• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Game Informer October cover story revealed: The Legend Of Zelda: Skyward Sword

weeaboo

Stumpokapow said:
Last Japanese published game on the cover: January 2011, Tomb Raider (Square Enix) Image

Last Japanese developed game on the cover: February 2007, Blue Dragon (MS) Image

Last Japanese developed Japanese published game on the cover: October 2006, Devil May Cry 4 (Capcom) Image

Last Nintendo game on the cover: July 2004, Metroid Prime 2 Image

Last Japanese Nintendo game on the cover: November 2001, Luigi's Mansion / Gamecube launch lineup Image

lol holy shit

Bisnic

Really Really Exciting Member!
KefkaTaran said:
You realize Nintendo would need to want to work with us on a cover as well, right? Thankfully, they did on Skyward Sword, and it turned out awesome.

Does that mean that you asked Nintendo multiple times in the past and they always said "no"? Or do they actually have to come to you 1st and that was the first time since Metroid Prime 2?

Dave Long

Banned
Stumpokapow said:
Last Japanese published game on the cover: January 2011, Tomb Raider (Square Enix) Image

Last Japanese developed game on the cover: February 2007, Blue Dragon (MS) Image

Last Japanese developed Japanese published game on the cover: October 2006, Devil May Cry 4 (Capcom) Image

Last Nintendo game on the cover: July 2004, Metroid Prime 2 Image

Last Japanese Nintendo game on the cover: November 2001, Luigi's Mansion / Gamecube launch lineup Image
Wow. You know, I used to often say here and at another board how Nintendo was getting systematically pushed aside by the US press. I didn't realize how bad it really was.

Nintendo-4Life said:
oooo... New info already? Nice! :p

BTW, obviously you played a bit of this realm, but will you give a thorough impression or will you just glance over it? Is it a huge part of the game? And lastly, is it fun?

I'm pretty sure you won't be able to answer the last two questions, but it would awesome if you could :p

I'll tell you that there's a whole section of the cover story text devoted to it, but that's all I can say right now. :)

Sn4ke_911

If I ever post something in Japanese which I don't understand, please BAN me.
Toppot made some awesome avatars. Thanks again!

Toppot said:
hk0LY.png
HAXqb.png
SbvSH.png
YRE5z.png
fl4gR.png

ASIS

KefkaTaran said:
I'll tell you that there's a whole section of the cover story text devoted to it, but that's all I can say right now. :)
That is great!

Thank you and I look forward to reading your article :)

Nirolak

Mrgrgr
I think the most surprising part is that we already know a lot about Zelda.

Usually Game Informer requires that you have no released video footage of your game and almost no public details about it.

It seems they really wanted to cover a major Nintendo game though, so they broke some of their rules.

Nirolak said:

Usually Game Informer requires that you have no released video footage of your game and almost no public details about it.

It seems they really wanted to cover a major Nintendo game though, so they broke some of their rules.
They have extra Wii units they want to get rid of.

RPGCrazied

Awesome. I always thought Nintendo Power got the big story on first party Nintendo stuff. Usually GI cover stories are 20pages or close to. This should be a great read. I just put $20 on the bundle today at gamestop.

Dark Schala

Eloquent Princess
I really love that cover.

That Link art is pretty hot. It's really cool... outside of him being right-handed! :mad:

I'm still a little disappointed as a left-hander that Link is now right-handed... don't mind me... :(

Nirolak said:

That is the fun part about making our own rules. :) In this case, it was part excitement to cover Zelda and work with Nintendo and partially because even with the info out there, Nintendo still had a lot of interesting and exciting things to reveal about Skyward Sword. Plus lots of talking to Aonuma, which is always great.

Truth101 said:
So, I have to buy a game magazine finally again. When does the issue come out?

Should start hitting subscribers next week-ish, available in stores the week after.

Sinoox

Banned
Well this is one game informer magazine I'll be sure doesn't get ruined in my bathroom. XD

I'm hoping for some pretty big reveals in this. Nintendo has been very hush hush about Skyward Sword.

RPGCrazied said:
Ohh. You work for GI? Can you tell us how many pages of juicy goodness this is?

I work for GI and wrote this cover story! :) It's 14 pages of retrospective/25th anniversary celebration stuff and then 10 pages on Skyward Sword.

SykoTech

zoner said:
Kinda disappointing when GI covers are usually known for a new game reveal.

Indeed. It's usually enitrely new art too. I guess them actually giving Skyward Sword a cover was a miracle alone, so they didn't feel the need to live up to their usual standard.

KefkaTaran said:
I work for GI and wrote this cover story! :) It's 14 pages of retrospective/25th anniversary celebration stuff and then 10 pages on Skyward Sword.

Is the review included too or is it just a rather large preview?

SykoTech said:
Indeed. It's usually enitrely new art too. I guess them actually giving Skyward Sword a cover was a miracle alone, so they didn't feel the need to live up to their usual standard.
But the art of Link is new art, right?

RPGCrazied

KefkaTaran said:

Nice. Can't wait for this to come in the mail. Sometimes the mailman is rough on my magazines. I hope he leaves this one alone!

You guys really should put your mags in plastic.

Dark Schala

Eloquent Princess
KefkaTaran said:
:O

Must... purchase...

Baiano19 said:
Zelda is so cute in this game! <3
As long as Link's facial expressions aren't as goofy as they were in Twilight Princess (and going by footage we've seen already, the animation has gotten better), I know a few girls and guys who might be drooling over him.
KuGsj.gif

I must reiterate: that art of Link is fantastic (right-handedness aside).

brb

Art is looking fantastic.
Still holding strong on the media blackout however, so I won't be reading about it.

JumpingTheGun said:

It's our regular style of cover feature -- more in-depth than a preview, lots of interviews and such. No review, though.

JumpingTheGun said:
Game doesn't come out until November. I think it would be to early for a review.
IceDoesntHelp said:
But the art of Link is new art, right?
Yep, that's new, and the Phi art is somewhat new, being that it was first shown on the recently released box art.
Dark Schala said:
I must reiterate: that art of Link is fantastic (right-handedness aside).
:p

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
Cool art but I'm going to use this as a warning to avoid Zelda news from now on. Want to keep a lot of this game a surprise.

demolitio

They finally announced a new Zelda game! Oh wait, this isn't the reveal I was looking for...

I can't wait for Skyward Sword though. It's the one series where you're pretty much left in the dark until you play it except for the typical Zelda game mechanics. You go in there blind and always end up finding awesome stuff that you didn't expect. Every other game these days spoil a lot of their levels.

Top Bottom