• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Gamespot rumor: Big third-party Xbox One exclusive at E3

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cornbread78

Where is this rumor coming from?

Hilarious if true.

It makes the most sense for MS and Crytek. Crytek can recoup some of the cost associated with purchasing the IP at auction, MS doesn't have to pay top dollar because it is a "B-Tier" game that has AAA status, and is beig developed by Crytek, which has some pull. There is also a good relationship with Crytek and MS, so it would make the most sense for both parties when they only have to focus on 1 plaform and can maximize profits when sharing the cost with MS for developement, or just accepting the exclusivity payment...

kinoki

Illness is the doctor to whom we pay most heed; to kindness, to knowledge, we make promise only; pain we obey.
Has to be Left4Dead3.....right?

Yes, Valve is making something exclusive to Microsoft...

The only way I see that happening is if Microsoft agreed to cancel Win8 and make it more Steam-friendly.

Tigress

Its a shame they cancelled an Obsidian XB1 game :(

Well that was dumb of them. That would have made me jealous as a PS4 owner (ok, so I base this all off of Fallout: New Vegas but that game was so good even with all the bugs you mention RPG+Obsidian and my ears perk up).

Elders of Scrolls VI or Fallout 4

just for the meltdowns

You know, earlier I said I'd be sad if it were Dragons Dogma 2 but I'd sacrifice it just so it wouldn't be Fallout... well, as much as it would kill me, I think I'd have to say the same for Elder Scrolls (That's a harder one, I liked Skyrim almost as much as I liked both Fallouts).

And yes, I would be one of those meltdowns for either game (just more so for Fallout).

xxracerxx

Don't worry, I'll vouch for them.
Has to be Left4Dead3.....right?

kbtV8zN.gif

Amir0x

Banned
but the previous sequels were only Microsoft (360 and PC). I'm saying it is likely, but I could see another titanfall scenario.

that or something from capcom.

The reason people think it's unlikely to happen now is because of the reported souring of the relationship between Valve and Microsoft over Microsoft's restrictive XBL policies. As far as I know, the reasons Valve was annoyed by the way MS handled their service still remain an issue, so I'm not sure they'd be like to offer them a console exclusive again (especially since PS4 is king this gen). That said, money talks, bullshit walks. Enough money and anything can happen.

I think Homefront 2 maybe an X1 exclusive, but that can't be the game that gets everyone excited. MS is shooting themselves in the foot if that is all they think they need to do to make a splash at E3.

Amir0x

Banned
I think Homefront 2 maybe an X1 exclusive, but that can't be the game that gets everyone excited. MS is shooting themselves in the foot if that is all they think they need to do to make a splash at E3.

They have plenty of stuff for E3. They don't think that's all they need.

MattyG

Banned
Well, eventually. Like Mass Effect 1, it took forever for the original Splinter Cell to show up on the PS3 in the HD collection they released.
It was on the PS2 when it originally released. The PS3 port wasn't it's first appearance on a PS console.

If that is their "big third-party exclusive"... Oh man, watching the reactions to that would be hilarious.

iamjohn

I can't imagine Homefront 2 being this "big" exclusive. I just can't. MS knows it can't afford another botched E3 and it will (try to) avoid it at all costs.

Well maybe its gonna look and seem compelling on stage. Even thought the first was a stinker (I enjoyed it to some extent) the second might be good.

AngryMoth

Why when talking about L4D do people think it's going to be on playstation, The franchise has never been on playstation.
It's more a question of why would it not be on playstation. PS4 is not difficult to develop for like ps3 was which is supposedly why valve didn't make anything for it until portal 2.

Amir0x

Banned
I can't imagine Homefront 2 being this "big" exclusive. I just can't. MS knows it can't afford another botched E3 and it will (try to) avoid it at all costs.

The ironic thing is that by no means was E3 2013 a "botched" event from a games perspective. They had games falling out of every orifice. It was just the huge DRM scandal perpetually hanging over their head that polluted most people's opinion of their show.

If they actually just replicated a show like that this year, most people would feel pretty comfortable saying they had a spectacular showing.

Some people here seem genuinely nervous about MS getting whatever franchise they particularly enjoy and keep hoping it's some IP that nobody really gives a damn about (i.e. Homefront).

Regardless, it would be quite the coup if MS grabbed one of the big MOBAs (LoL or DoTA). Perhaps Hearthstone though. Controls would be easy enough to port over.

The previous two L4Ds were 360 and PC only
and Mac lol

At a time when the 360 was absolutely dominating in shooter country. That's not the case anymore, and I'm pretty sure Portal 2 did pretty well for them on PS3. No way they miss out on the PlayStation audience.

Regardless, it would be quite the coup if MS grabbed one of the big MOBAs (LoL or DoTA). Perhaps Hearthstone though. Controls would be easy enough to port over.
How would a MOBA help them? Who is going to buy a $400 console just to play something they can run on most pcs without a problem for FREE? I don't think those games are ever coming to consoles, and if they do they won't be worth the trouble to port them.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom