• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Gears of War 2 |OT| ...Maria...MARIA!!!

Great looking thread.

I really like the look of the new maps. UGHHH. So much to do on launch day. Horde, Campaign, all the maps and new modes.

MMMmmmm good.

Just 1 more week.

EviLore

Expansive Ellipses
Staff Member
I said I was gonna remove any posts between part 1 and part 2 of the OP. No reason to make a big deal out of it.

fi3rypho3nix said:
:lol

Man, I have not been this stoked for a since Halo 1. All of the press seems to indicate I want be letdown either. Great time to be a 360 gamer. Got me a Turtle Beach X4 surround sound headset just for this game.:D
AX360 user right here. :D

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
Amazing thread.

BeeDog

Wes said:
5mg50m.gif

Best freaking .gif I've seen in ages. :lol :lol :lol

DKo5

Respawn Entertainment
Yes.

Oh my, YES.

Its so close. My LE + Lancer from Amazon can't get here soon enough.

Also, put me in the "wishing Insane was unlocked from the start" group. I don't need to mess around with any pansy Hardcore mode >:|

fourzerotwo said:
Epic thread (no pun intended). My hype train is in full force, just scored (as in minutes ago) my very own Gears of War 2 cog tag:

2970595152_ccf476d6e6.jpg

Can't wait. It unlocked a wallpaper from the new trailer (when they're in the pod), I'll post it on my flickr for all to use.
You sir are full of win.

Kydd BlaZe said:
Only two more weeks!!!

UGH...the wait is destroying my mind =S
The last week won't be that bad, since we'll have the reviews on the 3rd and technically the game will come out on the 6th at midnight. If I can get through this coming week, I'll be good.

soldat7

I can hardly wait. Fable II should be well behind me by the time this comes out. I just hope I don't suck online like I did in the original. :|

Hootie

Though I can't wait, at least I'll have Saints Row 2, Fable 2, and Fallout 3 to tide me over until release day :D

bumpkin

ThirdEngine said:
So is anyone else picking up the prequel novel on Tuesday?
I've got my copy preordered at my local Borders. I can't wait! :D

Of course I can't wait for the game either, but that's a whole 'nother story. I may have to fire up the original and play some matches for old times' sake.

Kydd BlaZe

bumpkin said:
I've got my copy preordered at my local Borders. I can't wait! :D

Of course I can't wait for the game either, but that's a whole 'nother story. I may have to fire up the original and play some matches for old times' sake.
Oh shit! Almost forgot about that! Damn, gotta get my copy ASAP!

kuYuri

Whoa, earlier than I expected for this thread.

Anyway, got SE preordered at Amazon. $10 Gift card and release date delivery ftw! :D

I'm also relying on someone who works at Gamestop to get me a gold Hammerburst code.

Gears 2! As my boy Baird would say...SHIT YEAH! I took off the day of, and the day after release from work. Can't wait. Haven't been this excited for a game since Halo 3. Multiplayer is going to flat out own.

spermatic cord said:
I wish Insane was unlocked from the start =(

Replayability, blah, blah, blah.

EDIT: lol Awesome job on the thread BTW.

I am in the camp that thinks it needs a subtitle, BTW.

Aladuf

Banned
ToyMachine228 said:
Gears 2! As my boy Baird would say...SHIT YEAH! I took off the day of, and the day after release from work. Can't wait. Haven't been this excited for a game since Halo 3. Multiplayer is going to flat out own.
Same here, I wrote off those two days a while back. :D

Awsome thread

Is there any information on online multiplayer? I'm curious to know if matchmaking was implemented . I'm sick of fucking anal hosts

SuperAndroid17 said:
Awsome thread

Is there any information on online multiplayer? I'm curious to know if matchmaking was implemented . Very sick of fucking anal hosts that boot everyone

Apparently the matchmaking is just like Halo 3's.

Wark

Nice thread Aladuf. I'm most likely getting the limited edition version of the game. The Amazon edition of the game is nice, but I think that is gonna hurt my wallet.

Mark V

Kudos Aladuf and M0dus on the thread, and closing out the second post with the "Rendezvous" poem and artwork was top-notch!

And so it begins; awesome OP.

Any reports on how long the campaign will be? And this game looks fucking fantastic. Best looking console game yet?

Top Bottom