• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Game of Thrones - Season 2 - George RR Martin's Song of Ice and Fire - Sundays on HBO

Status
Not open for further replies.
Seems like I missed a moment or something while typing a tweet but didn't Sansa run off with Clegane? Why is she appearing in the preview with Littlefinger?

Forkball

Damn that was an intense episode. Green fire costs $10 million apparently. I can't wait to see what happens next week. I recently got the first four books and I cannot wait to tear into them.

Gruco

Banned
Enormously high expectations met.

Few tweaks from the book, but I can hardly complain about how well it turned out. The last minute rescue by Tywin and Loras comes across, as well as how desperate Tyrion was and how confused things got in the chaos towards the end.

Best part about this episode is that it establishes the value of focusing on a single storyline for the full episode. My hope s that they at least move n the direction of these sort of main theme story arcs and at least mix them between the everything to everyone style episodes that make up the bulk of the series on a more frequent basis.

Matrix

LeBron loves his girlfriend. There is no other woman in the world he’d rather have. The problem is, Dwyane’s not a woman.
:O That episode was amazing

Lax Mike

Neo Member
That episode was amazing. Amazing.

Those drums on board the ships were awesome at setting the tone. As soon as they started playing, I knew there wouldn't be any let down.

Amir0x

Banned
Here is a stupid question, why isnt Tywin king again?

it was Robert's Rebellion, not Tywin's.

And this wouldn't be the first time they axe a character on the show.

Of course, Garlan isn't important enough for me to give a fuck.

Did you expect The Hound to fuck around? No. The Hound does not fuck around.

yea, sure, but I wonder if it would ever be physically possible to slice an entire body in half in the place he did it. I guess I don't exactly know the science behind these things, but it didn't strike me as plausible. Who knows! I don't really care, it looked neat

Kud Dukan

Rory McCann (Sandor Clegane) was amazing tonight. So nice to see him get some amazing material, after being on the sidelines for so long.

Plasmid

Because he has no claim. The Baratheons are at least part Targaryen which is why Robert was able to take the throne. As "son" to Robert the throne belongs to Joffrey.

Baratheons are a part targaryen?

i didn't know this, i need to read faster.

Fuzzy

I would bang a hot farmer!
yea, sure, but I wonder if it would ever be physically possible to slice an entire body in half in the place he did it. I guess I don't exactly know the science behind these things, but it didn't strike me as plausible. Who knows! I don't really care, it looked neat
Sounds like we need them to do an episode of Mythbusters. :p

Gruco

Banned
Sweet Jesus The National Rains of Castamere is incredible.

I hope they get someone good to cover the Bear and the Maiden Fair!

Flo_Evans

Because he has no claim. The Baratheons are at least part Targaryen which is why Robert was able to take the throne. As "son" to Robert the throne belongs to Joffrey.

So what house is he from? I guess he is just a general military guy then?

Edit : oh he is a Lanister... Ok I think I need to look at one of those charts again lol

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
The gore was a little LOL. The head split, the bodies being sliced literally in half, the rock to the skull. Still, I don't mind gore.

I'm confused. You know about the Renly impersonation, but not the outcome of Tyrion? Or did you just notice the Renly armor?

But anyway, it is Garlan the Gallant who is supposed to impersonate Renly Baratheon.

Yeah, that's kind of what I thought. I mean, you can't really slice people's heads clean off unless you have magic weapons. You might be able to get through a neck, but a skull, completely cleanly?

LProtag

Sweet Jesus The National Rains of Castamere is incredible.

I hope they get someone good to cover the Bear and the Maiden Fair!

The use of it earlier in the show with a little explanation and then the juxtaposition of Tywin showing up and then it playing in the credits was great.

Arcade Fire for Bear and the Maiden Fair please.

KingK

Fucking great episode. I really, really love that rendition of The Rains of Castamere at the end. (ASOS)
Imagining that playing over the slaughter at the Red Wedding is giving me goosebumps.

Plasmid

few book spoilers about tyrion.

He's not dead is he? In the books he loses his nose doesn't he? I mean he's not dead as far as i know.

For most, do remember that in the fight Tyrion was in before he passed out, maybe he's just a lightweight :lol?

Lax Mike

Neo Member
So what house is he from? I guess he is just a general military guy then?

He's a Lannister. The Lannisters are one of the most powerful families in Westeros, and control a good chunk of land (Casterly Rock, Lannisport, etc.), but most importantly, they are extremely wealthy. He was instrumental in taking King's Landing for Robert, and in the end, wedded his daughter (Cersei) to Robert in order to ensure the Lannister family's future.

Emerson

May contain jokes =>
I hope they give The Rains of Castamere a little more backstory context before it becomes really relevant later on.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
Stannis' sword is the motherfucking sword of light. Shit's all blessed by the Red God.

Sure, but that was Ser Mandon.

Series in general
Plus, I'm pretty sure Stannis's sword is really just a regular ass sword.

Sure, but that was Ser Mandon.

Series in general
Plus, I'm pretty sure Stannis's sword is really just a regular ass sword.

Oh you talking about Mandon slicing Tyrion? It was a clean cut but it didn't go through the sword or anything. Maybe I missed what you're talking about.

So maybe the sword is more for show, but it's definitely got some chutzpah. edit: And they may ham up his sword, too, for the show.

Angry Grimace

Oh you talking about Mandon slicing Tyrion? It was a clean cut but it didn't go through the sword or anything. Maybe I missed what you're talking about.

So maybe the sword is more for show, but it's definitely got some chutzpah.

No, was referring to was two different subjects; the over the top gore + who it was that sliced Tyrion.

Sansa has to be above Lancel at least. She called the king a pussy to his face and no Bronn?
I like how Sophie Turner plays Sansa as super passive aggressive. It works really well because of the way Jack Gleeson plays Joffrey.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom