• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Games with a Blade Runner like aesthetics?

Zushin

Howdy folks,

Just finished watching Blade Runner for the first time and it's got me in the mood for a cyberpunk/dystopian sci-fi themed game. Anyone have any recommendations outside of Deus Ex (already played)? Not too fussed with the genre.

Cheers.

BladeRunner_PC_Game_(Front_Cover).jpg

Grisby

I thought Remember Me had some good blade runner bits. It really has a unique sci-fi setting with it's whole future Paris motif.

adamsapple

Or is it just one of Phil's balls in my throat?
The two new Deus Ex games are very visually inspired by Blade Runner. Definitely check those out if you haven't OP.

edit: sorry, you asked besides that.

higemaru

Perfect Dark has a level in Chicago that is sorta Blade Runner esque.

The Shadowrun games have always given me a BR vibe too although they lean more cyberpunk than neo noir.

HF2014

Just cant believe this game is nowhere to be found. It was amazing. Christ, i once had it, i just dont know what i did with it.

This game need a remaster!

Rygar 8 Bit

Jaguar 64-bit
shadowrun for snes the genesis one is ok but snes one is the best
syndicate old pc version the console ports are ok though

Qwyjibo

I remember renting this game way back in the day when a local store would still rent PC games. I re-played it a couple years ago. Obviously the graphics are rough as shit now but simply experiencing the story and atmosphere make the game still hold up today. Analyzing the crime scene photos and doing Voight Kampff tests? Hell yeah.

There was that Cyber-Punk point & click adventure game, what was it? It was from Wadget Eye Games or some company like that. Also Dex is pretty good. It is nearly a 2D Deus Ex game.

DashReindeer

Lead Community Manager, Outpost Games
This is a great thread that always needs to exist on this forum in some capacity. I have been playing a game of pen and paper 2nd edition Shadowrun for a few months now and it's always awesome to get more inspiration for dialogue and character building elements. Gonna be adding a bunch of the recommendations here to my Steam sale cart that I am amassing right now.

Still on the fence about VA-11 HALL-A though. One of the primary reasons I like cyberpunk stuff is the aesthetic and this game's anime artstyle just doesn't quite do it for me (I feel like I have been saying that a lot recently. What happened to me and anime? I used to love it.)

EDIT: Read Only Memories was a pretty good point and click cyberpunk adventure, though it's much less dystopian than Blade Runner.

Coreda

There was that Cyber-Punk point & click adventure game, what was it? It was from Wadget Eye Games or some company like that.

Was mentioned above: Gemini Rue. Pretty decent.

Wish there were more Snatcher-like games. The adult PC-98 game X-Girl ticks the right things in the graphics department. No idea what the actual game is like though.

M3d10n

Was mentioned above: Gemini Rue. Pretty decent.

Wish there were more Snatcher-like games. The adult PC-98 game X-Girl ticks the right things in the graphics department. No idea what the actual game is like though.

This kind of pixel art illustrations hit all my buttons. Damn.

Top Bottom