GI?

A NINTENDO GAME ON THE COVER OF GI??!!

Bet you their review for it will say "Graphics are good... for a Wii game."

Do we know what date this will release? They said they are releasing info their site on the 13th or so, but do you need an online subscription for that?

PigSpeakers said:

Or they'll score the game a six.

Paper Mario TTYD is an amazing game, but it doesn't appeal to dudebros...6/10. I stopped buying anything from Gamestop at that very moment.

PigSpeakers said:

Bet you five dollars it won't!

(Taking notes to remind myself to look for that phrase in editing passes and cross it out. Easy money!)

TheCongressman1 said:
Do we know what date this will release? They said they are releasing info their site on the 13th or so, but do you need an online subscription for that?

No, website content is always free. Only web thing that requires a sub is if you have a digital subscription and want to access the digital version of the magazine.

Kard8p3

KefkaTaran said:
Bet you five dollars it won't!

(Taking notes to remind myself to look for that phrase in editing passes and cross it out. Easy money!)

No, website content is always free. Only web thing that requires a sub is if you have a digital subscription and want to access the digital version of the magazine.

Obviously you can't talk about what you played yet but can you tell us your level of enjoyment with the game so far?

Kard8p3 said:
Obviously you can't talk about what you played yet but can you tell us your level of enjoyment with the game so far?

I REALLY enjoyed what I played. I mean it's always tough saying how good a game will be in full based off of a semi-out-of-context chunk of it, but I'll just say that I was smiling pretty much the whole time and left more excited about SS than when I entered.

Kard8p3

KefkaTaran said:
I REALLY enjoyed what I played. I mean it's always tough saying how good a game will be in full based off of a semi-out-of-context chunk of it, but I'll just say that I was smiling pretty much the whole time and left more excited about SS than when I entered.

Great to hear. Were you one of the people that felt Zelda needed some change after twilight princess?

Kard8p3 said:
Great to hear. Were you one of the people that felt Zelda needed some change after twilight princess?

Eh, so so. I adored Twilight Princess, but I think I would be a little disappointed if Skyward Sword ended up feeling extremely similar to it.

RPGCrazied said:
Has Nintendo said if the game world was bigger than TP? What about gameplay hours?

It's mentioned (briefly) in the cover story.

BY2K

Membero Americo
KefkaTaran said:
It's mentioned (briefly) in the cover story.

Are articles on the website going to be released once every 2 or 3 days? If I remember correctly, it was like that for Darksiders 2 (or was it Portal 2...)

BY2K said:
Are articles on the website going to be released once every 2 or 3 days? If I remember correctly, it was like that for Darksiders 2 (or was it Portal 2...)

Since we're doing 25th anniversary retrospective stuff in addition to Skyward Sword content, we actually have more articles than normal for our online stuff. There will be a new article at least once every other weekday, but quite a bit of stuff will be posted with just a day inbetween.

The full list of planned online content can be found at our hub if you're interested. Subject to change, etc., but this should pretty solidly reflect what will be put out.

Instro

RPGCrazied said:
Has Nintendo said if the game world was bigger than TP? What about gameplay hours?
Last thing I remember hearing about the game world was that they were trying to design something that was more dense(more things to do, more people, integrating dungeons, etc) rather than increasing the size over TP.

Top Bottom