• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Gay and Bisexual relationship thread |OT|

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jinfash

needs 2 extra inches
<3
tumblr_m40sp22QaJ1qagc1ao1_400.png
Wow, this picture exists.

Cosmic Bus

pristine morning snow
I don't know, I believe in love at first sight. It's not commonplace at all, in fact I would say that it's extremely rare ... I mean I almost feel embarrassed saying that as it is such a huge cliche, but I've experienced it.

Yeah, much like some other very personal "sensations" (for lack of a better term coming to mind) it really needs to be experienced first-hand in order for the concept to seem anything but silly or even absurd. Love at first sight is pretty much impossible to make a logical argument for, but I absolutely know it exists.

Replicant

What if a person explicitly states "No hookups, just dates" and the other party plays along. Does that rule still apply? A friend is interested.
CDXyq.gif

He fucking hates that service. So convenient, yet so treacherous.

I tend to not trust guys at face value (especially the ones on hookup devices like Grindr). They'd say anything to get into your pants. Sometimes I understand what girls must feel all the time.

Besides not having expectation sometimes brings nice surprises. What was meant to be one-night stand can develop into FWB and then maybe something more.

hateradio

The Most Dangerous Yes Man
Yeah, much like some other very personal "sensations" (for lack of a better term coming to mind) it really needs to be experienced first-hand in order for the concept to seem anything but silly or even absurd. Love at first sight is pretty much impossible to make a logical argument for, but I absolutely know it exists.
Butterflies in the stomach times infinity.

That reminds me of a movie I watched today, Strapped. It was mostly mediocre, but there were a few interesting scenes.
One of the guys reminded me of my ex, I think.

I can't find one of the songs in it though. :'(

No matter what combination of lyrics I put into the search, I get nothing relevant. Not cool search engines! Not cool!

SaintZ

What if a person explicitly states "No hookups, just dates" and the other party plays along. Does that rule still apply? A friend is interested.
CDXyq.gif

He fucking hates that service. So convenient, yet so treacherous.
I use Grindr (and I have a NO SEX note written in my profile) and so far I've met 4 guys there. 3 of them ended up really cool, we still talk and hang out. Before meeting them though, I try to have some nice conversation to see their intentions.

Speaking of Grindr... this guy has been talking to me a lot but the thing is.. he's 39 and I'm 26 LOL. I don't know if it's a good idea to go out with him. My main concern is that he knows what he wants and knows what to say to me to get it (I think). The age gap is pretty big and our line of thought is different. Do you have an age limit when it comes to dating? The oldest guy I've gone out with was 33. But idk about 39. I guess I should stop talking to him.

Bladenic

So um if I'm just looking to experiment/try stuff out what would be the way to do so discreetly? I thought Craig list but I'm not so sure... Is Grindr good?

Dead Man

I use Grindr (and I have a NO SEX note written in my profile) and so far I've met 4 guys there. 3 of them ended up really cool, we still talk and hang out. Before meeting them though, I try to have some nice conversation to see their intentions.

Speaking of Grindr... this guy has been talking to me a lot but the thing is.. he's 39 and I'm 26 LOL. I don't know if it's a good idea to go out with him. My main concern is that he knows what he wants and knows what to say to me to get it (I think). The age gap is pretty big and our line of thought is different. Do you have an age limit when it comes to dating? The oldest guy I've gone out with was 33. But idk about 39. I guess I should stop talking to him.

I would hope by 26 you have the ability to say no... but I don't think there is any age limit that I would put as a solid rule. I may find some guys too old to find them physically attractive, but that's about it.

sphinx

the piano man

I particulary find age differences hot, my first relationship was with a 38 old bearded manly strong bear, I was 18 and pretty much a twink. That was hot.

Later relationships tended to narrow the age gap and now I'd like to finde someone not older than 42, my age being 34, that's my limit.

I'd suggest meet him not having any sort of future expectations, you'll see there how much of a match he is, despite the age difference and then you can make up your mind.

on a related note, I find interracial coupling extremely, extremely hot. One of the guys I was complaining about in the other posts, the tall ginger guy, I decided to be straightforward and blatantly wrote " I liked you a lot and would like you in my bed" (but put nicely and not showing some desperate eagerness, lol) and it turned out he is a bit shy and likes me too, or so he says :D..we'll meet this weekend , and we'll see what happens.

well thing is, my stats are 5'4 feet, 143 pounds, 34 years old (1.65 cm, 65 kg, 34) and dark brown eyes and hair, white skin though, very much standard latino, and a short guy like most mexicans :lol and he is 6'3 feet tall, 200 pounds, 43 years old (1.94 cm, 93 kg, 43) with red hair, intense aqua blue eyes, very northeuropean and I think we make a badass couple visually, I think the one makes the other one interesting in the eyes of the others.

When I am in the US and I see an all white, blond guy with a dark, black guy making out, I could almost get a boner from watching them stand side by side, I begin to construct all sorts of naughty sentences in my mind like
" oh you white boy, I am sure you have never had so much cock at once in your life, I hope you like your butthole spreaded wide"
(sorry for that I was just illustrating), I just think interracial couples are hot.

MarkusRJR

Hey GayGAF! I haven't posted in this thread in a long while. I guess it's cause nothing has really happened in my life and I don't like reading about relationships when I will never have one. Oh, and I kinda went into another fit of depression and have avoided talking to people and friends for a few months. That probably contributes to me not posting too I suppose.

I'm mainly posting because I'm looking for some advice. My brother just left to the US for an internship. It must be awesome being a well-known app developer. But before he left he told me he was bisexual (I already knew he liked dudes but it was nice to actually hear it). I personally think he's just gay and just doing a "half step" towards telling me he's gay. We're from a super religious family and he probably is just testing the waters with me. Doesn't really matter honestly what he likes as long as he isn't a rapist or anything.

What is confusing is that he's dating a guy younger than me (I just recently turned 19). He's 24 and the guy he's dating is 16 or 17. He's going to probably moving to the US for a full time job once he finishes his final year in uni after the internship. Apparently he says he might let him move in with him or he'll stay in our shithole city. Both sound like terrible options.

-If he brings him along to live with him I doubt he can afford to take care of both of them.
-If he stays here his career will go no where.

I really want to tell him that he's making a mistake but I don't want to make our relationship any worse. We aren't very close and while him telling me he's bi is something, I could easily get on his bad side. I kind of also think I should stay out of it because it's his life. I don't know what to do. I have too much shit to worry about myself.

I have to find a career I'll like studying at uni. I took a few bullshit courses last year so my dad wouldn't kick me out (I'm the disappointment child) but I need to actually put an effort into school this year. I just don't find anything interesting except music but I can't make a career out of that. I have 3 weeks till course registration so I need to find something.

Holy shit I just rambled so much right there. We'll... That's what I get for making a post at 5:30-ish AM. I think I might post some more in this thread so hopefully I don't seem too annoying.

sphinx, high five. Interracial couples are the best. Our very own Grailey proves that.

Hey GayGAF! I haven't posted in this thread in a long while. I guess it's cause nothing has really happened in my life and I don't like reading about relationships when I will never have one. Oh, and I kinda went into another fit of depression and have avoided talking to people and friends for a few months. That probably contributes to me not posting too I suppose.

Why do you think you'll never have one? Also what triggered the depression?

I really want to tell him that he's making a mistake but I don't want to make our relationship any worse. We aren't very close and while him telling me he's bi is something, I could easily get on his bad side. I kind of also think I should stay out of it because it's his life. I don't know what to do. I have too much shit to worry about myself.

If you're not that close, my first instinct is to say don't worry about it. However, if you want to be close and care about him, then tell him. Coach it in the most humblest, caring, polite way you can.

I have to find a career I'll like studying at uni. I took a few bullshit courses last year so my dad wouldn't kick me out (I'm the disappointment child) but I need to actually put an effort into school this year. I just don't find anything interesting except music but I can't make a career out of that. I have 3 weeks till course registration so I need to find something.

You can make a career out of music. It's a difficult path, but it is possible.

MarkusRJR

Why do you think you'll never have one? Also what triggered the depression?
There's literally no gay guys where I live. Well, technically there are but they're all queens that go to gay bars. I don't think I'll be able to keep a boyfriend either. I'd have to tell my father sooner or later and he would instantly kick me out (it's one of the reasons my brother wants to move). I hate lying even though I sometimes walk headfirst into lies. In response to the second question I don't know. I get into this cycle of stress and depression, then I stress-eat and I just feel bad. It keeps going on and on. It gets to a point where I gain weight and avoid people. Last time I stopped it by a friend intervening (it last happened when my mom died and people constantly bullied me). My friends all hate me now though. My only remaining friend has severe depression and I don't want to toss anything more on her. I've been trying to eat healthy but when I do all I can think about is food. It makes me feel happy fir a slight moment and then I hate myself more afterwards. I just feel pathetic in the end.

If you're not that close, my first instinct is to say don't worry about it. However, if you want to be close and care about him, then tell him. Coach it in the most humblest, caring, polite way you can.
Well we aren't close and I don't particularly intent to become close with him. I just want us to be on good terms before he moves out. I don't have any other family (apart from a father that hates everything that I am) and I'd be completely alone if he hated me. I just don't want him to fuck up such a good opportunity he has career-wise. It's something I'd expect him to do to me if I were doing something stupid, so it feels weird for me to not to do the same.

You can make a career out of music. It's a difficult path, but it is possible.
My father is against the arts (painting, music, etc). He wanted me to work in a cubicle when I grow up. The reason he's letting me stay at home is because I'm going to university to further his idea of an "education". While I'm paying for my own schooling, I wouldn't be able to afford a place to live and schooling at the same time so this is my only viable option to go to university and get an education. High school diplomas alone will get you no where. I just don't have any idea what I'd like to do. I somehow doubt 3 weeks will give me enough time to figure it out either.

I'm taking vocal lessons too but I doubt I'd be able to do so professionally. I'm thinking of learning guitar but it seems really confusing. If anything I'll keep doing music lessons as a side thing until I think I can make an album and perform.

Okay well I doubt whatever I'm writing is making sense anymore so I think it'd be best if I just stop rambling. I'm trying to pull an all nighter to fix my sleep schedule and there's only reading GAF or video games to keep me occupied at 7am. -sigh-

Oh, and interracial couples are really hot. Unf.

GothPunk

When I am in the US and I see an all white, blond guy with a dark, black guy making out, I could almost get a boner from watching them stand side by side, I begin to construct all sorts of naughty sentences in my mind like "oh you white boy, I am sure you have never had so much cock at once in your life, I hope you like your butthole spreaded wide" (sorry for that I was just illustrating), I just think interracial couples are hot.
Wow. That's quite the fantasy sphinx, haha.

We've never called each other 'white boy' and 'black boy' outside of jokes, that'd just be weird to me. But as for the rest of that sentence? ;) Who doesn't like being spread or doing the spreading? :p

sphinx, high five. Interracial couples are the best. Our very own Grailey proves that.
Aww, thanks Cupric! ;) I think it goes without saying that I agree :p Sure I've spoken before about how I appreciate hotness regardless of such differences.

We've been meaning to take some new pictures, so I'll make sure to let you guys know, lawl.

Cosmic Bus

pristine morning snow
Did you just look through related videos? I didn't even sign in since I'm lazy.

I can't sign in since getting banned for uploading a copyrighted BBC video, heh.

No, I just googled "Strapped movie soundtrack" and the movie's Facebook page was one of the first results. It was listed right on there! :)

i_am_ben

running_here_and_there

you know, Denial isn't just a drag queen from Harlem.

Cosmic Bus

pristine morning snow
-If he brings him along to live with him I doubt he can afford to take care of both of them.

While I don't think it'd necessarily be your place to interject direct opinions to your brother, there's no harm in simply voicing some concern about him potentially putting his career in the balance by trying to tie everything to this younger guy.

Not sure where you're from (UK?) but he may not realize that you can't just bring someone along when moving into the US. That alone will probably cause his situation to sort itself out naturally, heh.

There's literally no gay guys where I live. Well, technically there are but they're all queens that go to gay bars. I don't think I'll be able to keep a boyfriend either. I'd have to tell my father sooner or later and he would instantly kick me out (it's one of the reasons my brother wants to move). I hate lying even though I sometimes walk headfirst into lies.

Well, the lack of suitable candidates means not now, not never. Who knows what could happen tomorrow?

Would you really have to tell your father? Yea, lying isn't the best thing in the world, but sometimes it's necessary for happiness or safety. I mean it's not like you would be hurting anyone.

In response to the second question I don't know. I get into this cycle of stress and depression, then I stress-eat and I just feel bad. It keeps going on and on. It gets to a point where I gain weight and avoid people. Last time I stopped it by a friend intervening (it last happened when my mom died and people constantly bullied me). My friends all hate me now though. My only remaining friend has severe depression and I don't want to toss anything more on her. I've been trying to eat healthy but when I do all I can think about is food. It makes me feel happy fir a slight moment and then I hate myself more afterwards. I just feel pathetic in the end.

What happened with your friends? Also have you consider speaking to a therapist?

Well we aren't close and I don't particularly intent to become close with him. I just want us to be on good terms before he moves out. I don't have any other family (apart from a father that hates everything that I am) and I'd be completely alone if he hated me. I just don't want him to fuck up such a good opportunity he has career-wise. It's something I'd expect him to do to me if I were doing something stupid, so it feels weird for me to not to do the same.

I don't he'll hate you if you voice your concerns. Just don't browbeat him or anything.

My father is against the arts (painting, music, etc). He wanted me to work in a cubicle when I grow up. The reason he's letting me stay at home is because I'm going to university to further his idea of an "education". While I'm paying for my own schooling, I wouldn't be able to afford a place to live and schooling at the same time so this is my only viable option to go to university and get an education. High school diplomas alone will get you no where. I just don't have any idea what I'd like to do. I somehow doubt 3 weeks will give me enough time to figure it out either.

Normally, I would say continue with your education, but it seems like the environment you're in is toxic. A High School diploma may not be enough for a career, but it may get you something. Would it be feasible for you to postpone your studies, find a place, and then go back at some point? Or instead get a place while going to a cheaper university?

If anything I'll keep doing music lessons as a side thing until I think I can make an album and perform.

Great

Okay well I doubt whatever I'm writing is making sense anymore so I think it'd be best if I just stop rambling.

Hey, if you want to talk, talk.

BeesEight

I'm mainly posting because I'm looking for some advice. My brother just left to the US for an internship. It must be awesome being a well-known app developer. But before he left he told me he was bisexual (I already knew he liked dudes but it was nice to actually hear it). I personally think he's just gay and just doing a "half step" towards telling me he's gay. We're from a super religious family and he probably is just testing the waters with me. Doesn't really matter honestly what he likes as long as he isn't a rapist or anything.

Pet peeve - but if he says he's bi, he may actually be bi. Personal anecdote - my ex was convinced I was just doing the bi today, gay tomorrow routine until he actually had to watch me go through some fluid changes. It... caused some difficulties to say the least.

Hm, it sounds like there's some history there. Though, you do seem to genuinely care about his livelihood. I would air your concerns, but do it gently and in a supportive and understanding way. He may not want to listen to it, but at the very least it shows that you care about him.

There's literally no gay guys where I live.

I know that feeling.

I'm taking vocal lessons too but I doubt I'd be able to do so professionally. I'm thinking of learning guitar but it seems really confusing. If anything I'll keep doing music lessons as a side thing until I think I can make an album and perform.

I had a friend who wrote and produced an album all the while taking her English Lit degree at university. She didn't want to pursue a music career but loved it so much that it had been a life dream to publish an album. It is very possible to further your artistic talents while studying something else at school (especially since those skills benefit more from practice than rote learning).

I'd say continue studying music and pursuing that career while you get your degree in whatever.

We've been meaning to take some new pictures, so I'll make sure to let you guys know, lawl.

I'm still waiting on those pics ever since you teased them in the Post New Pics thread!

Prez

I want all my classmates to know I'm gay. I know them for almost a year now and still haven't been able to fit it in a conversation. Here's the thing: I'm not in the closet. If someone had asked me half a year ago I would have given an honest answer. Even my Facebook profile says I like men, but no one has taken a look at my profile. I need to do this now, otherwise I have to wait till next year and then it gets awkward (ie it would seem like I've been in the closet all that time).

So what's the best way to let them know? I've been looking for a Facebook page to like, but can't find one that seems good enough for everyone to see.

I want all my classmates to know I'm gay. I know them for almost a year now and still haven't been able to fit it in a conversation. Here's the thing: I'm not in the closet. If someone had asked me half a year ago I would have given an honest answer. Even my Facebook profile says I like men, but no one has taken a look at my profile. I need to do this now, otherwise I have to wait till next year and then it gets awkward (ie it would seem like I've been in the closet all that time).

So what's the best way to let them know? I've been looking for a Facebook page to like, but can't find one that seems good enough for everyone to see.

Why bother? Unless you plan on doing some SUDDEN and MAJOR MINCING.

BeesEight

During your final exam, stand up in the middle of it and proudly proclaim to the world.

Alternatively, make some mention to a couple of friends along the lines of "man, I really need to find a boyfriend" and let the general rumour mill do its work.

Sagitario

Do you really have to announce it, Stabbie?

To be frank, it seems kind of attention whorish.

I don't see anything wrong about wanting friends and close acquaintances to know. I am sure he has his reasons for "letting it out" and it isn't "just because".

It's all about how you do it and the your behavior/attitude towards it.

I don't see anything wrong about wanting friends and close acquaintances to know. I am sure he has his reasons for "letting it out" and it isn't "just because".

It's all about how you do it and the your behavior/attitude towards it.

Um, he said all his classmates not friends and close acquaintances. Unless all his classmates are friends and close acquaintances?

Which is exactly why I haven't told them yet...

You seem kind of assholish btw.

Well, that's a new adjective. Thank you.

Bailey 87

Are you sure they don't already know. it is on your facebook that you like men. Maybe they haven't said anything because they don't see it as a big deal.

Just post a status saying so and so is really hot, should do the trick.

Sai-kun

Banned
I personally think he's just gay and just doing a "half step" towards telling me he's gay. We're from a super religious family and he probably is just testing the waters with me. Doesn't really matter honestly what he likes as long as he isn't a rapist or anything.

bpWWr.gif

Prez

Are you sure they don't already know. it is on your facebook that you like men. Maybe they haven't said anything because they don't see it as a big deal.

I've thought about but I'm pretty sure they don't know. These are the kind of people who are accepting but couldn't wait to make some jokes about it if they found out.

This is certainly isn't information that would've been helpful to know.

So is it or is it not?

BeesEight

I'm guessing if they don't know despite his Facebook profile saying so then they're not really following Facebook.

It could also be that they've turned off notifications. Can you do that with Facebook?

Stabbie, have you tried commenting on the attractiveness of someone in your class? Not to be stereotypical, but just mention to a female friend you find X hot and generally she'll just share that information with everyone. Also, if you take a laptop to class, just put a shirtless guy as your background. That's a pretty big giveaway too.

Prez

None... at all? D:

Nope, but I got over it. This summer I'm going to Paris and to a dozen concerts all alone. Just because you've got no one to do something with, doesn't mean you should stay home.

I'm guessing if they don't know despite his Facebook profile saying so then they're not really following Facebook.

It could also be that they've turned off notifications. Can you do that with Facebook?

It was already on my profile when they added me, so they wouldn't get a notification? Someone would only find out if he/she specifically went to my profile and clicked on "about" to see my info.

Stabbie, have you tried commenting on the attractiveness of someone in your class? Not to be stereotypical, but just mention to a female friend you find X hot and generally she'll just share that information with everyone. Also, if you take a laptop to class, just put a shirtless guy as your background. That's a pretty big giveaway too.

I find no one hot in my class and if I were to tell a female classmate she would tell everyone and everyone would think I'm interested in that guy. It would make me feel a lot more awkward than just saying I'm gay.

Also I don't talk that much to my female classmates. The only thing I have in common with women is we both like men. Other than that I have much more to talk about with other guys.

Sagitario

I've thought about but I'm pretty sure they don't know. These are the kind of people who are accepting but couldn't wait to make some jokes about it if they found out.

So is it or is it not?

He's probably being sarcastic and means "this certainly isn't information that would've been helpful to know".
Honestly, I don't think it makes a difference if you have friends or not [in this situation, because even if you had friends, you see your classmates everyday].

Stabbie said:
Nope, but I got over it. This summer I'm going to Paris and to a dozen concerts all alone. Just because you've got no one to do something with, doesn't mean you should stay home

Never implied that. It's just that friends have been such an important part of my life that it's hard to imagine life without them.
I have stayed at home [outside of my hermit periods] because I would rather not watch a movie than going to the theater alone, though.

Isn't. Sarcasm, but I type too fast. DX

Whatever. Just go up to your female classmates and say "[Insert Male Celebrity Here] is hot, isn't he?" Boom. Done.

Lol, to me, just going ahead and telling them, "hey, did you know I'm gay btw? Because I am.", seems less forced than shoehorning it into some kind of ~natural conversation~. :)

But I guess it depends on the situation and how well you know the people.

BeesEight

I find no one hot in my class and if I were to tell a female classmate she would tell everyone and everyone would think I'm interested in that guy. It would make me feel a lot more awkward than just saying I'm gay.

Also I don't talk that much to my female classmates. The only thing I have in common with women is we both like men. Other than that I have much more to talk about with other guys.

Bemoan that there's no hot guys in your class then. :p

There really isn't much you need in common in order to talk to girls. And, I find, there's still plenty to discuss even if you don't share the same views. I mean, you share the same classes, so you have some common ground to begin conversations with. Though, this isn't the Dating Thread, so you probably don't need advice on how to speak to the ladies.

And you never know, you may actually have more in common with some girls than you think.

I'm a little surprised there hasn't been any opportunity to sneak this in with guys though. I mean... aren't they pretty regularly commenting on girls they find attractive and who they think is hot in class? It's really easy just to add to those conversations "eh, they're really not my thing" at that point.

Lol, to me, just going ahead and telling them, "hey, did you know I'm gay btw? Because I am.", seems less forced than shoehorning it into some kind of ~natural conversation~. :)

I also think it depends on the person too. If I were to just walk up to a friend and say that, it would seem really bizarre and out of nowhere.

Prez

If it hasn't come up naturally, then what else is there?

You're probably right. Should I tell everyone at once then or just tell one person and he/she will tell the rest?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom