• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Gaming journalist refuses to cover Hogwarts Legacy due to its "ties" with J.K Rowling.

luffie

I agree with you that she doesn't speak the truth. And it's weird to see her promote transphobic messages, but you aren't helping with calling her a cunt and speaking like that. It only increases the "us" versus "them" mentality. The way you're speaking only kills the nuance this topics needs.

What is the truth then? What did she say "specifically" that is transphobic?

State your examples, exact words.
As you all can see, once you ask for EVIDENCE, there is always none.

All these people saying "truths" "nuance" turns out to be liars, all of them.

If Jk says so many transphobic things, it will be very easy to prove right? "I hate Trans"- jk rowling, boom there it is..... but there is none.

All she ever said was "woman menstruate" and everybody screams transphobic, but if you asked if there's ever a man who menstruate, nobody can prove anything except screaming their lies even harder.

The truth is, people like you are liars.

This is the shit that bothers me. Who said it was illegal, or should be illegal, to have strong opinions? Nobody. If you have a strong opinion that directly contradicts peoples' worldviews then you shouldn't be surprised when you get pushback. That's how this whole thing works!
Her opinions are neither strong, nor that special... She just happen to have a bit of a spine.

and this is not just about being legal, you are under some other kind of mob rule (rule being the keyword here). So there is a group of self appointed people who decided to 'ally' themselves to a couple of specific causes in a very aggressive way (riots, violence, people loosing their livelyhood, etc.).

If that was about people losing feuds on twitter or getting kicked off of some random forum or service that has no further action than them losing access to further discussion (however some people make a living having those).

I mean, the gender thing is particularly egregious, you are at a point where a future supreme court nominee who was in part picked because she is a woman (I can't honestly comment on her qualities as a judge, this is not the problem, the problem is that it was made clear she was picked as a token) who apparently can't say what a woman is.

Even my SJW sister in law who is someone who goes to all the environmental walks, a lot of social demonstrations, etc. had a little girl, and well she treat her as such. This is true even if she was arguing for the whole 'genders are social construct' bs in many conversations before.

tygertrip

From the thing that JK said, I personally believe that it's technically correct. But I think she and many others are missing the point on this. Trans people are asking to be treating as the gender that they are identifying as. They are doing that against a system\government\society that either doesn't think being Trans is possible (because some people think it's a mental illness) or think Trans people shouldn't be respected due to it being "wrong".

In that light it's disrespectful to say a Trans woman, isn't a woman. Likes yes, biologically that's correct. But people aren't going to walk around in everyday life saying "trans this" or "trans that". It's easier to just put a sign on a set of doors that say "Men" and "Women". What are you going to say, that a Transwomen can go into the "Women's" bathroom? No, of course not.

So in that light, that's why many Trans and CIS people are upset at J.K. Rowling. She speaks as if she's the authority of the Trans conversation, instead of wanting to play a part of a larger conversation. She writes as if she has to get the last word on the subject. It's very odd. I'd feel equally odd if a white person wanted to be the authority on race relations in America. Like why would a white person (of all people) even want to be an authority on that?

Just take a look at what J.K. says here about surgery and hormones therapy for people under 18 years old. This is nuts!

You call it virtue signaling. And he calls it an explanation as to why he doesn't want to preview the game on the site. Just as you are now giving you opinion on this, should can he. You aren't better than him, nor is he better than you. He literally said on the site that if you want to cover the game, then that's fine. Like he LITERALLY said that.

She's not nuts, what she is saying is the widely accepted opinion. Online trans echo chambers do not reflect anything but the vocal fringe.

Last edited:

AJUMP23

I agree with you that she doesn't speak the truth. And it's weird to see her promote transphobic messages, but you aren't helping with calling her a cunt and speaking like that. It only increases the "us" versus "them" mentality. The way you're speaking only kills the nuance this topics needs.
To say a woman is a woman isn’t transphobic. To say there are 2 genders and that woman is one of them is not transphobic hate speech.

Dr. Claus

Vincit qui se vincit

If Jk says so many transphobic things, it will be very easy to prove right? "I hate Trans"- jk rowling, boom there it is..... but there is none.

All she ever said was "woman menstruate" and everybody screams transphobic, but if you asked if there's ever a man who menstruate, nobody can prove anything except screaming their lies even harder.

He will never give you a direct answer. He will try to create strawman arguments and turn it around like *you* are the one lying and not understanding truths and nuance. Dude is a troll.

mckmas8808

Mckmaster uses MasterCard to buy Slave drives
What is the truth then? What did she say "specifically" that is transphobic?

State your examples, exact words.

I already did in this thread. So, again........she said this.......

Many, myself included, believe we are watching a new kind of conversion therapy for young gay people, who are being set on a lifelong path of medicalisation that may result in the loss of their fertility and/or full sexual function. 5/11

And this was the Tweet. And even worse, she's conflating "Being Gay" to being "Trans".

That's exactly what the people storming the capital were thinking too.

Storming the Capital and beating up police officers is not legal. So, no.......not the same thing at all.

mckmas8808

And don't try to play me like that again. I'm damn smart. I'm not one of those pussy ass snowflakes that you punk on Twitter. It's okay to disagree with me and others on topics like this. But you don't OWN the truth on this. We all have our own prospective on topics of all natures.

CGiRanger

Banned
Humans love to be led, even more fascinating is how vicious they will go in defense to their legitimate oppressor/masters. Tribe dependent, of course.

'A Bug's Life' is a documentary.
Yeah, and this is why Anarchists or Nihilists are the dumbest. Humans will always congregate in groups of the like-minded and shared values, and then demand hierarchies in order to solve/mediate problems.

Bragr

Banned

And this was the Tweet. And even worse, she's conflating "Being Gay" to being "Trans".

Storming the Capital and beating up police officers is not legal. So, no.......not the same thing at all.

True, it's not the same, but this idea of acting "outside of the law, but within legality" is the direct cause of riots.

That Rowling tweet, there is nothing rambling or dumb about it, she does base it on something, even if you might completely disagree. That she said compared gay to trans is just a mistake she would probably agree with, it's nothing to attack. This is a bad point to parade about her being a problem.

mckmas8808

True, it's not the same, but this idea of acting "outside of the law, but within legality" is the direct cause of riots.

That Rowling tweet, there is nothing rambling or dumb about it, she does base it on something, even if you might completely disagree. That she said compared gay to trans is just a mistake she would probably agree with, it's nothing to attack. This is a bad point to parade about her being a problem.

Sometimes riots happen. It is what it is. I'd be more interested in what caused the riot and not the riot itself.

And with the Rowling tweet. I didn't say it was "dumb" per say. I was saying that's an example of a Transphobic statement. I think many don't understand what being transphobic means. I mean really JK? Conversion therapy? And they are being set on that path? By whom exactly, JK? Like, that's a really bad thing to say about Trans people.

Cyberpunkd

Gold Member
And with the Rowling tweet. I didn't say it was "dumb" per say. I was saying that's an example of a Transphobic statement.
Many countries are now pushing legislation for HRT to only be administered to people over the age of 18 because, hey - young people do stupid shit. Nothing in her tweet was a transphobic statement. Was it a concerned statement about people that are gay being pushed to identify as trans? Yes. That still doesn't make it transphobic.

Here, let me make it easy for you:
"I am concerned about young people and how different societal changes regarding sexuality affect them" = not transphobic
"Trans people are not real people, this shit is made up" = transphobic

She never said the second, what she said was that for her biological sex is what she sees as natural and more important than gender identity.

Last edited:

mckmas8808

Many countries are now pushing legislation for HRT to only be administered to people over the age of 18 because, hey - young people do stupid shit. Nothing in her tweet was a transphobic statement. Was it a concerned statement about people that are gay being pushed to identify as trans? Yes. That still doesn't make it transphobic.

Here, let me make it easy for you:
"I am concerned about young people and how different societal changes regarding sexuality affect them" = not transphobic
"Trans people are not real people, this shit is made up" = transphobic

She never said the second, what she said was that for her biological sex is what she sees as natural and more important than gender identity.

The bolded should be allowed with a parent\legal guardian's signature though. I'm assuming those countries would allow someone under 18 to get HRT if the parent approves it right?

Cyberpunkd

Gold Member
The bolded should be allowed with a parent\legal guardian's signature though. I'm assuming those countries would allow someone under 18 to get HRT if the parent approves it right?
I do not know, but IMO parents' signature shouldn't fly. Maybe this is shocking to the US folk, but here in Europe the state's responsibility is also to protect the child, kids are not the property of their parents. As such - again, IMO - it should be left to the child alone, and only when he/she/they turn 18.

CosmicComet

Can we stop? She is a fucking cunt, by obviously being transphobic and all the time promoting obviously transphobic people on twitter.

She isn't speaking the truth, she is a fucking bigot.

Is it enough for me to not play the games, read books or watch the movies? No. But I can easily separate art from artist.

But let's not do the horseshit, she speaks the truth leave her alone argument.

Sjw outrage against the entire ip is as pathetic as the opposite hardcore defense of Rowling. As always no fucking nuance at all between these two groups.
You can't separate yourself from an SJW if you are using language and views right in line with.

She is neither spreading falsehoods, a cunt, a bigot or "transphobic".

Last edited:

Moneal

She was not conflating Trans with gay. She was saying some gay kids are being told they are Trans, and are being pushed to transition.

Some little boys who are gay play with dolls and like girls clothes. Some little girls who are lesbian like boys things. Some of these kids are now being pushed towards transition because they don't conform to gender roles. That was what she was talking about.

I'm damn smart.
Only idiots think of themselves as smart.

Smart people would know the difference between cancel culture and civil disobedience. Smart people would realize the reason why modern representative democracies limit the individual's political power. Smart people would also not advocate for social vigilantism through public opinion. Lastly, smart people would read Rowling's arguments correctly instead of strawmanning her tweets in order to attack her reputation.

You're not fooling anybody here.

mckmas8808

She was not conflating Trans with gay. She was saying some gay kids are being told they are Trans, and are being pushed to transition.

Some little boys who are gay play with dolls and like girls clothes. Some little girls who are lesbian like boys things. Some of these kids are now being pushed towards transition because they don't conform to gender roles. That was what she was talking about.

Is this actually true though? That's the scary part. It sounds like a strawman argument from her, to me. That's part of the transphobia to me.

mckmas8808

Only idiots think of themselves as smart.

Smart people would know the difference between cancel culture and civil disobedience. Smart people would realize the reason why modern representative democracies limit the individual's political power. Smart people would also not advocate for social vigilantism through public opinion. Lastly, smart people would read Rowling's arguments correctly instead of strawmanning her tweets in order to attack her reputation.

You're not fooling anybody here.

Check the bolded....... In today's society, we've conflated the two. And that's one of my biggest issues within the overall "cancel culture" discussion. Many "anti-cancel culture" folks are turning any kinds of civil disobedience or protest into "cancel culture".

Plus, I didn't read Rowlings arguments incorrectly at all. I disagreed with some of them. They are very easy to read an understand. She isn't a goddess. It is possible for people to disagree with her views on this matter, while also understanding what she's saying.

Technically I agree with her original statement which was basically "there's a difference between cis-gender women and trans women". I 100% agree with that statement. It's the other stuff I don't agree with.

Nobody has to strawman her tweets!

Last edited:

Moneal

Is this actually true though? That's the scary part. It sounds like a strawman argument from her, to me. That's part of the transphobia to me.
I know there was at least one girl who had this experience. She was being interviewed about her transition back.

Here is a story about two women who had similar stories https://www.bbc.com/news/stories-51806011. Note the medical professionals pushed without much actual inquiry.

If I can ask a question, what would you say is the most charitable and least charitable interpretation of those two tweets? What's the most good faith and bad faith interpretations that you can come up with?

Bragr

Banned
Sometimes riots happen. It is what it is. I'd be more interested in what caused the riot and not the riot itself.

And with the Rowling tweet. I didn't say it was "dumb" per say. I was saying that's an example of a Transphobic statement. I think many don't understand what being transphobic means. I mean really JK? Conversion therapy? And they are being set on that path? By whom exactly, JK? Like, that's a really bad thing to say about Trans people.
Well, I'm more interested in the riot, an event where people get free rain to act violently in the guise of the crowd. What causes it is almost always nonsensical public opinion.

Rowling's take on "conversion" is controversial, but not without merit, people are incredibly complex. A person who grows up in a society where they are told they are a descendent of a sasquatch, will believe and feel so, what a person feels they are means very little. If a person is struggling with their sexuality and find themselves in an environment where being trans is valued in some sense, or is an alternative, they might become trans, while in an environment where it's not valued, they wouldn't even consider it. There is no accident that transitioning is more popular now than ever, and it's not because there are more trans people now or that in the past, they were scared to go public.

She views transitioning young people like the same thing as a 3-year-old getting 12 piercings on their face because they like shiny things.

e0n

People consider her transphobic because she doesn't want mtf people in women's spaces and opposes trans laws. It's right there in her blogpost that someone posted. All gender public restrooms already exist in society and most people wouldn't think that men would suddenly sign up legal forms to change their gender. The law that she opposes already exists in some form in other countries. Transphobia is literally defined as any irrational fear or discrimination towards transgender people.

rnlval

Check out this "essay" from Gamespot :
Youtube Dog GIF

These people are delusional.
GS is owned by CBS. JK has her own rights to promote her gender just as LGBTs. In my POV, any below-the-belt issues should stay in the bedroom.

luffie

And? Which part is Transphobic? The health professionals? For believing people with mental problems might not receiving the appropriate treatment?

What did she conflate? She mentions what she believes a certain demographic might be receiving a certain treatment that is not suitable. YOU are the one conflating and twisting her words. What's transphobic for thinking "gay" people might not be given the appropriate treatment?

Mentioning the fact that the medication will results in infertility is transphobic?

Lies and twisting words once more.

You conflate your own perception as truth.
And don't try to play me like that again. I'm damn smart. I'm not one of those pussy ass snowflakes that you punk on Twitter. It's okay to disagree with me and others on topics like this. But you don't OWN the truth on this. We all have our own prospective on topics of all natures.
So you own it? But what's the TRUTH? Still no evidence eh?

"We all have our own perspective...." - hypocrisy, claiming your own PERSPECTIVE as truth.

Every bit of your arguments is the same, in summary "it's true because I say so", which is what liars say .

Last edited:

mckmas8808

I know there was at least one girl who had this experience. She was being interviewed about her transition back.

Here is a story about two women who had similar stories https://www.bbc.com/news/stories-51806011. Note the medical professionals pushed without much actual inquiry.

These are some good stories to read, given the subject in this thread. Thanks for posting it! A few things I noticed from the article......

- Ellie in the beginning seemed to be more on the non-binary side, than actually feeling like she was a boy.
- The first doctor Ellie went to told her to wait (she was 16 at the time). But the 2nd doctor told her he'd prescribe the HRT meds (even though she knew he didn't know what he was talking about per her own research).
- Nele went to her therapist and said she was trans. No one pushed her to use HRT, like J.K. Rowlings stated in her tweet.
- Nele lied to her therapist and didn't tell him that she has a massive eating disorder. She lied because she was worried her trans treatments might be halted if there was doubt about her mental health.
- Both ladies realize that their stories will be and are being used by transphobic people and organizations to invalidate the experiences that trans and non-binary people have.
- The best info I got from this article is the statement below.......

"He believes someone who is suffering from anorexia or bulimia may not be equipped to make irreversible health decisions. "We know that eating disorders affect people at a bio-psychosocial level. Those who are medically and physically, but also cognitively compromised might have a distorted view of themselves or their bodies." Spiliadis believes good practice in this field should mean screening young people with gender identity issues for eating disorders. And because they are life-threatening, eating disorders should be treated before responding medically or surgically to the distress caused by gender dysphoria.

If I can ask a question, what would you say is the most charitable and least charitable interpretation of those two tweets? What's the most good faith and bad faith interpretations that you can come up with?

I honestly can't say. If I knew her as a person, maybe I'd have a better gauge to answer that question.

And? Which part is Transphobic? The health professionals? For believing people with mental problems might not receiving the appropriate treatment?

1. Calm down
2. I'm not saying JK is transphobic. I believe that tweet of hers is a transphobic statement though. Both can be true. I don't have enough evidence to suggest she's straight up a hater of Trans people.
3. The part that's transphobic to me is when she uses the words "conversion therapy" and "being set on a longlife path of medicalization". Nobody is forcing these folks to transition or do HRT.
4. It's my opinion that her comments in that thread of Tweets were transphobic. i don't feel like it's "the truth". You're putting those words in my mouth. It's like people can't have opinions anymore.

Last edited:

Bogroll

Likes moldy games
The bolded 2nd part me and my Wife have witnessed that this week. The Mother of the 8 year old is a neurotic school teacher imo. I feel sorry for the child and we are both gobsmacked. If that's the way the child is when they're a few years older we have no problem with it but 8 years old.

luffie

1. Calm down
2. I'm not saying JK is transphobic. I believe that tweet of hers is a transphobic statement though. Both can be true. I don't have enough evidence to suggest she's straight up a hater of Trans people.
3. The part that's transphobic to me is when she uses the words "conversion therapy" and "being set on a longlife path of medicalization". Nobody is forcing these folks to transition or do HRT.
4. It's my opinion that her comments in that thread of Tweets were transphobic. i don't feel like it's "the truth". You're putting those words in my mouth. It's like people can't have opinions anymore.
Eh, you are the that goes "I agree with you that she doesn't speak the truth." Your words against your words. So don't try to twist it.

"But you don't OWN the truth on this." So again, i never claim any truth, your words against your words. Now you weasel and say it was an opinion.

Dr. Claus Dr. Claus was right. You disingenuous, and twist words, now twisting as if I am the one saying it.

3. And what's Transphobic about that? Isn't it also an "opinion" of hers? She wrote she "believe". She can't have opinions now? Hypocrite.

Nobody is forcing them for conversion therapy, yeah right, but to suggest that they don't need conversion therapy is transphobic? Don't be so disingenuous.

"being set on a longlife path of medicalization" - and what's Transphobic about this?
Once you reach a certain dosage you are basically set for lifelong medication, no need anyone to force you. Dilation is forever. Infertility, osteoporosis, hormonal imbalance are all medical facts of HRT. Again, lies.

So again, what's the TRUTH. 3 posts later, still all lies and 0 evidence/truth.

rolandss

Who cares. It's one bloke. I mean it's Harry Potter, I have 0 interest in that shit anyway, waste of a space on Sony's console.

Whitecrow

Banned
People on twitter likes to call anything that bothers them something-phobic, which is a tragedy, because reaching for truth and understanding requires burst people's bubbles and piss them off a bit (or a lot, depending on their effort to reject reality)

John Bilbo

Transphobic is the new nazi is the new racist is the new misogynist is the new homophobic is the new...

And we have to point it all out!

Soosa

Banned
What a cunt*. (the journalist)

While I'm not big Rowling fan, SHE is completely right when she talked about how only women can give a birth.

Being mentally ill** doesnt give people some super power to get pregnant, if they dont have the correct set of organs.

**people that think, that a person without female organs can give birth.

Personally, I go with the biology, there are 2 genders + then some mutations + behavioural errors, but no, there are no more than 2 genders. And certainly you cant just choose which you are, at least not on biological level.

* the only way how male can have female genitalia, is being a cunt.

Last edited:

Dr. Claus

Vincit qui se vincit
Eh, you are the that goes "I agree with you that she doesn't speak the truth." Your words against your words. So don't try to twist it.

"But you don't OWN the truth on this." So again, i never claim any truth, your words against your words. Now you weasel and say it was an opinion.

Dr. Claus Dr. Claus was right. You disingenuous, and twist words, now twisting as if I am the one saying it.

3. And what's Transphobic about that? Isn't it also an "opinion" of hers? She wrote she "believe". She can't have opinions now? Hypocrite.

Nobody is forcing them for conversion therapy, yeah right, but to suggest that they don't need conversion therapy is transphobic? Don't be so disingenuous.

"being set on a longlife path of medicalization" - and what's Transphobic about this?
Once you reach a certain dosage you are basically set for lifelong medication, no need anyone to force you. Dilation is forever. Infertility, osteoporosis, hormonal imbalance are all medical facts of HRT. Again, lies.

Yep, dude is a sad little troll. Everyone can see through him.

mckmas8808

1. Just because I don't think her words are the truth, doesn't mean I'm stating my feelings on the matter are "the truth". You're conflating things and are confused if that's what you took from what I said. So, I'm not sure what you're saying about using my words against me. I'm literally telling you my thoughts, yet you claim it's me weasling out? No, it's me telling you how I feel. Clearly you misunderstood what I was saying. You aren't allowed to tell me what I meant by my previous post.

2. Yes, those words of hers are her opinion. Just because I think they are transphobic, doesn't mean she isn't allowed to have that opinion. I'm not saying she can't have an opinion. You're weird for even thinking I don't want her opinion to be voiced.

3. Where are these conversion therapy camps? Who's doing the forcing? And it's not like if you started HRT, you have to do it for the rest of your life. But all people thinking of transitioning need to clearly consult a therapist before and during HRT for this very reason. No one should be just taking these drugs willy nilly.

4. To the poster Bogroll Bogroll I'd agree 100% that 8 years old is waaaaay too young. I'm no doctor or anything, but it feels like 15 or 16 should be the youngest anyone should be to have HRT or puberty blockers. Mainly due to a teen's horomone levels being crazy anyway. I'd think doing it too young could actually mess other things up in the process. But that's just my opinion.

Yep, dude is a sad little troll. Everyone can see through him.

Be better. Don't be a troll.

Last edited:

Dr. Claus

Vincit qui se vincit
1. Just because I don't think her words are the truth, doesn't mean I'm stating my feelings on the matter are "the truth". You're conflating things and are confused if that's what you took from what I said. So, I'm not sure what you're saying about using my words against me. I'm literally telling you my thoughts, yet you claim it's me weasling out? No, it's me telling you how I feel. Clearly you misunderstood what I was saying. You aren't allowed to tell me what I meant by my previous post.

2. Yes, those words of hers are her opinion. Just because I think they are transphobic, doesn't mean she isn't allowed to have that opinion. I'm not saying she can't have an opinion. You're weird for even thinking I don't want her opinion to be voiced.

3. Where are these conversion therapy camps? Who's doing the forcing? And it's not like if you started HRT, you have to do it for the rest of your life. But all people thinking of transitioning need to clearly consult a therapist before and during HRT for this very reason. No one should be just taking these drugs willy nilly.

4. To the poster Bogroll Bogroll I'd agree 100% that 8 years old is waaaaay too young. I'm no doctor or anything, but it feels like 15 or 16 should be the youngest anyone should be to have HRT or puberty blockers. Mainly due to a teen's horomone levels being crazy anyway. I'd think doing it too young could actually mess other things up in the process. But that's just my opinion.

Be better. Don't be a troll.

Yet more projecting, handwaving, and strawman arguments. Pathetic, Mckmas. You aren't fooling anyone.

benno

3. Where are these conversion therapy camps?
Schools, universities, work, reddit, facebook groups etc etc

Who's doing the forcing?
teachers, social workers, people on the internet etc

And it's not like if you started HRT, you have to do it for the rest of your life. But all people thinking of transitioning need to clearly consult a therapist before and during HRT for this very reason. No one should be just taking these drugs willy nilly.
but they are taking the drugs willy nilly, they're buying them off the black market, there are posts on reddit about trans getting young people on HRT drugs early behind parents backs, stories about schools teachers doing the same all behind parents backs, recent story in the uk was a kid had drawn a pic of himself in a football top, the teacher thought it was a dress and tried to get the child put in to foster care because the parents disagreed the kid was trans.

Last edited:

420bits

not a journalist so stop saying that.

This is just some random fucktard who writes stuff on the internet.

-
"Truth", "accuracy", and "objectivity" are cornerstones of journalism ethics. Journalists should strive to detach themselves from regions, groups and even countries they reside from or in to an extent. Allowing for that separation to prevent influenced bias play a part in their journalistic writing.

mckmas8808

Yet more projecting, handwaving, and strawman arguments. Pathetic, Mckmas. You aren't fooling anyone.

troll GIF

but they are taking the drugs willy nilly, they're buying them off the black market, there are posts on reddit about trans getting young people on HRT drugs early behind parents backs, stories about schools teachers doing the same all behind parents backs, recent story in the uk was a kid draw a pic of himself in a football top, the teacher thought it was a dress and tried to get the child put in to foster care because the parents disagreed the kid was trans.

Like any drugs, governments should 100% get these drugs off the black market. And anybody giving kids HRT drugs behind their parents back is clearly terrible. And wouldn't that literally be a crime? I'm 99% sure that's a crime in America at least. And a felony at that. And anybody doing so should be arrested and put in jail. And personally I think that teacher in the bolded should be suspended on the spot and possibly fired. There's no sense in doing something dumb like that.

But since I'm not trans and I'm not in their world, I can't say how bad that black market is. Plus I'm not sure how much believability I can give posts on Reddit. We had "video game insiders" post things on there that never came true.

Tams

Get a fucking life.

Oh, and a man has a penis. A female has a vagina, tits that produce milk (when mature enough), has periods and menopause.
This is not up for debate. It's damn biology. Now take a hike and don't come back.

Last edited:

benno

And anybody giving kids HRT drugs behind their parents back is clearly terrible. And wouldn't that literally be a crime? I'm 99% sure that's a crime in America at least. And a felony at that.
It doesn't seem to be. This seems to be a common thing in USA.

And personally I think that teacher in the bolded should be suspended on the spot and possibly fired. There's no sense in doing something dumb like that.
This mess is what happens when you play along with insanity.

But since I'm not trans and I'm not in their world, I can't say how bad that black market is. Plus I'm not sure how much believability I can give posts on Reddit. We had "video game insiders" post things on there that never came true.
I agree, you can't give much to reddit posts. But when there are multiple users all bragging about doing it then you sort of tend to believe that at least a few of those are true.

Anyway, I'm going to steer clear of this thread for a bit. In the uk free speech isn't protected like in USA and subjects like this have me having to restrain myself a bit more than usual.

I honestly can't say. If I knew her as a person, maybe I'd have a better gauge to answer that question.
If you can't assign POSSIBLE charitable intent to a particular argument, then maybe you don't understand their argument. Please don't read that as yelling, I just wanted to emphasize that word.

And please don't suggest that you can't argue in good faith until you know the person in question. That's not really what that sort of exercise is about, and everyone should be able to consider the most charitable interpretation of an argument regardless of their beliefs. People have been less than charitable to you in this thread, but I shouldn't have to know you to argue your points in good faith. Does that make sense?

Top Bottom