• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Gametrailers Thread: Good Night and Good Game

Szeth

Glad to see Kyle took my suggestion to change up the way he reveals the bet winner at the end. :)

Great Tabletop and GT Time. Really can't wait to see how that gold dust situation plays out lol

UrbanRats

Great GTtime this week, it helps that Elyse is probably the funniest of the crew.
Also, yesterday i watched Marketa Lazarova, and the lead in that movie looks a lot like her, sort of uncanny, i thought.
iZEImth1FMUJi.jpg

ibwoHTmeMT22x9.jpg

Also as usual, gotta love Brandon's passion.

Kasper

Great GTtime this week, it helps that Elyse is probably the funniest of the crew.
Also, yesterday i watched Marketa Lazarova, and the lead in that movie looks a lot like her, sort of uncanny, i thought.
Also as usual, gotta love Brandon's passion.

When Elyse isn't all nervous and fidgety she makes an amazing fourth member. I love how she plays along with Kyle's various jokes. It creates much needed balance now that Damiani is gone, since Bloodworth is very dry and Brandon is somewhere in-between. Kyle really needs someone that picks up on his silliness.

UrbanRats

When Elyse isn't all nervous and fidgety she makes an amazing fourth member. I love how she plays along with Kyle's various jokes. It creates much needed balance now that Damiani is gone, since Bloodworth is very dry and Brandon is somewhere in-between. Kyle really needs someone that picks up on his silliness.

I agree with you.
Huber also plays well off of Kyle, but better on a 1 on 1 context, rather than a 4 people segment.

Hasney

Huber and Kyle are doing a full playthrough of The Order right now if anyone is interested.

http://www.twitch.tv/gametrailers

Ace, that should be up soon then!

They've put up some other live things, like Elys playing The Testament Of Sherlock Holmes: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zb17uUoOOUU and Kyle playing Jedi power Battles https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yEBFPg-LGeU

On the regular schedules, there's Top 10 Games You Must Play Twice: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WHFypbjZU2Y and more Kingdom Hearts Mysteries: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wlF9spMkYqY

But it's Saturday, so we know what's on later!

t68jIgO.gif

Szeth

Ace, that should be up soon then!

They said during the stream that it's too long to put on youtube but the twitch archive will be there. Stream is about to end, it was good. Not as good as their Evil Within or REmake full playthroughs though.

Hasney

Watching the Spervince side story of Tabletop Adventures and close to an hour in. It's alight, but not as good as the main adventure or the Wizards of the Coast adventure. Spervince is hilarious, especially "talking to their parents" and the 90's quotes that make no sense in the universe being brilliant, but I don't think Kyle and Huber are as attached to their characters as much as Andry and Hoggar, which is to be expected. Plus, Ben clearly came up with the scenario in a week or two after the appearence of Spevince, so it's impressive from that standpoint. Need an appearance of moss!

It's worth a watch, but I'd say skip it if you're catching up on the main adventure and most of the Fiasco episodes are better.

They said during the stream that it's too long to put on youtube but the twitch archive will be there. Stream is about to end, it was good. Not as good as their Evil Within or REmake full playthroughs though.

That's a shame, Twitch hates me sometimes but I might try it. If you want a fun playthrough, the start of Shenmue II they did was great.

Great episode of Mandatory Update again. Loved the Paul Walker joke. The detective bit was a bit too long, though.

But screw whoever really thinks the dress is yellow and gold.
Iaaaaaaaannnnnn!

That Paul Walker joke was fantastic. And then Ian's "'cause he's fucking dead!" almost killed me. Pure gold.

Wish they could do a Mandatory Update and a Mandatory Update Nights every week.

The Bloodborne delay episode of Mandatory Update is definitely one of the best. Ian Hinck crying in Michael Damiani's arms... it's something incredibly beautiful.

I kinda wish the game would be delayed again, just for Ian's reaction.

I love when they get Don Casanova on Mandatory Update.

DEAD.gif

Elyse getting fed up with Ian was also funny:

readit.gif

That Paul Walker joke was fantastic. And then Ian's "'cause he's fucking dead!" almost killed me. Pure gold.

fuckingdead.gif

The Bloodborne delay episode of Mandatory Update is definitely one of the best. Ian Hinck crying in Michael Damiani's arms... it's something incredibly beautiful.

Yeah, that was a good one.

damianicomforts.gif

aly

I'm finally watching the Order 1886 stream and I'm only 3 hours in, but it is really enjoyable hearing how enthusiastic Huber is and how he felt about some of the criticisms about the game.Also some neat info from Brandon Jones.

Visceir

Last tabletop adventures was fun. Glad they're making an effort to deliver an episode next week despite GDC happening.

ito007

Last tabletop adventures was fun. Glad they're making an effort to deliver an episode next week despite GDC happening.
Yep I appreciate it as well. I wish Hogger's character would develop a little more personally. Still feels a little bit one dimensional to me despite warming up to pervince slightly

UrbanRats

Don't get what was so good about that Batman trailer personally.
I found it sort of generic, but then again, i think the game itself suffers from looking far too similar to the past games.
I mean, all Batman's nemesis reuniting to kill him? It was just the premise of the last 3 games.

Hunger looked great though.

MadHitz

Neo Member
Their Retrospectives are very well done, and I've learned a lot about the history of certain franchises I've never played because of it.

wiibomb

Their Retrospectives are very well done, and I've learned a lot about the history of certain franchises I've never played because of it.

I see people talking about the GT retrospectives, but I see just 1 on the youtube channel, I'm I missing something? or are they all in the site page

ito007

I see people talking about the GT retrospectives, but I see just 1 on the youtube channel, I'm I missing something? or are they all in the site page
All in the site pretty much. If you go and see a list of all their shows there should be one for retrospectives.

I love almost everything on GT, but I've never watched Mandatory Update.
I'm starting right now and I'm afraid I'll hate it.

You're in for a treat. As a huge Final Fantasy fan, I adored that one the most, but all of them are amazing.

Hasney

Just start with new ones, don't go back in time.

I think everyone hates it at first too, but it grows on you like a tumor.

Kasper

Even if you end up disliking MU, which a lot of people seem to do, you should still check out Mandatory Update Nights if you like GT Time and such. It's basically a fast and loose version of that with Elyse, Ian and guests.

I've been watching Mandatory Update from the very first episode and I hated it when it began. The woman seemed so nervous and the man was nothing more than a ridiculous fucking haircut. Rob Slusser was weird.

Watched episode 2. God knows why.

Then 3. Then 4. Then 5. All of a sudden I needed more and more.

Now, it is without doubt my favourite gaming show. Possibly of all time. I absolutely love it.

Elyse Willem's is fantastic. She deserves to be doing bigger and better things (no disrespect to GT). So funny.

Top Bottom