• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Gamespot rumor: Big third-party Xbox One exclusive at E3

Status
Not open for further replies.
Perhaps Rainbow Six?
Ubisoft made Conviction an Xbox 360 exclusive as well, so that's my current guess.
Rainbow Six: Patriots is definitely possible. Especially after the news last year that they were starting over on development. Microsoft could have swooped in and offered to help if they gave them exclusivity.

How would a MOBA help them? Who is going to buy a $400 console just to play something they can run on most pcs without a problem for FREE? I don't think those games are ever coming to consoles, and if they do they won't be worth the trouble to port them.

How does any F2P game on any console help? Not quite understanding the argument here as the model has been proven to work quite well on the PS4 already (Warframe, etc.)

Yaoibot

Its astonishing how horribly worded the source quote is. Even the shitastic grammar check in Word could have eliminated half of those errors.

How does any F2P game on any console help? Not quite understanding the argument here as the model has been proven to work quite well on the PS4 already (Warframe, etc.)
I don't really think F2P game help a console much anyway. I mean, nobody is buying a PS4 for Warframe. It's a great game and its fun to play once you have one, but that's not the reason people bought a PS4. F2P games aren't going to get more consoles off shelves. And I just don't see there being many console MOBA players to begin with. I'm not a fan of the genre, but it definitely seems like you need to multitask a ton of things that wouldn't translate well to a controller.

I don't see it being hard for EA giving MS 1 year exclusive access to KOTOR 3 at all. EA is the type of company to throw them a bone like that, especially a series that has its roots on Xbox.

Sobriquet

I've just read Danny Bilson's comments in another thread, the former THQ dude and when he said he knows who's paying for Devil's Third, I thought of that 'huge' Japanese exclusive Microsoft have been hiding.

I wonder if it is Devils Third? If I'm right I'm going to spit my coffee all over my fucking laptop like a baws.
Didn't Spencer deny that? Just something I believe I read on here. Hopefully someone remembers. :/

V_Ben

Banned
Guys, hear me out.

What if it's Rainbow 6. The new one, maybe it's still called patriots, maybe it isn't.

Timed exclusive for the Xbox One.

It would fit.

Why when talking about L4D do people think it's going to be on playstation, The franchise has never been on playstation.
That would actually be a good reason to release it on PS4. They could do like with L4D2 and port all the content from the previous game. L4D2 is 2 games in one now.

Also, Source 2 is supposed to be OpenGL only, which would actually reduce the possibility of it coming out even for Xbox One. PS4 has more chance than Xbox in that regard.

With Valve it's not about being in a platform previously or not, it's about what their engine allows. Source 2007 not supporting PS3 is why it didn't ever see a L4D. They updated their engine and now even most of their older games are available on Linux and Mac.

mattp

I don't see it being hard for EA giving MS 1 year exclusive access to KOTOR 3 at all. EA is the type of company to throw them a bone like that, especially a series that has its roots on Xbox.
you're nuts if you think ea is throwing anyone a bone. they're a business. if a game is exclusive it's because Microsoft cut a deal with them

klodeckel

Banned
I think based on all rumors/infos so far, Rainbow Six seems to be a good guess, hu? Would also pretty much fit into MS online multiplayer vision.

Do we know why KOTOR was Xbox (console) exclusive?

Not sure, but Kotor was a pretty complex game for its time, I'm not sure if the PS2 could have handled that game. But in the process, MS and Bioware developed a good relationship. They gave MS Star Wars games, Jade Empire and the original exclusive Mass Effect.

Between Xbox and PC, Bioware has really been close to Microsoft the past decade.

you're nuts if you think ea is throwing anyone a bone.

Definitely throwing them a bone because some companies might not even take the risk giving Microsoft an exclusive with how well PS4 is doing. EA is one of the few companies who would out of choice and not just desperation for money like Platinum.

Sobriquet

Not sure, but Kotor was a pretty complex game for its time, I'm not sure if the PS2 could have handled that game. But in the process, MS and Bioware developed a good relationship. They gave MS Star Wars games, Jade Empire and the original exclusive Mass Effect.

Between Xbox and PC, Bioware has really been close to Microsoft the past decade.
Ah yeah, I had actually forgotten that they were independent in that era. Seems so long ago. IIRC, most (if not all) of those games were published by MS.

shaowebb

Whatever the exclusive is I'm betting that it has a main protagonist flopping around a gun.
Who wants to give odds its either an FPS, or 3rd person shooter? Anyone? I'm thinking like 9 to 1 odds FPS or 3rd person shooter.

;_; what I wouldn't give for action games to take over and boot out the multiplayer gun multiplayer circle jerk.

Apath

Why when talking about L4D do people think it's going to be on playstation, The franchise has never been on playstation.
Because since then we've had both Counter-Strike GO and Portal 2 as multiplatform releases, with no title from Valve being exclusive outside of the PC. Unless Microsoft does pay for exclusive rights (which will more than likely be limited or for just the single game and not any sequels), it is difficult to imagine Valve doing the same with L4D3 as they did with L4D 1 & 2.

blakep267

its probably league of legends. I can see gamespot thinking thats huge, plus MS is going to need a game like that if they launch in China

Ill say Shenmue 3. PS has hinted at it multiple times, its big (yeah, it is!), and totes unexpected.

It can't really be "big" if its a new IP, right? That specific verbage would indicate its an already established franchise, yes?

MK vs. KI would be too sick. Bird flu.

Of course they're gonna say "it's gonna be big" no matter what it is.

Jigorath

Banned
Dragon's Dogma 2 XBO exclusive will really kneecap the sales in Japan. If Capcom wants to make it a major franchise ala Monster Hunter then I don't think they're going to make it Xbox exclusive. Just my interpretation though.

"crappy indie titles that are more at home on my iPhone." is a more recognisable asset of the PS4 isn't it?

Peggle 2 is pretty meh to me, but PVZ is very addictive and has a nice competitive streak going for it.

Dragon's Dogma 2 XBO exclusive will really kneecap the sales in Japan. If Capcom wants to make it a major franchise ala Monster Hunter then I don't think they're going to make it Xbox exclusive. Just my interpretation though.

We need clarification on just how they consider this series. They had a conference not too long ago and listed the franchises that they felt were the future or something like that. DD as well as Megaman didn't make the cut, Lost Planet somehow did though. As much suck it would be, I wouldn't be surprised if Capcom considers it a one and done.

abadguy

Banned

If it's the sort of situation where Capcom isn't looking to make the game on their own and MS is funding it( the most likely case if it ever were to come to pass) then the game wouldn't exist at all without MS backing it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom