• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Gamespot rumor: Big third-party Xbox One exclusive at E3

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kelsey

Banned
Peggle 2 is pretty meh to me, but PVZ is very addictive and has a nice competitive streak going for it.

I'm the opposite. PvZ is cute and funny but I find the actual gameplay to be a snooze-fest. Whereas with Peggle I love the new masters. Unfortunately it suffers from three problems:
1 - With only 5 masters, it feels like only half a game. But for 12 bucks it's fair
2 - One of the masters is completely overpowered
3 - It's a ball moving through some pegs. I can't believe they couldnt lock down 60 fps for this. Boggles my mind on some levels when the framerate seemingly goes from 60 down to 20 or lower. How about some quality control, EA?

3 - It's a ball moving through some pegs. I can't believe they couldnt lock down 60 fps for this. Boggles my mind on some levels when the framerate seemingly goes from 60 down to 20 or lower. How about some quality control, EA?

I never had any framerate issues except on one or two of the pre-match cut-scenes? Also, the lack of leaderboards is baffling

Do we know why KOTOR was Xbox (console) exclusive?
A couple of reasons. Bioware was a PC developer, and the xbox was close to PC.They also said they wanted to be the furst great RPG on the Xbox. It not having a lot of RPGs helped them stand out, and lead to MS and Bioware becoming close.

gaugebozo

Come on you guys, it would be news if there WAS NOT a big third party exclusive. I'm sure Sony will have one, and I'm sure Nint... never mind.

In before Bayonetta 2

gaugebozo

All 3 companies have them.

3DS is chock full of (Japanese) 3rd-party exclusives, and WiiU will have DQX All-in-One soon. =)

Nintendo has plenty of strong first party releases, but those seem incredibly niche to call "big third party", especially for an American games expo.

Batt1eRatt1e

Neo Member
I'm going full retard. It's Shenmue 3. I have to believe it is. MS has admitted multiple times it's the most requested game. If they really want to hurt Sony Shenmue will make it happen.

Sciortino

No chance that this is exclusive is something like Red dead, mass effect or a dragons dogma 2. But if it were to be an exclusive dragons dogma 2 for xbone, id have no choice but to buy one..

Jack Videogames

Gold Member
I just hope it's not Shenmue III because that would mean I would need to buy an Xbone, and after hearing the news I mentioned my wife the slight possibility of there being a chance of maybe considering the option to buy a new console after getting the WiiU in November and the PS4 in January.

It... didn't go so well.

level44

I'm going full retard. It's Shenmue 3. I have to believe it is. MS has admitted multiple times it's the most requested game. If they really want to hurt Sony Shenmue will make it happen.

I really think most people don't care about it apart from the hardcore on a few gaming forums. It wouldn't be a system seller.

Dabanton

If someone be that Sony, MS or Nintendo funds a Skies Of Arcadia 2 sequel I'll be over the moon.

I'd we're talking Sega games that need another shot that's a big one for me.

Andodalf

Banned
If we ever see a kotor 3 (we won't, Disney wants all new media in the time of the new movie), it should retcon swtor, and see a true kotor 3. And this game should take place in the home of the sith, with Jedi invading.

I really hope that the 3rd party exclusives for all platforms are new IPs instead of existing franchises. It really sucks to see existing and loved properties taken away from gamers.

Dusky

Going to go with Rainbow 6 on this one.

Guys, hear me out.

What if it's Rainbow 6. The new one, maybe it's still called patriots, maybe it isn't.

Timed exclusive for the Xbox One.

It would fit.

Yuup. I could see it being a timed deal, but full exclusivity is just as possible.

I'm having stronger feelings towards it being timed-exclusivity for a game with mainstream recognition.

Why risk supporting another new ip like Titanfall, and instead back a stable franchise for 6 months.

No one cares outside of gaming forums

So, instead of treating like some retro-classic, market it as a new game. The old fans and people who know the game won't care. The game style it represents is rare and stands apart from the shooty-shooty-bang-bang AAA console oatmeal on offer today. I still think Sega should re-release the first two by reworking that old Xbox code the same way Sabre Interactive did with Halo CE Anniversary. If and when there's a new, larger base of people who now know what it is and want more, they can seriously consider Shenmue III.

So, instead of treating like some retro-classic, market it as a new game. The old fans and people who know the game won't care. The game style it represents is rare and stands apart from the shooty-shooty-bang-bang AAA console oatmeal on offer today. I still think Sega should re-release the first two by reworking that old Xbox code the same way Sabre Interactive did with Halo CE Anniversary. If and when there's a new, larger base of people who now know what it is and want more, they can seriously consider Shenmue III.

This is the same Sega that won't translate Yakuza for the western market?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom