• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Gauntlet announced (Warner Bros/Arrowhead, PC action RPG, Summer 2014)

cant watch the video and cant tell from the announcement post but this is more like the original gauntlet and less like Gauntlet legends right?

ie theres no leveling up or anything and its just a dungeon crawler?

Tizoc

Oh.
My.
God.

SuV3cF8.jpg

Digital re-release confirmed!

Wait...what if it also means
Lollipop_Chainsaw_Cover_Art.png

Epcott

Looks great.

Lets hope they don't keep the "ever dwindling energy even when not hit" gameplay, but keep the "Elf needs food, badly!"

And lol at millennials claiming this looks like Diablo.

Arttemis

Holy shit, this looks like the ultimate modern Gauntlet! But I'm genuinely surprised at the lack of console information...

JMTHEFOX

Wait...what if it also means
Lollipop_Chainsaw_Cover_Art.png

I don't mind a Steam release. I mean, hey, if it works for Killer is Dead, why not Lollipop Chainsaw?

Also, I would love remakes of Omega Race, War Gods, Joust, and even Space Zap with an option to choose the original ear-raping sound effects. >:)

Seeing the word "Gauntlet" in reference to a videogame got me more excited than I've been since the Persona 5 announcement. My favorite co-op game ever, finally a new one.

Then I watched the trailer and now I want to kill myself for ever being excited. Looks like some budget-ass shit. Reminds me a lot of Labyrinth Legends, which was really bad! Goddamn, all you had to do was remake Dark Legacy with better graphics! That was it! That game is still good, just update it. Man, now I'm super depressed.

Glad it has the old perspective and isn't like the other 3d gauntlet
warrior needs food

Seeing the word "Gauntlet" in reference to a videogame got me more excited than I've been since the Persona 5 announcement. My favorite co-op game ever, finally a new one.

Then I watched the trailer and now I want to kill myself for ever being excited. Looks like some budget-ass shit. Reminds me a lot of Labyrinth Legends, which was really bad! Goddamn, all you had to do was remake Dark Legacy with better graphics! That was it! That game is still good, just update it. Man, now I'm super depressed.

It looks like the original gauntlets more than the 3d ones. Which is a good thing to me.

1074907792.jpg

Also surprised it isn't f2p

Or they could instead stay true to the old-school style like they are currently.

Maybe you should play those games sometime. They are really fun.

I did, they look nothing like this. At least not to me. This game will be shit. Calling it.

That backpeddling. It's okay. You played the 3D ones only. No need to pretend to be a hardcore fan.

And with that made-up mind of yours, there's no way the game will live up to your expectations since you've already labeled it as such. What a wonderful conversation this has been.

oh man..Gauntlet was the jam in the 80's with friends. A quarter muncher to be sure but great fun! I loved the Genesis Gauntlet 4 with the rpg mode and great new music (some of the best on the Genesis imo).

I'll keep an eye on this and hope its good!

deim0s

Nostalgia is running strong.

Wasn't there to be an IOS remake of Gauntlet? What happened to that or this is it?

N.Domixis

Banned
buying this, I fell in love with gauntlet when I first played the old classics it on the dream cast. Then I bought gauntlet 2 on ps3 from the psn store and later the dark legacy one for ps2.

Metroidvania

People called Romanes they go the house?
Man, I hope this goes well, so that we can get a legends remake at some point, as my nostalgia for Gauntlet stems mostly from Gauntlet64 and Legends.

Will def pick up, at any rate.

Yuuichi

This actually doesn't look to bad. It's certainly pulling some influence from Diablo, but I'm gonna keep my eye on this one.

LiquidMetal14

hide your water-based mammals
Arrowhead's involvement are pretty much why this looks as good as it does. Well, at least fun. Not sure about everything else as we haven't seen a lot but Arrowhead a class developer in my book.

Damn, this was unexpected. I can't think of developers who'd be better for this than Arrowhead. Magicka was insane fun and Helldivers is one of my most hyped games right now. Hopefully this comes to consoles so I can properly enjoy the local multiplayer, but if not this is still awesome.

PC exclusive(for now?) makes since when you consider the developer. So pumped for this. Played the shit out of Gauntlet Legends with friends.

Wonko_C

Remakes of Konami's Tiny Toons games incoming?
hahahahaha nope konami has sunk too far into becoming Metal Gear Inc.

That is probably a good think since they would end up like Turtles In Time Re-Shelled anyway.

Good thing I have an Xbox 360 wireless dongle, we'll finally play something other than Mario Party 6-7 on Dolphin on our get togethers.

It looks better than I was expecting, but it looks more like Diablo.
It also looks like a game that you'd need to pay attention to when playing, compared to Gauntlet Legends and Dark Legacy. The 3D Gauntlet games were the epitome of dumb, arcade fun for me.

Castef

Banned
Yeah. If you need to put colored circles under the characters so that players can tell themselves apart, then your graphics might not be conveying information properly.

Exactly.

Gauntlet had a cartoonish look. Copy that one.

This looks faithful to the spirit of the originals while having a good developer attached. Consider me cautiously optimistic for the game, but thrilled that WB is letting projects like this get made.

This looks really great, so far it is PC only. I hope it see's a console release. I don't have enough friends to play this on steam with!

pa22word

Yeah but the original games didn't need blatant markers to tell who was who.

That's because the raw power of graphics rendering has increased 100 fold since that game came out, and as such environmental and character/npc detail have gotten drastically more detailed.

Oh hell yeah this is just what I needed to see after the disappointing RCT news. Really hope this turns out well and if it does I'm gonna be all over it.

Wait what?
*looks on the internet*
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iomc1P7HaX8

No... NO... NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!
Fucking piece of shit Atari, die already, please.

One of my favourite things ever turn into this shit. Im really crying here.
Well, all it's left now is Theme Park Studio.

Gauntlet Legends was one of the best games out there for co-op multiplayer growing up and Rampage World Tour was on the list too. Heres hoping they do a great enough job with this that they wind up rebooting both. :)

Still hoping this comes to consoles also.

Top Bottom