• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Gears of War 3 |OT2| Ashes to Ashes, Peer to Peer

So is there anyway to get the Socialite achievement nowadays or am I screwed?

Played Gears 3 multi up until last summer then my buddies and I just started playing private wingman.

Noticed they patched it so everyone got the 29/30 events. So can you still get it?

MjFrancis

It is a great game. I've been playing it quite a bit lately, and was about to today until I booted it up this afternoon and found my rank reset. I know my wife watched a DVD on the 360 today, but normally rank resets happen when the Xbox 360 freezes while you're playing the game, right? It really sapped my motivation to play.

Anyways, I'm reading that I might be able to recover my play data, but I can't play in the meantime or it will overwrite it.

It is a great game. I've been playing it quite a bit lately, and was about to today until I booted it up this afternoon and found my rank reset. I know my wife watched a DVD on the 360 today, but normally rank resets happen when the Xbox 360 freezes while you're playing the game, right? It really sapped my motivation to play.

Anyways, I'm reading that I might be able to recover my play data, but I can't play in the meantime or it will overwrite it.

Oh that sucks. I thought that was something they patched up?

Ballistik

Damn, nobody here plays gear 3 multi anymore :(

Such a great game

I started playing Gears 3 again on a regular basis. I had stopped for a couple of months but here I am playing every day again. Anyways as far as your question, I noticed they abandonded updating the events they used to do weekly, so I don't think you can do it right now. I say your only shot is if they do an event for a big holiday such as halloween.

AlStrong

I was hoping they'd do something similar to the Halo 3 MP disc for Judgment e.g. include Horde/regular MP in Judgment, then include a disc 2 with all the Gears 3 maps/DLC that needs to be installed. Unify the fanbase whilst making sure everyone has the DLC? Kinda annoyed that I was barely able to use the new maps in Horde (practically only private matches for me).

Hell, RAAM's Shadow takes place during E-Day anyway...

Meh, lots of stuff they could have carried over from 3 into Judgment just to add value (existing weapon skins, the rest of the human characters - unlocks for playing previous games...)

*sigh*

Ballistik

I was hoping they'd do something similar to the Halo 3 MP disc for Judgment e.g. include Horde/regular MP in Judgment, then include a disc 2 with all the Gears 3 maps/DLC that needs to be installed. Unify the fanbase whilst making sure everyone has the DLC? Kinda annoyed that I was barely able to use the new maps in Horde (practically only private matches for me).

Hell, RAAM's Shadow takes place during E-Day anyway...

Meh, lots of stuff they could have carried over from 3 into Judgment just to add value (existing weapon skins, the rest of the human characters - unlocks for playing previous games...)

*sigh*

Yeah, the new MP has no extra value over Gears 3. The game already had the issue of way too many playlists, all they did with judgment is split up the gears community even more.

Ketch

I've got two codes to unlock coporal tai in GoW: Judgement.

First two people to post some corporal tai fan art can have em.

edit: woops is this the wrong thread?

Yeah, the new MP has no extra value over Gears 3. The game already had the issue of way too many playlists, all they did with judgment is split up the gears community even more.

I played Gears 3 today because of free xbl. I only played Horde, but before that I just had to check how many people still play this game. And not many play this game. I checked out Judgment from watching someone play it on stream. It's good but there are a lot of issues in that game where I can't explain. Also, there are only 4 maps in that game for the time being and the cost of the dlc characters. Even though Judgment looks fun, but I'm not spending that much on it.

Carm

So, I've had two Gears 3 LE controllers unopened for awhile after MS sent me new ones to replace defective ones. Forgot all about the codes inside. Here are two 5, I think, weapon skin codes, I have no idea if they still work or not, there is no date printed on them.

Quote to see, if I did it right anyway heh.

Kabuto

So, I've had two Gears 3 LE controllers unopened for awhile after MS sent me new ones to replace defective ones. Forgot all about the codes inside. Here are two 5, I think, weapon skin codes, I have no idea if they still work or not, there is no date printed on them.

Quote to see, if I did it right anyway heh.

wow I just put in the first code and it worked. Thank you for the skin!

Don't suppose anyone is interested in playing?

Want to get some of the achievements (namely some of the Forces of Nature and 4 player co-op ones) but been playing it quite a lot online and think its great I'm up for games anyway even if people don't want to go for some of the achievements. Horde and Beast are my personal favourites, i've got the seasons pass so all the maps etc.

oneida

Cock Strain, Lifetime Warranty
I've got a B2G1 coupon for Target and was considering using it towards Gears 3. How does 3 stand up to the rest of the series? Is it ok if I've played 1 & 2 but finished neither?

Ghazi

How does 3 stand up to the rest of the series? Is it ok if I've played 1 & 2 but finished neither?

I personally think it's the best in the series, mainly in MP though.

Yes, you can jump to 3 alone because there's a "Previously on Gears" video that explains the storyline prior to the start of 3.

Also, if anyone wants to play this game I do play it fairly frequently, I just haven't been on in a while but I'm back. Hit me up at: DJ Ghazi and let me know you're from GearsGAF. hopefully we can get a party of people going (I do have the Season Pass, btw)

Kabuto

I personally think it's the best in the series, mainly in MP though.

Also, if anyone wants to play this game I do play it fairly frequently, I just haven't been on in a while but I'm back. Hit me up at: Ghazzarro and let me know you're from GearsGAF. hopefully we can get a party of people going (I do have the Season Pass, btw)

I agree on Gears 3 being the best in MP; dunno how anyone can say any of the other games are better.

I hit you up on Xbox too. If anyone else is reading this and still plays, I'm Donaldduck287 on Xbox.

Ghazi

I hit you up on Xbox too. If anyone else is reading this and still plays, I'm Donaldduck287 on Xbox.

Me and Kabuto played some games today, seriously, you guys should jump on and play with us sometime. I'd love to get some GAF parties going on Live, it can't hurt to give the game another try.

Persona7

Banned
Did Epic ever say anything about a complete edition of this game with the DLC included?

I booted the game up today and all my beta unlocks vanished. My gears 2 golden lancer also doesn't work anymore.

Skilotonn

xbot xbot xbot xbot xbot
Did Epic ever say anything about a complete edition of this game with the DLC included?

I booted the game up today and all my beta unlocks vanished. My gears 2 golden lancer also doesn't work anymore.

That sounds like your save file is messed up - is your XP rank and other medals still there?

Ghazi

I was really hoping that MS would be giving Gears 3 away with the Games with Gold promotion so that the game would get a huge population boost. I know that Gears 1 probably has one now, but I feel like it would've been much more fun with Gears 3, makes me sad, so much missed potential.

I was really hoping that MS would be giving Gears 3 away with the Games with Gold promotion so that the game would get a huge population boost. I know that Gears 1 probably has one now, but I feel like it would've been much more fun with Gears 3, makes me sad, so much missed potential.

Halo 3 didn't get much of a sustained boost during this promotion. It got a shot of users for a little but, but it's already disappeared again off the Top 20 list.

Ghazi

Halo 3 didn't get much of a sustained boost during this promotion. It got a shot of users for a little but, but it's already disappeared again off the Top 20 list.

I feel like a lot more people would've stuck around for Gears 3. Halo 3, as good as it is, feels pretty dated. Netcode isn't that great and lack of sprint may be a killer for some, almost all the playlists requiring all the dlc. Gears 3 on the other hand his all those and feels pretty modern.

Yeah, it would have been great if Gears 3 was free for Gold members.
There would have been some DLC money in it for MS and the devs too, Im sure.

Does this still have an active online community? Wondering if it's worth grabbing off GoD

Gears 3 isn't even in the Xbox 360 Top 20 anymore. Modern Warfare 2, a game that came out two years before Gears 3, is still #15. And barely anyone is on MW2 anymore. That should tell you something.

Even here in Australia, I can still get a full lobby during peak-ish times, so Im sure people in the US wouldnt have any probs with that.

I still play this game every friday with friends. it's pretty active at those times. really looking for a TPS to take over for this game on next-gen.

Persona7

Banned
That sounds like your save file is messed up - is your XP rank and other medals still there?

Everything is gone, seems to be a bug with a previous title update. I haven't played this game in a while so I probably got that bug. If I didn't play a few games I could have recovered it but oh well.

I came back to multi player. This game is still fun as hell and I encourage any Gears players to come give it a try. I been cycling thru Gears 1/2/3 the last few days and yes you can still find execution is Gears 1 and yes the lag is still horrible in Gears 2.

Been having a blast.

Judderman

drawer by drawer
So I'm about to buy the DLC maps for this game and was wondering if buying the Season Pass nowadays still gets you everything that's been released or do I have to buy every pack separately?

Ghazi

So I'm about to buy the DLC maps for this game and was wondering if buying the Season Pass nowadays still gets you everything that's been released or do I have to buy every pack separately?

Season pass gets you everything, all 3 MP map packs, and Raam's Shadow!

Gonna fire of the 360 as I've got a 5 day weekend, dust off the Gnasher and see if I can still smoke fools after over 6 months off.

Can't wait.

Still P4P the best MP of all time.

Gonna fire of the 360 as I've got a 5 day weekend, dust off the Gnasher and see if I can still smoke fools after over 6 months off.

Can't wait.

Still P4P the best MP of all time.

Yes! Cant wait for the next Gears. All's it needs, besides the best elements from Gears1/Gears 3 MP is a ranking/matchmaking system like Halo 2. I hate being team up with fools that have no idea what they're doing versus Gears veterans. If they seriously implements a system like this, it'll take Gears MP to the next level like H2 did with the Halo franchise. This is a NEED!

Top Bottom