• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Gamestop Conference: God of War 1 & 2 Collection on Blu Ray this Fall w/ Trophies $40

Muffdraul

Violater said:
So we have officially given up hope for BC and given into rebuying the games we may already own?

Yep. The driving issue for me has always been that PS2 games look like a cat's encrusted butthole on my HDTV. This will remedy that to at least some degree. The fact that my launch 60GB PS3 bricked a few months ago and I can't be bothered to send it in for repairs might also be a factor... :D

I would gladly, thankfully, lovingly throw down my hard earned cash for MGS2/3, Silent Hill 2/3/4, FFX/XII, Xenosaga I/II/III blu-ray collections.

Chrono

Banned
So I was just googling for Uncharted sales and in the process discovered that a God of War collection of 1 and 2 is coming out in November, with both games in 720p and improved image quality. AFTER THE FIRST TWO GAMES JUST SHIPPED FROM AMAZON LIKE A DAY AGO. This all happened way after this was announced. :'(

Gotta keep up with the gaming side more dammit.

I played the first and wanted to replay it before 2 and later 3, god fucking dammit. 40 dollars gone. Two useless game copies. *bangs head against wall*

Oh well I'll use them to compare video quality between them and the revamped ones. I'll also see how good PS3 scaling of PS2 games is with this. 2 if I remember correctly has a code for better graphics but it destabilized frame rate and increased tearing, right? I expect the difference between the PS2 and PS3 versions of it to be bigger than the first one.

Reallink

Chrono said:
So I was just googling for Uncharted sales and in the process discovered that a God of War collection of 1 and 2 is coming out in November, with both games in 720p and improved image quality. AFTER THE FIRST TWO GAMES JUST SHIPPED FROM AMAZON LIKE A DAY AGO. This all happened way after this was announced. :'(

Gotta keep up with the gaming side more dammit.

I played the first and wanted to replay it before 2 and later 3, god fucking dammit. 40 dollars gone. Two useless game copies. *bangs head against wall*

Oh well I'll use them to compare video quality between them and the revamped ones. I'll also see how good PS3 scaling of PS2 games is with this. 2 if I remember correctly has a code for better graphics but it destabilized frame rate and increased tearing, right? I expect the difference between the PS2 and PS3 versions of it to be bigger than the first one.

Do Huh? Why can't you just return them or take the package to the post office and claim you're refusing shipment?

Chrono

Banned
_leech_ said:
Every time this thread gets bumped I keep hoping it's because screenshots got released :(

Sorry. :(

Reallink said:
Do Huh? Why can't you just return them or take the package to the post office and claim you're refusing shipment?

The package has other games I want, and it's going to a forwading service that sends it outside the US.

You know that package also has Ico and Shadow of the Colossus, neither which I never played before (Ico just a bit at the beginning) and now I'm hesitating to play them because the same thing might happen before The Last Guardian is out. Blah, they're great games apparently so I'll replay them again if that happens.

Zanmato

Banned
_leech_ said:
Every time this thread gets bumped I keep hoping it's because screenshots got released :(
Just look at God of War 3. It's basically God of War 2 HD.

2im24aq.png

Muffdraul said:
Yep. The driving issue for me has always been that PS2 games look like a cat's encrusted butthole on my HDTV. This will remedy that to at least some degree. The fact that my launch 60GB PS3 bricked a few months ago and I can't be bothered to send it in for repairs might also be a factor... :D

I would gladly, thankfully, lovingly throw down my hard earned cash for MGS2/3, Silent Hill 2/3/4, FFX/XII, Xenosaga I/II/III blu-ray collections.

I would switch teams if i could get the international edition of this.

Zanmato said:
Just look at God of War 3. It's basically God of War 2 HD.

Essentially true, but you are cruising for a bruising.

Pelydr

mediocrity at its best
I will buy this and then I probably won't care about GOW3 next year. Honestly, this is both really good and bad, right?

Actually nevermind, I'm sure GOW3 will look good enough to warrant a purchase.

Orlics

HM. I know that PS2 games are region locked, and my 60 GB PS3 is from Asia. Does anyone know if this will work if I buy it in the States???

MoxManiac

Orlics said:
HM. I know that PS2 games are region locked, and my 60 GB PS3 is from Asia. Does anyone know if this will work if I buy it in the States???

The collection will be region free, but you'll probably need a US PSN account to redeem the demo.

Orlics said:
Should work fine. There is no region block on PS3 games, and this technically is a PS3 game. You'll probably have to set up a US PSN account to download the demo though.

AndyD

aka andydumi
bumpkin said:
Yum. Now if only the package had Chains of Olympus too. Then it would *truly* be a collection. :D
Except it would not work on the PS3... unless there was a PSP emulator and COO was downloadable.

Jim

AndyD said:
Except it would not work on the PS3... unless there was a PSP emulator and COO was downloadable.

It could always include a voucher to download Chains of Olympus for the PSP.

AndyD

aka andydumi
Jim said:
It could always include a voucher to download Chains of Olympus for the PSP.

I know. The problem is for those without a PSP. It would add to the cost needlessly for those with just a PS3. And its not like this would be playable on the PSP for those without a PS3. So its market would be limited to those with both systems or willing to shell out for the other system if they only have one.

Top Bottom