• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Game of Thrones - Season 2 - George RR Martin's Song of Ice and Fire - Sundays on HBO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tucah

you speak so well
Excellent episode, If anyone could make it work it was going to be GRRM. The nose is my only disappointment but I guess that would have been hard to pull off in the future.

jett

D-Member
The wildfire scene was pretty awesome.

Seems like they will spend a lot of time with non-important stuff next episode, I fear THOTU may be getting the shaft.

Amir0x

Banned
Anyway, as far as battle episodes go, that's pretty much the gold standard for tv shows from here on out. I mean you can still tell where they were numbers deprived, and where they cut corners, but considering the scale of it all, it was a great way to deliver this climax.

Best moments:

1. Damn that Green Wildfire Explosion was ace. Reminds me of how comparably fucking awful the finale explosion of Walking Dead Season 1 was.

2. "Oh fuck me." Tyrion really pulled off the performance of the episode, no doubt.

3. Hound/Sansa scene.

sigh, if only every episode had such a budget

Plasmid

Overall, amazing episode. I feel like the finale is just going to tie up some ends from next episode, i'm not expecting anything amazing, but then again i didn't expect season 1 episode 9 to go the same either :lol.

This fuckin show, and the fact that this episode was written by Martin shows how well he adapts his own writings to television.

Fucking great episode HNNG.

Fuzzy

I would bang a hot farmer!
I really hope they don't devote like 75% (or more) of the episode to Blackwater. Don't get me wrong, it'll be great to finally get some action, but with only two episodes left they can't afford to waste any time. This season has already felt more like "visual Cliffs Notes" than "TV show."
Admit it, you liked the episode.

Amir0x

Banned
Peter Dinklage is a great actor but I don't think he's that dedicated.

yeah, i expected the type of CG work it would take to make it look like Dinklage's nose was plausibly gone was not worth the cost (and regular makeup would not work for this purpose, I don't think so), considering a grave facial scar would effectively do the same thing... make him uglier :p

Overall, amazing episode. I feel like the finale is just going to tie up some ends from next episode, i'm not expecting anything amazing, but then again i didn't expect season 1 episode 9 to go the same either :lol.

This fuckin show, and the fact that this episode was written by Martin shows how well he adapts his own writings to television.

Fucking great episode HNNG.

If the next episode does the house of the undying justice it will be pretty damn good.

LProtag

Haha, my roommate is freaking out.

CoK
WHAT THE FUCK!? IS TYRION DEAD!? DON'T TELL ME!

I thought this was an amazing battle. Kinda wish they made it more obvious that Loras was supposed to be Renly, but that's just a minor complaint.

Also I love Pod. Hope we get to see more of him.

Fury Sense

wait, who was the child sitting on the queen's lap towards the end?
I thought it was some kind of flashback or some shit. Is it another kid? Or just a figurative depiction of what a baby the king is?

Also, is Tyrion dead or what? At first it was just a cheek cut, fine, but then the other side bled... was his head cut in half just like that other guy?

Anyway, as far as battle episodes go, that's pretty much the gold standard for tv shows from here on out. I mean you can still tell where they were numbers deprived, and where they cut corners, but considering the scale of it all, it was a great way to deliver this climax.

Best moments:

1. Damn that Green Wildfire Explosion was ace. Reminds me of how comparably fucking awful the finale explosion of Walking Dead Season 1 was.

2. "Oh fuck me." Tyrion really pulled off the performance of the episode, no doubt.

3. Hound/Sansa scene.

sigh, if only every episode had such a budget

Loved it, but Rome still holds the title for best battle on tv.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0wQ_6cVXTQk

Volimar

yeah, i expected the type of CG work it would take to make it look like Dinklage's nose was plausibly gone was not worth the cost (and regular makeup would not work for this purpose, I don't think so), considering a grave facial scar would effectively do the same thing... make him uglier :p

Even though I've been spoiled on later events, I was afraid that slash had cut right through his head.

aceface

Best directed episode of the series, looked the best goddamn why can't every episode look like that. They need a Rome budget lol. You can tell they had to cut corners the whole rest of the season to do that. But damn.

zethren

Banned
I thought it was some kind of flashback or some shit. Is it another kid? Or just a figurative depiction of what a baby the kind is?

Also, is Tyrion dead or what? At first it was just a cheek cut, fine, but then the other side bled... was his head cut in half just like that other guy?

He was slashed across the face by a sword, so I can imagine he was hit with some decent amount of force. I would think he's only knocked out by it, and not killed by such a wound.

And that was Cersei's son on her lap. He's been seen a number of times throughout the seasons.

Edit: So Stannis is done in just like that? I expect an execution during the next episode, I suppose :p

Amir0x

Banned
I forsee the coming of lots of gore gifs.

The gore was a little LOL. The head split, the bodies being sliced literally in half, the rock to the skull. Still, I don't mind gore.

Haha, my roommate is freaking out.

CoK
WHAT THE FUCK!? IS TYRION DEAD!? DON'T TELL ME!

I thought this was an amazing battle. Kinda wish they made it more obvious that Loras was supposed to be Renly, but that's just a minor complaint.

Also I love Pod. Hope we get to see more of him.

I'm confused. You know about the Renly impersonation, but not the outcome of Tyrion? Or did you just notice the Renly armor?

But anyway, it is Garlan the Gallant who is supposed to impersonate Renly Baratheon.

LProtag

I'm confused. You know about the Renly impersonation, but not the outcome of Tyrion? Or did you just notice the Renly armor?

But anyway, it is Garlan the Gallant who is supposed to impersonate Renly Baratheon.

Er, I should have put that in quotes, that was my roommate screaming. I've read the books, well at least I'm halfway through ADWD. I know it's supposed to be Garlan but I figured like everyone else did that it was going to be Loras.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom