• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Gametrailers Thread: Good Night and Good Game

SirCrush

Deserved.

I don't care what anyone says, GT has the most - I'll use the word "classy" - video reviews on the internet, or anywhere, for that matter. Idunno who writes them but kudos, whoever you are.

And the other original content they produce is also pretty legit, though I really only watch Bonus Round and The Final Bosman outside of the reviews.

subscribed

i got into the final bosman thanks to gaf at the start. and now i watch/listen to GT Time for Bosman but i like the show. i will give the huber show a chance i like him on the bets with bosman or the first 15 minute plays they do. ive never even heard of that monday trailers show i might check that out too and keep meaning to watch tabletop adventures. so thats quite a bit of stuff

Angelcurio

The Final Bosman has been the only videogame show that has managed to catch me as a follower, and so far i haven't missed a single episode since it's inception with it's do's and dont's for the PS4 announcement conference in 2013. I have it included as a permanent activity on my thursday to do list.

Hasney

Found Bosmans GAF account.

ibuqnr3v8gxdC7.gif

Salty Hippo

Used to be a fan of GT back in the Shane days, then they fired almost everyone that made the site interesting and now we have clowns like Bosman and Hinck at the helm. I know everyone here loves Kyle and I'm already bracing myself for a million quotes, but I think he's a terrible podcast host and his views on things are often pretentious.

The quality of their reviews has also dropped significantly in the past few years in my opinion. Still enjoy watching Bonus Round for the guests but that's pretty much it these days.

Hasney

Suscribed, and really, I love all GT shows, except tabletop adventures because I don't understand how to play those damn games.

It's worth sticking with as they do teach them, although GT player is the worst on those videos as they're so long, so maybe wait for them to appear on YT.

If you still can't get into it, check out the episodes they do with Fiasco instead of D&D. That game has even more insanity (once you get past the lengthy setup that can be skipped).

Szeth

GT is my favourite site. Love all the people there and all the content they put out. Huber Hype was awesome (sneak peak on last night's stream) can't wait for it to go live!

Woffls

Awesome. GT do my favourite video content by far. Mandatory Update and Bosman are so fun to watch. I also loved Tabletop Adventures Fiasco ep1 because by that point I was just enjoying watching them sit around a table having a laugh.

Not sure what it is about GT, they've just got this vibe man I dunno.

Oh, and GT Time is now my favourite podcast.

SeanTSC

Yay, Gametrailers is definitely my favorite gaming media site. I love all of those shows, especially Mandatory Update and Tabletop Adventures. Been watching their daily Twitch streams for a while now too.

I LOVE Gametrailers. Big fan of their retrospectives and video reviews.

Brandon Jones is the Superman of the industry and Michael Huber is my hero.

Hasney

So I enjoyed Huber Hype, but I think he needs to find his feet a little bit and polish up his presentation from a couple of ums and ers, but other than that, solid debut. I'm sure the little things will come in time.

What was cool was that he mentioned what else was coming up in the week, so we have a Spiderman Final Bosman, a Dragonball review and Countdown this week is top 10 New Game +'s.

DasRaven

Subbed, both here and at YT. I've been a regular viewer of Final Bosman and always enjoyed the Bonus Round podcast. This will just make it all the simpler to discover the other talent on GT.

Hasney

Awesome job on this. Missing a couple Twitter handles from what I can see.

Matt Blair @Mattius14
Andrea Rene @andrearene

Also that GT Reviews channel will be getting an updated URL / username, hopefully soon.

Cheers, added. Should have remembered Andrea since it was her final GT News talking about the Reviews channel that reminded me we still needed one of these.

wiibomb

just watched the huber show, its not bad, but it needs more work, and the bonus bit at the end is a very nice touch, but I would make a suggestion..

make the GT staff recommend a game, not just huber as some people might not agree with him, but seeing bosman, Ian, or even Damiani (don't know if he still works there) recomend some hidden gems can be pretty interesting to check

Slevin

Finally! I'm so happy we got this thread and you did a fantastic job on it.

Gametrailers is amazing and I hope with the new YouTube additions they find even more success. They definitely deserve it.

I love this crew, they are now my go-to daily site to visit, even more than GB. I love the enthusiasm and the fresh tone. Today's fist huber episode was great as expected. I'm also a big fan of elyse, she's great.

Listonosh

Oh shit! Had no idea about their new Retrospectives format. I'll miss the in depth series look, but at this point, I'll take these smaller more focused videos over nothing at all

Hasney

just watched the huber show, its not bad, but it needs more work, and the bonus bit at the end is a very nice touch, but I would make a suggestion..

make the GT staff recommend a game, not just huber as some people might not agree with him, but seeing bosman, Ian, or even Damiani (don't know if he still works there) recomend some hidden gems can be pretty interesting to check

Ian Hinck normally comes up with some hidden gems on Just Played when it comes to newer indie stuff, but yeah, once the show is established, I'm sure Huber will run out of recommendations eventually!

Oh shit! Had no idea about their new Retrospectives format. I'll miss the in depth series look, but at this point, I'll take these smaller more focused videos over nothing at all

It's a pity, but I do agree since they don't have the resource to do the big pieces anymore. I think Ian mentioned on Mandatory Update Nights that only him and Don are the only editors left.

I love this crew, they are now my go-to daily site to visit, even more than GB. I love the enthusiasm and the fresh tone. Today's fist huber episode was great as expected. I'm also a big fan of elyse, she's great.

Elyse cracks me up, especially in Tabletop Adventures. That joke she pitched about The Last Guardian on Mandatory Update Nights made me have to pause the video I was laughing so hard.

Auctopus

So I guess Huber Hype is just about general positivity? I'm down for that. Reminds me of the early Bosman days, I guess Kyle will take the more cynical route from now on.

Hasney

So I guess Huber Hype is just about general positivity? I'm down for that. Reminds me of the early Bosman days, I guess Kyle will take the more cynical route from now on.

I think they're both just very honest. Bosman talks about whatever's on his mind and whn he started, it was at the start of a new generation which was easy to be positive about. The things you hear about Huber and how hyped he can get is just positive about almost everything games though, which is pretty ace. Like talking about HD remasters, especially DmC, in a positive light. I wish I was looking forward to it!

Then again, I don't think I'd have a lot of disposable cash if I was that positive about everything...

benny_a

extra source of jiggaflops
I think Bloodworth should jump in like "Toasty!" in Mortal Kombat and recommend games.

If he can't have his own show due to him being busy at least let us taste his wisdom by means of Bloodworth pop-ups.

UrbanRats

It's no competition... but she had by far the best jokes in the last Mandatory Updates Nights.

That abortion joke and the "Molyneux Tax" one were killer.

Top Bottom