• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Gears of War 3 |OT2| Ashes to Ashes, Peer to Peer

dmg04

#DEADWRONG
For the love of God, no one in the Beast playlist has the DLC so it's impossible to get the Beast achievements. :(

I'll be playing tomorrow. If anyone would like to join up for achievos, let me know. I literally have not played this game seriously since last october when my friend passed away.

Within a week of beating the game 4 player insane mode and earning the co-op achievo, he had a heart attack. I miss that fuck.

malfcn

Checking it to say this game is still awful. Neither of my friends' bullets do shit. We stand there both reloading on a single guy and they never fall down.

mernst23

Poor gears, 1 year later and and it barely got out of OT1. I still haven't touched the game since I got Seriously 3.0. I might go back and eventually play towards the rank 400, but i'm perfectly fine with my rank 205.

malfcn

Poor gears, 1 year later and and it barely got out of OT1. I still haven't touched the game since I got Seriously 3.0. I might go back and eventually play towards the rank 400, but i'm perfectly fine with my rank 205.

I wish I could get Seriously 3.0, tips?
Also, the game is 12th in Activity this week. :(

And this is what continues to frustrate the hell out of me.

qR2C7.png

If I am O and they are X, why are they downing me?

I started playing Gears 3 last week and damn it felt great going back to that game. Playing horde and some multiplayer. Did they change horde a bit because I was surprised to see corpses and centipedes at the beginning of the waves.

malfcn

Can people hide pickups? I got to snipe first on Azura and got my head taken. The game never said they picked up Longshot.

I never finished GOW 3 it kind of lost me after the first 2 chapters. I got bored, and played more MP which I thought was fantastic than SP. Should I revisit this game?

Kabuto

I never finished GOW 3 it kind of lost me after the first 2 chapters. I got bored, and played more MP which I thought was fantastic than SP. Should I revisit this game?

I still play the multiplayer to this day and it still is pretty fun even with the smaller community. The SP gets better during the end so I think it's worth it to finish it.
if anything else just finish it for the achievements

Ywap

The single player coop mess is boring beyond comprehension. The first two games were certainly no masterpieces but they were atleast bearable.

I can see that some (not much) fun can be had playing with friends but if you´re playing solo.... just don´t.

If you even manage to be badly injured (almost impossible on hardcore) a tap on the shoulder is all it takes for a cog to be back on his feet. Good times.

The single player coop mess is boring beyond comprehension. The first two games were certainly no masterpieces but they were atleast bearable.
I had the most fun in Gears 3 with it's co op components (campaign, arcade, horde & beast). Loads more than straight up competitive multiplayer. I have an awesome team of friends and we all enjoy Gears. Maybe you were bored because of bad company? :)

Skilotonn

xbot xbot xbot xbot xbot
Pete from Epic has set everyone that didn't get the Onyx medal for War Supporter to 29/30 events, and whatever the next event you play will get you the Onyx medal & Achievement.

So now you guys that didn't get it before can get it now - good job Epic, doing it for the fans again.

zlatko

Banned
So looking into 2013 and what games I may buy, I started to mull over Judgement. I went to the EPIC forums to read up on it since I'm basically entirely out of the loop aside from the announcement trailer stuff and that PCF is developing it.

Things I read I'm curious about:

No mention of dedi servers
Active shots are out of MP
Stopping power removed
Sawed off returns

Are you guys pumped for this game? I said it in this thread a couple times, but this game does nothing for me for hype yet. Looking back at my Gears history love, I played Gears 1 damn near religiously, hated the shit out of Gears of War 2 and yet played it a fair amount, and Gears 3 I felt was a really solid product and the dedi servers addition was fantastic, but in the end I stuck with Gears 3 for 2 months tops since it was missing that "addictive" element that Gears 1 and even 2 had.

Where do you guys stand on Judgement?

I'll always be pumped for Gears but my interest in this game isn't as high as past games. I don't know why but even though Gears3 was the best in the series I didn't play it nearly as long as I played 1/2.

perhaps when the release date gets closer and we learn about more game modes I'll start to get hyped.

I played KotH almost exclusively with a group of guys every weekend for about a year straight. Lots and lots of fun times were had.

All I need is a KotH playlist announcement for Judgement, and I'm in there

So looking into 2013 and what games I may buy, I started to mull over Judgement. I went to the EPIC forums to read up on it since I'm basically entirely out of the loop aside from the announcement trailer stuff and that PCF is developing it.

Things I read I'm curious about:

No mention of dedi servers
Active shots are out of MP
Stopping power removed
Sawed off returns

Are you guys pumped for this game? I said it in this thread a couple times, but this game does nothing for me for hype yet. Looking back at my Gears history love, I played Gears 1 damn near religiously, hated the shit out of Gears of War 2 and yet played it a fair amount, and Gears 3 I felt was a really solid product and the dedi servers addition was fantastic, but in the end I stuck with Gears 3 for 2 months tops since it was missing that "addictive" element that Gears 1 and even 2 had.

Where do you guys stand on Judgement?
I played a few rounds of FFA at PAX and I thought it was a lot of fun. Probably because I was steamrolling everybody, but still, I liked the quicker pace. Having grenades on a separate button like Halo is a welcome change. I also welcome having a hip-fire reticule.

Man I played the shit out of this game for the first 5 months but it's impossible to play well nowadays. Such a shame.

I only had three achievements (the two prestige ones and Seriously) left for 2000, too.

Skilotonn

xbot xbot xbot xbot xbot
They've barely announced anything yet still, and although the Sawed-Off is still in the game, the last talks about it was that it would pick-up only or dropped completely.

So we probably wait for the next big media drop to form ideas, since it's still early anyways.

Only reason I haven't gone back to Gears 3 yet is vacation out of the country + Halo 4 when I got back.

Brolic Gaoler

formerly Alienshogun
The inclusion of the sawed off combined with the removal of stopping power is going to create issues.

The only defense from a sawed off (in the hands of someone that isn't a complete moron) is stopping power.

Kabuto

By the way, there is going to be a new trailer next Friday at the Video Game Award's on GTTV. might have some new info about the game
or it could be an a cg trailer like the E3 trailer.

zlatko

Banned
The inclusion of the sawed off combined with the removal of stopping power is going to create issues.

The only defense from a sawed off (in the hands of someone that isn't a complete moron) is stopping power.

My worry isn't that these things happen, but that we'll get dickhead responses if there is no playlist that is classic or akin to Gears of War 1. I hope PCF will listen more than Cliff did when we requested a classic playlist, and he said, "Go play Gears 1 then."

I haven't played G3 in many, many months and last night I jumped in to play some Horde with a buddy.

Now, I know for a fact that I only played in 2 or 3 events, but once I finally got to the title screen all kinds of notifications suddenly popped up including some about unlocking characters (??) and a notification that I had completed 29 of the required 30 events to get the Onyx (and achievement) for playing events.

Anyone know what's happened? and either way, what's the current/next event so I can actually unlock that Onyx?

*edit*

I just read a bit further up about what happend, lol. dunno how I missed it as I read through the last couple of pages before posting. Ho-hum, either way my last question stands.

Brolic Gaoler

formerly Alienshogun
My worry isn't that these things happen, but that we'll get dickhead responses if there is no playlist that is classic or akin to Gears of War 1. I hope PCF will listen more than Cliff did when we requested a classic playlist, and he said, "Go play Gears 1 then."

If Halo is any indication "listening to fans" is a thing of the past.

VGA trailer for GoW:J reveals the big bad for the Solo stuff i heard.

It feels like forever since i played GoW3.

Not sure how excited I am for the new one. I wonder if 3 was the last moments we will see of the universe?

Moofers

I got on a couple weeks ago (I think) and was able to play online without having a gold account. Do they do free holidays or something? I'm thinking maybe it was Thanksgiving? I didn't see any Turkey heads or whatever though.

I'm reluctant to pay for LIVE these days, so I'm trying to get by on freebies when possible. Anyone know if Xmas will be open to silver cheapskates like me?

Any Horde heads still around? Never went 50 levels on Insane. Would like to put together a competent 5-man crew, I've got two players and the Super Reload mod to make it fun.

We could schedule a day and time and then lock 'n load.

I haven't gotten to level 50 on any difficulty yet. I don't know what it was about this game, but I just could never get a Horde group together. Also still need to finish up 4 player Insane co-op. I'm somewhere in Act 4.

I haven't gotten to level 50 on any difficulty yet. I don't know what it was about this game, but I just could never get a Horde group together. Also still need to finish up 4 player Insane co-op. I'm somewhere in Act 4.

So we can mark you down as interested? I've only 50'd Hardcore and Normal, but I can't imagine Insane would be that tough with a full squad and Super Reload.

Top Bottom