• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Gamespot rumor: Big third-party Xbox One exclusive at E3

Status
Not open for further replies.

xxracerxx

Don't worry, I'll vouch for them.
Do you really think From Software would agree to making Souls games exclusive to two competing platforms? :lol

gzRZKGF.gif

hmmm I think it's cryrek related but it would be funny to see them announce titianfall 2 as an exclusive.......the salt would drain from the earth

Have you seen Project Beast?

That was my point. Making Project Beast exclusive to PS4 and Dark Souls III exclusive to XB1 would be a disaster. You're incentivizing your fanbase to move to one platform, then releasing your next game on the opposite platform.

Edit: It seems everyone was confused as to what I meant!

Tigress

hmmm I think it's cryrek related but it would be funny to see them announce titianfall 2 as an exclusive.......the salt would drain from the earth

As some one who has no interest in Titanfall, I'd have to agree. Though this only is amusing when it's not a game you personally care about ;).

(if it was fallout a lot of the salt would be coming from me for example).

Internet Truths From My Arse:
1) ntkrnl was a controlled leak. Microsoft needed positive news badly, and confirmation of their plans until 2016 would be the sort of thing that they needed.
2) At this point, we can safely assume that ntkrnl was basically entirely accurate as of his posting. Plans do change though (see Titanfall's special edition console getting scrapped).
3) endgadget's leak of Master Chief Collection was also a controlled leak.
4) Gamespot's article in the OP is also a controlled leak, and it's almost certainly the Platinum Games project.

I wonder what MS's big closer will be this year.

Secret 3rd party game or Halo? Between Halo 5, Halo Collection and Halo TV we could have a half hour of Halo at this thing.

On Demand

Banned
Dark Souls is part of the Games with Gold program this month...a hint about announcing Dark Souls 3 may be timed exclusive?

You could also say they did that because of Beast Souls.

But now we're getting into make up land. So forget it.

Any rumors about mistwalker making an XB1 game?

JaggedSac

Better not be anything Souls related or MS chasing the Souls audience because, well, I could give a poop about that, lol. So screw the folks that like that crap, and make stuff for me :)

Maybe it has and we just don't know it yet!

I'd be willing to bet that's the case. Just a process of elimination now.

Better not be anything Souls related or MS chasing the Souls audience because, well, I could give a poop about that, lol. So screw the folks that like that crap, and make stuff for me :)

Co-sign, I'll gladly take the "inferior" Dogma series over Souls. Give me hack n slash over strategic slashing anytime.

Internet Truths From My Arse:
1) ntkrnl was a controlled leak. Microsoft needed positive news badly, and confirmation of their plans until 2016 would be the sort of thing that they needed.
2) At this point, we can safely assume that ntkrnl was basically entirely accurate as of his posting. Plans do change though (see Titanfall's special edition console getting scrapped).
3) endgadget's leak of Master Chief Collection was also a controlled leak.
4) Gamespot's article in the OP is also a controlled leak, and it's almost certainly the Platinum Games project.

Lol. Every leak is a controlled one! In fact this thread is a controlled three merely created to drum up interest on GAF.

These twitter cranks are like the psychic cold readers of the gaming news world.

Anyone with a keen interest in gaming and plenty of time on their hands could do it and achieve the same accuracy.

As with 'real' psychics, you get people willing to latch on to the things they get right, and fail to remember the countless things that were wrong, or too vague.

I'm sure that some people do occasionally get info but come on, most of the time this is clearly attention seeking bollocks.

I've never seen someone so perfectly describe it.

ryan299

I wonder what MS's big closer will be this year.

Secret 3rd party game or Halo? Between Halo 5, Halo Collection and Halo TV we could have a half hour of Halo at this thing.

I don't think Halo is going to be that big at all. All I'm expecting for Halo 5 is a trailer. Not expecting a demo at all. Pretty sure the Halo tv series haven't gone into production yet so don't expect to see footage for that unless its a CGI tease.

As for the halo collection I'm not sure. I kinda expect only a trailer for it. No reason to demo games that have already been out and that most of your fanbase has already played.

iMax

They'd want to do that by posting news on their blog, not teasing 2016 games on a message board. Is it really so hard to believe that someone had this information and decided to break NDAs and share it? Why must everything be a grand conspiracy?

They're just putting out feelers. Saying something without saying it. Generating hype without explicitly announcing products. It's common.

Personally, I find it hard to believe that somebody would have access to this kind of information without being relatively high up within IEB. And I find it even harder to believe that someone with a high-ranking job would be prepared to leak tons of information that could easily compromise his or her position.

Nothing has to be a grand conspiracy. I just don't think we should rule it out. It doesn't add up.

iMax

Has anyone said Splinter Cell? They've done it before. Only thing that stumps me there is it's probably a bit too soon.

Rainbow 6 is my preferred candidate, though. And Ubisoft is definitely announcing at least one new game this year (I know, no shit!). Vegas was synonymous with Xbox 360. It fits.

Tagg9

Has anyone said Splinter Cell? They've done it before. Only thing that stumps me there is it's probably a bit too soon.

Rainbow 6 is my preferred candidate, though. And Ubisoft is definitely announcing at least one new game this year (I know, no shit!). Vegas was synonymous with Xbox 360. It fits.

I suspect they'll give Splinter Cell a few years' break after the lackluster performance of the last game.

Blacklist was a strange one.

I remember the game's overall press coverage being relatively negative and awkward, since the game recasted Fisher and that got a negative response, and the game's marketing emphasis on 'look guys, we're going back to our roots! No more Convictions bullshit, but you can still play it that way if you like! 3 different styles!"

And then it felt like there wasn't any significant marketing push behind Blacklist in the lead-up to launch.

Also didn't help that Convictions had a poor response, and was console exclusive to the 360. It probably didn't exactly help to spur sales when the previous game, which was already exclusive was seen as a 'meh' entry in the franchise.

Well it'll be a shame if they suspend development just because of sales figures. It was received quite well critically. Considering Ubisoft Toronto was basically set up to lead the franchise going forward, I find it hard to believe they're not working on a sequel.

I personally think they'll continue. ( We haven't heard of any lay-offs or anything )

Blacklist underperformed, but it still sold a decent 2 million copies. And the reality was that the game came off the heels of the negatively received Convictions.

Krakn3Dfx

Levar Burton only mentioned Xbox in his Reading Rainbow Kickstarter update as the console the Reading Rainbow app would come to.

Mystery solved.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom