• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Gametrailers Best of 2014 Awards

Kolgar

They don't even have a driving/racing category anymore? I mean, I know the genre is on the wane, but they should have resurrected one just for Forza Horizon 2.

At least it got best Xbox One exclusive.

Wow at P.T. being best PS4 exclusive. But then... it is. (That's not a slam--it's fantastic.)

Also nice to see Nintendo games well represented. That's quality stuff.

I'm really enjoying all those sweet salty tears of haters and everyone screaming against Hearthstone and it winning GT's GOTY.

Ignore them and keep up the good work GT. Really nice list of nominees, and nice genre/exclusive lists overall.

Wagram

Dark Souls 2 won best RPG well deserved. Might be a "B Team" effort but still better than everything else. How unfortunate.

sn00zer

I'm really enjoying all those sweet salty tears of haters and everyone screaming against Hearthstone and it winning GT's GOTY.

Ignore them and keep up the good work GT. Really nice list of nominees, and nice genre/exclusive lists overall.

I never understood why people have to like every game of the year winner, or any winner really. If somoene likes something more than you that doesnt mean they are wrong.

They don't even have a driving/racing category anymore? I mean, I know the genre is on the wane, but they should have resurrected one just for Forza Horizon 2.

At least it got best Xbox One exclusive.

Wow at P.T. being best PS4 exclusive. But then... it is. (That's not a slam--it's fantastic.)

Also nice to see Nintendo games well represented. That's quality stuff.

I give it to Forza Horizon 2 and talk about the category in my personal picks video. The award has been entirely up to me for several years anyways, and we needed to trim videos this year to keep the workload manageable. It could totally come back in the future though.

I love all of the Hearthstone hate. I would be willing to be that half of the people complaining never played it. It should win GotY. Go to Twitch and see how many viewers it has. Check and see the amount of players. Play the damn game instead of whining. Hearthstone is big, and if Blizzard plays their cards right, it will be here to stay.

Well, that's enough of GAF for today...

Hasney

I love all of the Hearthstone hate. I would be willing to be that half of the people complaining never played it. It should win GotY. Go to Twitch and see how many viewers it has. Check and see the amount of players. Play the damn game instead of whining. Hearthstone is big, and if Blizzard plays their cards right, it will be here to stay.

vqGeMsr.gif

Jeels

I felt like things were way too heavy on Blizzard. Give other developers their chance at the spotlight.

spekkeh

Banned

Would you say it's as big as CoD or FIFA? I can see it's bigger than Bayonetta 2 that much is true.

shintoki

sparkle this bitch

You mean its the same thing as what happened with League and DOTA? Largely showing how console centric most Gaffers are, when PC has a far larger fanbase.

Bayonetta 2 will probably sell around a million, but will be one of the most talked about games here. Hearthstone has already 20million players and just looking at revenue.

Blizzard received a spike of 383million in the past year from Digital Revenue, largely thanks to Hearthstone.

And similar to League/DOTA, the title is still growing. Both of those have only been getting more popular since their release back in 2009 and 2011, with DOTA only coming readily available in 2012. But it doesn't fit into the same mold as the "AAA" gaming seen on consoles very much. Another good example of this perception is PC exclusive lists.

Hasney

I felt like things were way too heavy on Blizzard. Give other developers their chance at the spotlight.

Eh, they have to step up then. Blizzard has to slip up or other developers have to bring out so etching better.

That said, I've never properly got into a Blizzard game until this Hearthstone. This has really grabbed me by the balls though.

Gold_Loot

Don't get me wrong ,Hearthstone is a fine game and all, but

Popularity doesn't equate to a quality product. If that was the case, Transformers the movie would have won the best picture Oscar.

Kapow

Far Cry 4 and Hearthstone are the best games I've played this year so it's nice to see them win their respective categories.

Trying to avoid playing Hearthstone because I dont need another new addiction. I spent so much time and money on MTG and YGO back in the day ;_;

Top Bottom