• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Game Informer October cover story revealed: The Legend Of Zelda: Skyward Sword

so1337

This is honestly the best Zelda artwork I've ever had the pleasure of laying my eyes on. Bravo dude who does Zelda art. Bravo.

The Dutch Slayer said:
@ KefkaTaran will their be video coverage from GI about the game, soon or just before launch because all the cover videos you did so far were awesome and I would love some more about Zelda.

Unfortunately since we were largely dealing with NoA and not Japan directly and did our Japan team interviews via satellite rather than in person, there's not going to be that kind of "in-studio" video that we like doing with cover stories. That said, we do have a bunch of video content planned, including a video preview, a bunch of exclusive new Skyward Sword videos, and some cool retrospective videos on earlier games in the series.

Brazil

Living in the shadow of Amaz
Stumpokapow said:
Last Japanese Nintendo game on the cover: November 2001, Luigi's Mansion / Gamecube launch lineup Image
Luigi's Mansion vs. Dead or Alive 3... "The showdown of the century"... In 2001...

Huh.

Chuck

Still without luck
I was waiting to see this cover to decide if I'm going to resubscrive this month or wait to see what they get on next month's issue.

I'll wait for next month's.

KefkaTaran said:
Unfortunately since we were largely dealing with NoA and not Japan directly and did our Japan team interviews via satellite rather than in person, there's not going to be that kind of "in-studio" video that we like doing with cover stories. That said, we do have a bunch of video content planned, including a video preview, a bunch of exclusive new Skyward Sword videos, and some cool retrospective videos on earlier games in the series.
To bad but I thank you for your comment :), and I'm looking forward to the other videos though.

-PXG-

1) A Japanese game
2) A Nintendo game
3) A game that is coming out THIS year

No one could have guessed this one.

Well at least it's not another boring FPS. Maybe I'll actually try this Zelda. Never really been a fan, but this one looks cool and I have a Wii, so why the hell not.

Cover art looks amazing.

I really think Zelda is my most anticipated Holiday 2011 title. Even more than Skyrim. Blasphemy, I know.

BurntPork

Banned
... Motherfucker.

Stumpokapow said:
Last Japanese published game on the cover: January 2011, Tomb Raider (Square Enix) Image

Last Japanese developed game on the cover: February 2007, Blue Dragon (MS) Image

Last Japanese developed Japanese published game on the cover: October 2006, Devil May Cry 4 (Capcom) Image

Last Nintendo game on the cover: July 2004, Metroid Prime 2 Image

Last Japanese Nintendo game on the cover: November 2001, Luigi's Mansion / Gamecube launch lineup Image
Wow. This is an event, alright.

This is seriously the FIRST Nintendo game on the cover in 10 years?

How the fuck is that even possible?

Edit: Ok, 7-ish years but that's still pretty damn unfathomable.

Anth0ny

Stumpokapow said:
Last Japanese published game on the cover: January 2011, Tomb Raider (Square Enix) Image

Last Japanese developed game on the cover: February 2007, Blue Dragon (MS) Image

Last Japanese developed Japanese published game on the cover: October 2006, Devil May Cry 4 (Capcom) Image

Last Nintendo game on the cover: July 2004, Metroid Prime 2 Image

holy shiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiit :lol

jett said:
MEH

I was hoping for Bayonetta 2. :(
THIS.

kamiya.jpg

Can you feel the u-mad?-ness emanating from his grin? GRR!

Bisnic

Really Really Exciting Member!
TheLastCandle said:
This is seriously the FIRST Nintendo game on the cover in 10 years?

How the fuck is that even possible?

I'm quite surprised they didn't even bother putting a Mario or Zelda game in there since fucking Luigi Mansion. I guess they went with some "dudebro" games instead.

Bisnic said:
I'm quite surprised they didn't even bother putting a Mario or Zelda game in there since fucking Luigi Mansion. I guess they went with some "dudebro" games instead.

You realize Nintendo would need to want to work with us on a cover as well, right? Thankfully, they did on Skyward Sword, and it turned out awesome.

TheNatural

My Member!
KefkaTaran said:
You realize Nintendo would need to want to work with us on a cover as well, right? Thankfully, they did on Skyward Sword, and it turned out awesome.

Yeah exactly. I'm sure you could put LoZ on a cover and GamePro the story all up with basically rehashed press release and E3 info, but what's the point? It's Nintendo's fault they don't get more coverage out for their games.

Ahaha Links got Muttenchops! Besides that it is a truely lovely cover and can't wait to read it. I thought it was the Siren Realm though?

Sneaky Gato said:
Ahaha Links got Muttenchops! Besides that it is a truely lovely cover and can't wait to read it. I thought it was the Siren Realm though?

IIRC they were calling it "Siren Zone" but have since changed the name to Silent Realm.

Smellycat

I didn't expect Zelda when I entered the thread. The artwork looks fantastic. I will read the retrospective, but I will skip the exclusive Skyward Sword content. I don't want to be spoiled.

KefkaTaran said:
Wanna send a copy of the cover my way? (;

ASIS

KefkaTaran said:
IIRC they were calling it "Siren Zone" but have since changed the name to Silent Realm.
oooo... New info already? Nice! :p

BTW, obviously you played a bit of this realm, but will you give a thorough impression or will you just glance over it? Is it a huge part of the game? And lastly, is it fun?

I'm pretty sure you won't be able to answer the last two questions, but it would awesome if you could :p

Top Bottom