• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Gears of War 3 |OT2| Ashes to Ashes, Peer to Peer

Anyone still play this on a consistent basis? I'm thinking about hoping back into this until Halo 4 drops, but none of my friends play this game anymore.

Booshka

And using private chat to coordinate ranked matches with friends.

"HEY RANDOM. GO TO LOCUST."

And playing 20 War Machine games straight to get my Torque Bow achievement.

good fucking times. Gears 1 was the first online game I got into.

I did all of this haha, awesome. Played a lot of Gears 1 back in the day, and loved it for what it was.

I just picked up Gears 3 for 15 bucks at best buy, I played it a bit a few weeks ago, but didn't hold onto it. I'd be down to play with some of you guys if any of you still play. My main account is Silver right now but I have another account that is gonna be Gold for a bit. PM if you wanna play. I play Execution mostly.

Sigmaah

Hate to rant, but HOLY SHIT this game is so fucking bad, and this is coming from a diehard GoW fan. Maps suck, GoW2 maps were way better. People sponge like its GoW2, Gnasher does so much damage from far away, AR's are still op as fuck. My god this game is a disappointment. Anymore updates coming out for this game that will fix this dumb shit that should've been fixed a long time ago? Seems like the game is done due to the new GoW game coming out...

Domino Theory

Crystal Dynamics
Anyone play this? I still need to get some of these Horde, Beast, and Campaign achievements so I can just relax and stick to MP the rest of the time. :p

For anyone still playing this is the season pass still worth it? Maps of the disc are getting boring..need some more for versus. Are they in circulation a decent amount?

Skilotonn

xbot xbot xbot xbot xbot
For anyone still playing this is the season pass still worth it? Maps of the disc are getting boring..need some more for versus. Are they in circulation a decent amount?

If you really love the gameplay like I do, then yes, considering you get plenty of maps & characters & skins.

Map rotation is very good, doesn't repeat and it jumps from pack to pack to disc maps real good.

bimet

I played tonight for a while. Did really good for a couple of matches, and was subsequently accused of cheating. Guy threatens to have multiple people file complaints and to call MS. What is this "bridging" I'm hearing now? And how likely is MS to take action because some sore loser and his friends got their feelings hurt? I would hope MS actually takes the time to verify whatever claim they make...

Brolic Gaoler

formerly Alienshogun
I played tonight for a while. Did really good for a couple of matches, and was subsequently accused of cheating. Guy threatens to have multiple people file complaints and to call MS. What is this "bridging" I'm hearing now? And how likely is MS to take action because some sore loser and his friends got their feelings hurt? I would hope MS actually takes the time to verify whatever claim they make...

Lol, he was accusing you of forcing host.

That's funny as shit.

bimet

I heard stuff about giving preferential treatment to my team, and so that's why their shots were causing more damage, shit about forcing lag on them, etc. etc. Never "Hey, maybe we just fucked up on that one." Sad, but oh well. Anyway, if anyone still wants something in this game, I'm in.

Ramirez

Are the map packs worth picking up? I'd hate to drop so much money if the population isn't there...

Well, I went ahead and got the FR & FON map packs, plus the booster map pack. Whenever I go to TDM though, it tells me I don't have the required maps to play on dedis, what gives?

Skilotonn

xbot xbot xbot xbot xbot
Are the map packs worth picking up? I'd hate to drop so much money if the population isn't there...

Well, I went ahead and got the FR & FON map packs, plus the booster map pack. Whenever I go to TDM though, it tells me I don't have the required maps to play on dedis, what gives?

That's strange considering you have the Fenix Rises pack as you said in your post - maybe redownload it again or something.

I thought dedis were only in ranked now, but I have no idea

but the new maps are pretty cool

RedSwirl

Anybody know good ways to get the Big Money badge (earn a shit ton of money in Horde)? I'm thinking of playing solo Horde on casual to get more of the money for myself.

Despite the fact that I've been playing this game for a long time, I'm only now noticing a neat visual cue to tell whether a sniper has his gun pointed at you. When you're in the snipers line of fire, a little refractive beam/spot of light will shine right in front of your character. As the sniper stays focused on your position via his scope, and as he moves his body or adjusts the position of his weapon, the ray of light will bend with the snipers movements. This is your cue! You're being stalked! Another cool thing is that the beam of light will point you in the direction of the snipers position, so you'll know exactly where you're being watched from. There are other, more obvious ways to tell when a sniper is focused on you, but with this visual cue, there's no doubt whatsoever If you're being watched.

It's pretty wild that the cue has been there this while time right in front of my fat face, but it's only now that I'm noticing it. I'm sure most of you all probably already knew about this nifty little cue.

Skilotonn

xbot xbot xbot xbot xbot
Anybody know good ways to get the Big Money badge (earn a shit ton of money in Horde)? I'm thinking of playing solo Horde on casual to get more of the money for myself.

I'd say do the boss waves solo over and over since they give the most money.

Despite the fact that I've been playing this game for a long time, I'm only now noticing a neat visual cue to tell whether a sniper has his gun pointed at you. When you're in the snipers line of fire, a little refractive beam/spot of light will shine right in front of your character. As the sniper stays focused on your position via his scope, and as he moves his body or adjusts the position of his weapon, the ray of light will bend with the snipers movements. This is your cue! You're being stalked! Another cool thing is that the beam of light will point you in the direction of the snipers position, so you'll know exactly where you're being watched from. There are other, more obvious ways to tell when a sniper is focused on you, but with this visual cue, there's no doubt whatsoever If you're being watched.

It's pretty wild that the cue has been there this while time right in front of my fat face, but it's only now that I'm noticing it. I'm sure most of you all probably already knew about this nifty little cue.

Yeah, it's been in since the beta - good for those new to the game, I myself usually hunted those with snipers or got the sniper myself in Gears 1 & 2 since I never liked playing a match with one on the other team in his hands.

it's worth it for Jacinto alone.

mernst23

Solo horde with super reload mutator on hardcore/insane Waves 7-10. friendly fire + enemy health regen get you more money too. Only downside is that the boss wave will kill you most times. You get a difficulty bonus for the higher the difficulty you play. Setting up camp at the top of blood drive (strongly suggest blood drive) or overpass funnels the enemies pretty well. Or take off enemy regen and place with instagib melee. That way you can spend all your money on forts and if berserkers come up to you a b button press is all you need.

I really, really doubt it.
And if they do have dedi servers, they won't be placed properly around the world and people who aren't in big countries with good servers will get screwed like in Gears 3...a game that supposedly fixed the lag issues. Fixed it my ass. Game worked alright for about a month or two, and then it went downhill...Fuck, I hate Gears connection issues and it's my favorite MP game. :/

malfcn

Holy shit this game still is ass. 20MB connection and point blank hard aims on AFK players to the head take multiple shots. Hope Judgment is better. Love Gears. Hate Gears.

nel e nel

Anyone else notice that the MP playlists are all effed up? I'm only showing all the vanilla gametypes in the Standard list, and my Forces of Nature list is blank.

zlatko

Banned
Anyone here excited for judgement? I watched some new footage of it and I can't get excited at all.

I know I'll end up buying it when it comes out because it's Gears, but man oh man I feel it's a bad sign when someone who considers themselves a hardcore Gears fan has 0 enthusiasm for the next entry into the series. :(

Also: Cliffy looks like he gained weight...his interview for X play for judgement had his face looking quite chubby. P90X time Cliffmeister!

Skilotonn

xbot xbot xbot xbot xbot
So um apparently events don't count towards the onyx medal anymore for me...

Is there something I'm doing wrong?

Well, the problem is that every week for 30 weeks is a specific ribbon, regardless of the name of the event, so if you missed one event, you'll have to wait 30 weeks again, or if they specifically say that the event is the same ribbon as event X if you missed it.

Holy shit this game still is ass. 20MB connection and point blank hard aims on AFK players to the head take multiple shots. Hope Judgment is better. Love Gears. Hate Gears.

It's on and off, because it feels like you end up on a server closer to other people than yourself, but you're always on a server though - when you're not, trust me you'll know.

Anyone here excited for judgement? I watched some new footage of it and I can't get excited at all.

I know I'll end up buying it when it comes out because it's Gears, but man oh man I feel it's a bad sign when someone who considers themselves a hardcore Gears fan has 0 enthusiasm for the next entry into the series. :(

Also: Cliffy looks like he gained weight...his interview for X play for judgement had his face looking quite chubby. P90X time Cliffmeister!

Too early for me to get hyped, since they haven't shown too much even though it's new so far - I want to see the standard MP modes that are coming back, and what is officially changing due to feedback. Game is still a long ways off so it makes sense that they still have plenty to show and change.

I still play the game every night though, it's still my gaming drug.

nel e nel

So um apparently events don't count towards the onyx medal anymore for me...

Is there something I'm doing wrong?

Well, the problem is that every week for 30 weeks is a specific ribbon, regardless of the name of the event, so if you missed one event, you'll have to wait 30 weeks again, or if they specifically say that the event is the same ribbon as event X if you missed it.

Yeah, more clearly, the event ribbons are awarded every weekend, but they only made a finite amount of them. So once they were done with all of the 'official' events, they began the cycle from round 1. Here is a list of all the special event ribbons:

http://www.xbox360achievements.org/forum/showthread.php?t=340070

Basically, you'll have to pay attention to which one you get awarded, and figure out where in the cycle you are, which ones you have and which ones you don't and plan accordingly. Kind of a bitch, though, since they don't track them in the Stats menu of the game, making it harder to determine which ones you've already earned. Just play at least 1 or 2 games on the Players Choice list each weekend until it unlocks.

eGregiovs

Neo Member

My interest level peaked when I saw the Free-for-All mode teaser with the new bolt-action rifle and throwing grenades with the offhand. But, my enthusiasm quickly waned when I saw a sawn-off in the killfeed and how stopping power didn't slow a retro charge.

Nori Chan

Yeah, more clearly, the event ribbons are awarded every weekend, but they only made a finite amount of them. So once they were done with all of the 'official' events, they began the cycle from round 1. Here is a list of all the special event ribbons:

http://www.xbox360achievements.org/forum/showthread.php?t=340070

Basically, you'll have to pay attention to which one you get awarded, and figure out where in the cycle you are, which ones you have and which ones you don't and plan accordingly. Kind of a bitch, though, since they don't track them in the Stats menu of the game, making it harder to determine which ones you've already earned. Just play at least 1 or 2 games on the Players Choice list each weekend until it unlocks.

Well ain't that some bullshit

Well I'm pretty sure the one happening this weekend with 3x is the one I haven't gotten. Joy

Top Bottom