• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Gamespot rumor: Big third-party Xbox One exclusive at E3

Status
Not open for further replies.

sleepykyo

dream on.

yeah it is gonna be an ea game. poor ea can't catch a break. they partnered with ps3 last gen with medal of honour, dead space. now they're doing it on xbone with peggle 2, garden warfare, etc.

just be like activision. promote different games on different systems. don't put all your eggs in a single basket.

huh? Activision did the same with call of duty last gen. I've always pictured the Sony partnerships as Microsoft passing on the deal and Sony picking up the scraps.

wapplew

I wonder what would happen it a game like FIFA or GTA ever goes exclusive.

The other company could essentially pack their bags and move on to other things :D

I would very much see this happen.
Last time a console didn't get EA sport franchise, gave birth of 2K series. It will be interesting to see what first party studio able to come up with.

mike4001_

Could basically be everything.

The bigger the francise the more money MS has to pay.

But on the other hand also the more consoles they will ship with this bigger franchise.

Generally a basic calculation. Pay XY Millions for francise X, ship XY more consoles which will bring in fees from game licenses in the future.

wbarreda

Yeah, maybe... But I also recall a few people swearing up and down that Ace Combat 6 was going to be multiplat as well. Ironically, when it didn't come to pass the "It's not that good anyways", "Worst in the entire series" and a few other choice bits of denial and ire. Even a few "Can't wait for H.A.W.X." posts and we all know how that turned out... Not saying the exclusive wont be "timed", but it's still technically could be possible.

I have no doubt that whatever exclusive Microsoft gets will be downplayed by some just like Titanfall was. I just don’t think, and this is just my opinion, that the economics make sense for a publisher to make one of its major franchise exclusive to one platform. As for “timed”exclusive , I guess anything is possible.

Radec

Plot twist: Project Beast is actually an Xbone exclusive. There's no Japan Studio logo in the leak that someone from 4chan leaked.

Salex_

Plot twist: Project Beast is actually an Xbone exclusive. There's no Japan Studio logo in the leak that someone from 4chan leaked.

After the black screen that says "Sony Computer Entertainment presents" Japan Studios is always next. We'd have to see the very beginning of the trailer to see that part.

LowerLevel

I have no doubt that whatever exclusive Microsoft gets will be downplayed by some just like Titanfall was. I just don’t think, and this is just my opinion, that the economics don't make sense for a publisher to make one of its major franchise exclusive to one platform. As for “timed”exclusive , I guess anything is possible.

I agree. But I can imagine a publisher taking guaranteed "upfront" monies, if it's high enough, and possibly calling it a wash and putting those funds towards the next installment. But, yes, it possibly wouldn't make sense to ignore a large established fan base

huh? Activision did the same with call of duty last gen. I've always pictured the Sony partnerships as Microsoft passing on the deal and Sony picking up the scraps.

Why would you picture them? Do you really think MS didn't want to get in on Destiny and Watchdogs, the two biggest games of the year?

i hope it's big. i truly hate sony. i dislike their entire company. from tv's to phones. i would love nothing more than a big game on the xbone. 720p, exclusively not on playstation.
Hurts being on the defensive, huh?

This is why I'm glad I'm not a console fanboy. But it's damn funny seeing them do their thang.

B.O.O.M

It just could be just the new HomeFront game tho. It might not be a 'big' game but EA/MS might make a big deal out of it

Being exclusive might actually help it's chances given how poorly the first game was received

xxracerxx

Don't worry, I'll vouch for them.
i hope it's big. i truly hate sony. i dislike their entire company. from tv's to phones. i would love nothing more than a big game on the xbone. 720p, exclusively not on playstation.

"Ah, my son. So angry. Rage is a monster that will destroy you from within. Raphael, a true warrior finds balance in all things."

bidguy

Banned
It just could be just the new HomeFront game tho. It might not be a 'big' game but EA/MS might make a big deal out of it

Being exclusive might actually help it's chances given how poorly the first game was received

homefront 2 will be multiplat according to shinobi

edit: and x1/ps4/pc only

B.O.O.M

homefront 2 will be multiplat according to shinobi

edit: and x1/ps4/pc only

I see..well I trust him as he has been pretty accurate so far. Then I can only see capcom as a viable option. Return of Onimusha maybe?

Maybe Ubi....Beyond good and evil 2 exclusive now?

you guys are already port beggin a game that doesn't exist or know what it even is yet?

As you say how can it be port begging if the game isn't announced yet? It's a comment based on something said by, iirc BruceLeeRoy, about this being timed

Bsigg12

GAF would forever be down.

I think I'm gonna go with a Jade Empire reboot with Devil May Cry/Bayonetta combat.

Cognitive Dissonance, Distilled

Leaks were from MS to get PS4 owners to jump ship after truth is revealed.

Cognitive Dissonance, Distilled
I have no doubt that whatever exclusive Microsoft gets will be downplayed by some just like Titanfall was.

And they were right weren't they? It seems the game failed to do for XBone what it was intended to do. It didn't turn out to be the must-have phenomenon MS and many in the press painted it as.

rrc1594

I'm telling you guys it Rainbow Six for early 2015, Then Fable spring. Then QB Summer time. This is all a guess, but a educated guess

sleepykyo

Why would you picture them? Do you really think MS didn't want to get in on Destiny and Watchdogs, the two biggest games of the year?

maybe Microsoft felt those were overpriced? We've seen Microsoft work wonders for mass effect, dead rising, publishing gears of war and that titanfall tweet where it was always Microsoft for the first installment.

do you really think Sony can outbid Microsoft?

Bsigg12

Off Topic, but will they live stream the AMD & Microsoft Game Developer Day tomorrow anywhere

I can't find anything. There's no NDA so we'll have to see who mentions what on Twitter or if any European blogs/sites are going to live blog it.

The event starts at 9am in Stockholm which is 3am EST.

I think I'm gonna go with a Jade Empire reboot with Devil May Cry/Bayonetta combat.

si9on.gif

sleepykyo

It is going to be dmc5. DmC hurt the franchise and Microsoft is going to help restore the brand. This is the gen, where Microsoft fixes capcom one brand at a time.

And they were right weren't they? It seems the game failed to do for XBone what it was intended to do. It didn't turn out to be the must-have phenomenon MS and many in the press painted it as.
Titanfall is a quality game no doubt about it. The franchise has a ton potential. I think MS were wise to push it. It isnt selling like crazy but I think its doing pretty well for a new IP. I think if respawn would have put more love into the presentation with a different engine it might have a bigger impact. The game doesn't scream go buy a new expensive box. Titanfall might not be a system seller for everyone but I think its a part in the ever growing reasons why everyone should get an Xbox 🎮 this Gen.

you guys are already port beggin a game that doesn't exist or know what it even is yet?

This whole thread is damn near port begging.

And you guys? Hell I want a full exclusive game, but MS is gonna have to pay a large sum of cash to steal a current popular series, and I wouldn't be surprised if they aren't willing to go that far.

That's why I'm betting on a series revival like Kotor.

GeoramA

Jade Empire was the driving force behind me getting an OG back in the day. Loved that game so much. A reboot or a sequel would be great, but it'll probably never ever happen.

i don't think it would also be worth the investment for MS.

Depends on how serious Spencer is about making the console truly about games, and if they do that, they have to add variety. Don't need to go just shooters and AAA titles, need some japanese games up in there too. What better place than Capcom?

Bsigg12

Jade Empire was the driving force behind me getting an OG back in the day. Loved that game so much. A reboot or a sequel would be great, but it'll probably never ever happen.

With Microsoft, you never know. They brought Killer Instinct back and published Lococycle. If they paid EA to have Bioware Austin make it, it could certainly be interesting.

pixlexic

Banned
Even if it's timed exclusive Capcom will loose a lot of money to delay the game on purpose for PS4 and i don't think it would also be worth the investment for MS.

You are trying way too hard dude.

no he is not .it is exactly what is happening. People are defending against a game that doesn't exist just because someone said BIG exclusive.

sublimit

Banned
Depends on how serious Spencer is about making the console truly about games, and if they do that, they have to add variety. Don't need to go just shooters and AAA titles, need some japanese games up in there too. What better place than Capcom?

And Capcom really needs the money from multiplatform sales more than ever before.Especially for games like DD that sold well to both West and Japan (where MS is a joke).
In order for DD2 to be timed exclusive Capcom will ask A LOT of money something that i think will not be worth for MS.

no he is not .it is exactly what is happening. People are defending against a game that doesn't exist just because someone said BIG exclusive.

I think people like Statham are more like wishing that people were "port beggin" when in reality very few people give a shit just yet.

With Microsoft, you never know. They brought Killer Instinct back and published Lococycle. If they paid EA to have Bioware Austin make it, it could certainly be interesting.

Certainly helps that both the EA and Bioware to MS relationship is strong. Might get blown out the water and get multiple exclusives from them.

I think KOTOR will need to make the shift from RPG to action RPG. I always did prefer Jedi Academy to KOTOR because of the real time lightsaber combat, this time Bioware should take some of the good parts of Force Unleashed. Hell EA, use your own game Kingdom of Amalur as an example.

And not take fucking forever to get a lightsaber.

Ushiwaka

Almost 50 pages of speculation (well now its 50 pages lol.). c'mon insider-GAF, leak something already! Seriously, can't someone give us a hint or something?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom