• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Gametrailers Thread: Good Night and Good Game

Neol

Ahh Gametrailers my first video game forum.

Although I don't watch all of there shows I still enjoy watching there reviews and retrospective vids from time to time. Definitely gonna give there podcast a listen though.

Hasney

I think Bloodworth should jump in like "Toasty!" in Mortal Kombat and recommend games.

If he can't have his own show due to him being busy at least let us taste his wisdom by means of Bloodworth pop-ups.

They should just make Opinion Yell a real show and have recommendations that way.

980rdH7.gif

It's nice to see a general thread since I really enjoy the site. It's great to finally have the new videos on Youtube right away, and Huber Hype had a really solid first episode.

Sami+

I really should get around to watching more GT stuff. I love love love Final Bosman and GT Time, and Huber Hype is off to a great start. Grew up with the site and I trust their reviews (Bloodworth's Order review is the one that makes me most curious about the game in spite of the negative press) so I'll check out more shows when I have time.

wiibomb

They should just make Opinion Yell a real show and have recommendations that way.

980rdH7.gif

opinion yell and ya burnt sections are the fucking best of Mandatory update, I love them..

oh that Ad they made in one of the latest mandatory updates.. its brilliant

border

Gametrailers finally gets its own OT? And only when they're like 4 months away from going out of business :(

Huber would rather have The Phantom Pain over new Star Wars? God lord, yikes.

Fbh

Gametrailers finally gets its own OT? And only when they're like 4 months away from going out of business :(

The last 3 movies sucked and the new one is being made by a guy that made 1 good star trek movie....out of 2.

Si I agree with him.

JayEH

Nice to have a OT. Thanks.

Who wouldn't?

llehuty

I'm only going to be satisfied if Hubersomehow manages to mention Shenmue in every Huber Hype episode.
#believe

It's worth sticking with as they do teach them, although GT player is the worst on those videos as they're so long, so maybe wait for them to appear on YT.

If you still can't get into it, check out the episodes they do with Fiasco instead of D&D. That game has even more insanity (once you get past the lengthy setup that can be skipped).

Thank you! I'll check that out.

Hasney

Oh shit, they're using YT. Now i can get back to enjoying GT. My computer could never play their shitty video player.

Nice!!!

Yeah, I was thinking that I should get Let's All Go To The Trailers watched now even though I'm shattered since I have my tablet on me... But now I don't have to since I can watch it at work!

Yeah... I mean, I'm really excited for the MGSV, but man it's fucking Star Wars. CAN'T FUCKING WAIT.

D

Deleted member 80556

Unconfirmed Member
I'm only going to be satisfied if Hubersomehow manages to mention Shenmue in every Huber Hype episode.
#believe

With Huber mentioning Shenmue with almost every bet he's made with Kyle, I felt a bit of catharsis when he brought it up here lmao. Hope he mentions it somehow hahaha.

Yeah... I mean, I'm really excited for the MGSV, but man it's fucking Star Wars. CAN'T FUCKING WAIT.

I'm the other way around.

It's Star Wars and all, but I can't wait to play as a former CIA agent who saved the world who has now made his own army and is out for blood by using cardboard boxes. CAN'T FUCKING WAIT.

UrbanRats

Enjoyed the single format for Let's all go to the trailers.
After GTtime and Final Bosman, it's my favorite show of theirs.
I love trailers too, so that's probably why.

Great work on the OT! I was working on one off and on for a while but never got it where it needed to be to post it. GameTrailers has been pumping out a lot of great shows so I hope this helps more people discover them.

lil

Wait HUBER HAS HIS OWN SHOW NOW?? Holy crap no one told me!!

Thanks for the thread, now I might remember to watch shows that aren't The Final Bosman (i'm so behind on gt time ugh :c).

Hasney

Enjoyed the single format for Let's all go to the trailers.
After GTtime and Final Bosman, it's my favorite show of theirs.
I love trailers too, so that's probably why.

Sam here. I think it helps that Brandon is just so enthusiastic about trailers that it's infectious.

Visceir

Fan of the D&D tabletop adventures. Hasn't been as good since they ended up on that other planet though.

Whats up with those backgrounds in Huber's video?

Hasney

Caught up with Let's All Go To The Trailers, this is how I'd rate them:

Book Of Unwritten Tales 2 - 8.2 - I may give it a shot as I do kind of like the vibe

DGU - 3 - I have no idea what's going on. I even googled DGU and the top result is Dead Good Undies so they've not thought this through at all.

Dissidia: Final Fantasy Arcade - 9 - Like Brandon said, you can just play that Final Fantasy song and I'm hyped but extra for me with Final Fantasy 14 characters in there. Beating on Lightning would also be fun...

Terraria: Otherworld - 6 - Huge Terraria fan, but it just looks like a reskin. It shows wayyy too little.

Love Kyles new rule of deducting 2 points if there's a record scratch in the trailer since we moved past those in 2005. Also liking the soundtrack trailers, I hope we get some more like this in the future. I remember seeing that MK8 Direct with them recording DAT SAX and really loving it.

Trailer of the week: Dissidia: FF Arcade.

Awesome Thread already. Hit that subscribe button.

I must be a rare unicorn as I have never had an issue with their video player ( or at least that I could remember....)

AND frick yeah gimme TPP over Star wars!!

Rndm

Apparently the hype is real, even on GAF.

By far my favorite site for gaming related videos (by professionals, so I can exclude YouTubers I like). The staff is really cool, the shows are fun and creative, the 'vibe' is all around good. GT has had some tough times and I felt like it was close to disappearing, but fortunately (!!!) it is still around and keeps getting better in many ways. I really feel like a part of the GT family at this point. Thanks Brandon for your dedication over all these years.

Cannot wait for the new Final Bosman later today.

NuttSack

Awesome OT! GT deserves it!
Yesterday during the Toybox Tuesday stream Brandon said they will be posting their live streams recordings on youtube as well.
Really happy about that and excited for some more Shenmue streams!
Huber Hype is fantastic and its refreshing to watch something that isn't someone being a curmudgeon butt :p

Doc_Drop

Awesome OT! GT deserves it!
Yesterday during the Toybox Tuesday stream Brandon said they will be posting their live streams recordings on youtube as well.
Really happy about that and excited for some more Shenmue streams!
Huber Hype is fantastic and its refreshing to watch something that isn't someone being a curmudgeon butt :p

Excellent news, I'm not a big fan of Twitch and living in the UK it's tough to watch them as they happen

Used to go there daily. Back when Invisible Walls started out and then Pach Attack their Retrospectives on blizzard etc were awesome I haven't tuned in since Shane left I guess they aren't doing as well as they used to?

Whats up with those backgrounds in Huber's video?

It seemed to represent Huber's constantly changing thought structure like a kitten in the grass chasing one butterfly then immediately leaping off after another. Positive with a touch of the psychotic, but in a good way. But the last one was just weird for some reason, the one with the yellow flowers. In the others it seemed like he was on a grand adventure in the great outdoors but on that final backdrop the scale was off or something. He looked like he was tiny like in the Minish Cap... a Happy Little Huber Elf jubilantly standing around in a garden.

Hasney

This gif talk has reminded me it's so much easier now they're on YouTube. This could get some use from the Persona 4 Just Played:

HwDb6FX.gif

Used to go there daily. Back when Invisible Walls started out and then Pach Attack their Retrospectives on blizzard etc were awesome I haven't tuned in since Shane left I guess they aren't doing as well as they used to?

Basically, it was doing just as bad near the end of Shane's reign, but Viacom were just eating it until they decided to sell.

Top Bottom