• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Gears of War 3 |OT2| Ashes to Ashes, Peer to Peer

TRios Zen

I'm cool with the season pass - the maps add a lot of variety and think the "suck" to "great" scale is definitely heavier on the "great" side (makes the shitty ones stand out more though).

I enjoyed Ramm's shadow and the Horde stuff; also enjoyed the MP skins and weapon skins.

If Epic offered a season pass on their next game, I'd definitely consider it, based upon what they delivered with this one.

deviant1

This was the first, and most likely last time I ever buy a season pass. I enjoyed the first 2 DLC's as they were more than just map packs and in IMO they added a lot to the overall Gears3 package. DLC 3 & 4 were decent packs, but considering the current state of online multi in this game I just don't care anymore. I'm sick of the p2p nonsense and the rage it induces in me, It seems Epic has all but given up on maintaining the dedicated servers if they even still exist.

The lazy LE character skins are just icing on the cake, especially when they have other characters in the Gears universe they could have given us.

Brakara

You should care since it was pure lazyness. All they did was a color swap. They could have released the batch as an optional additional purchase and actually made new characters for the DLC.

Or they could've provided none at all. Did you hate the Gears 2 DLCs because they had no additional characters? I see the LE characters as a bonus, but I guess it's easier to call them lazy.

Edit: Of course, it helps that I think the maps in the last two DLCs are good-to-great (except Escalation). Remember also that each of those 2 DLCs are $6.67 for 5 maps. So, yeah, anything extra is (to me) a bonus.

Brolic Gaoler

formerly Alienshogun
Or they could've provided none at all. Did you hate the Gears 2 DLCs because they had no additional characters? I see the LE characters as a bonus, but I guess it's easier to call them lazy.

Edit: Of course, it helps that I think the maps in the last two DLCs are good-to-great (except Escalation). Remember also that each of those 2 DLCs are $6.67 for 5 maps. So, yeah, anything extra is (to me) a bonus.

1. This isn't Gears 2. This is Gears 3 that set the precedent of weapon skins and characters with every DLC.

2. No, it's easier to be a mindless fanboy accepting lazy scraps throw to you.

Ignorance really is bliss I guess.

dmg04

#DEADWRONG
Please do not complain about the DLC.

on October 14th, my dearest friend passed away. This was exactly one week after we had completed campaign on the hardest difficulty with a full party. Those were the funnest games i have ever played. I will always miss him.

After shunning the game for 5+ months, i've finally gotten on. I had bought the Season Pass, and i was already expecting having to download something.

They really have added a ton of content to this game. Maps. Campaign. Achievos. Unlocks.

Compared to COD Elite or, hell, even Mortal Kombat Season Pass? This game blows it all out of the water. Not to mention the FREE booster pack.

I'm glad to be back. If anyone would like to play, my Gamertag is A dmg04 (A (space) dee em gee zero four)

If there is still room in a Gears Gaf, let me know.

Brakara

2. No, it's easier to be a mindless fanboy accepting lazy scraps throw to you.

No, what's lazy is you calling me a mindless fanboy for thinking $6.67 is more than fair for 5 maps, weapon skins and characters I don't have (+ more). Your namecalling is as stupid as me calling you an ungrateful bitch.

Seriously, what did you expect for $6.67, giving Gears DLC history, not to mention the DLC by the competition (usually $10-15 for 4-5 maps) ?

Ballistik

Really like the skins that came with this map pack.

Since I didn't really get to play the past 5 map pack that came out too much, playing now feels great with basically 10 fresh maps.

D4Danger

Unconfirmed Member
Is anyone else having a problem loading the game today?

I press start at the menu and when it says 'loading profile' my 360 crashes

edit: well shit, I'm back to level 1. looks like it ate my profile data.

edit2: yep, gone. I think I'm done with this game now. Horde was the only thing I really enjoyed and I'm not starting that again.

lush

Holy shit, fuck the Retro Lancer and everything it stands for.

Finally played on Jacinto, wish it wasn't raining but they did a great job updating the map. Especially with the spawns. Wish it would come up in the rotation more though. I get all the other new maps all the time but I seem to get older maps before Jacinto(same for Raven Down really). This is in Stranded KOTH by the way.

Brolic Gaoler

formerly Alienshogun
Holy shit, fuck the Retro Lancer and everything it stands for.

Finally played on Jacinto, wish it wasn't raining but they did a great job updating the map. Especially with the spawns. Wish it would come up in the rotation more though. I get all the other new maps all the time but I seem to get older maps before Jacinto(same for Raven Down really). This is in Stranded KOTH by the way.

Yeah the maps are great, I agree about the retro though. Between that and modded hammer bursts it's definitely a problem.

Domino Theory

Crystal Dynamics
Finally managed to find a solid group to play with every night. <3

Played Clocktower for the first time last night, HNNNNNNNNGGGGGGG. So gorgeous.

lush

Finally played on Jacinto a few times last night. Really good stuff, wish it wasn't raining but I like dark maps so it's all good. Glad that they opened up the the spawn areas though, along with the frag spawns.

Just had to abandon a game of Horde on Clocktower. The damn Corpser got stuck under the ground near the two cars, in the middle of the map.
The whole team could hear and spot/mark him, but we couldnt kill him cause he wouldnt surface!
We tried Diggers, frags and flame grenades. No good :mad:

Is anyone else having a problem loading the game today?

I press start at the menu and when it says 'loading profile' my 360 crashes

edit: well shit, I'm back to level 1. looks like it ate my profile data.

edit2: yep, gone. I think I'm done with this game now. Horde was the only thing I really enjoyed and I'm not starting that again.

DON'T PLAY ANY GAME YET! it might be possible to get it back, read through this post from the Epic forums. I have used to to back up my gears3 stats but there is more info that might help you out. Rank Reset Info I suggest everyone take advantage of cloud saves and back-up their gears3 stats.

edit: you might be able to get it back but it looks like your SOL. quoted from the reset post. "If you have just discovered that you are reset to level 1 and you don't have a backup, then unfortunately it is most likely that your data will be already gone. However, you can try deleting your "player data" file from your Gears of War 3 save file, and recovering your gamertag to see if your data comes back. This only works for a VERY small amount of people. The only other way you could recover your data is if you have played Gears 3 on another console. If so, then there should be another player data file on there that you could use to replace your corrupted one."

Hoya Destroyer said:
Just had to abandon a game of Horde on Clocktower. The damn Corpser got stuck under the ground near the two cars, in the middle of the map.
The whole team could hear and spot/mark him, but we couldnt kill him cause he wouldnt surface!
We tried Diggers, frags and flame grenades. No good :mad:

why didn't you guys just restart the wave or suicide?

D4Danger

Unconfirmed Member
DON'T PLAY ANY GAME YET! it might be possible to get it back, read through this post from the Epic forums. I have used to to back up my gears3 stats but there is more info that might help you out. Rank Reset Info I suggest everyone take advantage of cloud saves and back-up their gears3 stats.

edit: you might be able to get it back but it looks like your SOL. quoted from the reset post. "If you have just discovered that you are reset to level 1 and you don't have a backup, then unfortunately it is most likely that your data will be already gone. However, you can try deleting your "player data" file from your Gears of War 3 save file, and recovering your gamertag to see if your data comes back. This only works for a VERY small amount of people. The only other way you could recover your data is if you have played Gears 3 on another console. If so, then there should be another player data file on there that you could use to replace your corrupted one."

I didn't know it was gone until it was too late. I pressed start and it said level 1 at which point it had created a new profile and overwritten my old one.

this has ruined the game for me. I haven't played it since it happened and I don't think I'm going back. I just can't be bothered to start again.

why didn't you guys just restart the wave or suicide?

Embarrassingly, that didnt occur to me til later. One guy tried to kill himself with his flame grenade. I thought he was just goofing around, so I revived him 3 times in a row whilst he was standing in the flame :/
I'll remember this next time I get a glitchy Corpser.

Willeth

Embarrassingly, that didnt occur to me til later. One guy tried to kill himself with his flame grenade. I thought he was just goofing around, so I revived him 3 times in a row whilst he was standing in the flame :/
I'll remember this next time I get a glitchy Corpser.

I had this on an Anvil game with a Shrieker. It got stuck half-way in a wall, I hit it once with my pistol and it wailed and went all the way in. We didn't think of dying either.

TRios Zen

Gears 3 has been pretty bi-polar lately...one game my shotgun feels devastating, the next multiple point blank shots in a guys back just warns him that someone's behind him. WTF? While it has not regressed to Gears 2 levels by any means, I wouldn't be surprised if someone told me that servers had been down for the last 2 weeks or so.

Well, enough bitching I guess. Raven Down 24/7 is actually a nice diversion on any given night and I like that they put back a "stranded" option. Lone-wolfing is nowhere near as bad on a stranded.

JB1981

Hope someone can answer this question - if I pay for the Season Pass I will have access to dedicated servers yes?

I get 4 DLC packs as well? Raams Shadows, Forces of Nature (something else). I already have the Clocktower/Bullet Marsh pack.

TRios Zen

Hope someone can answer this question - if I pay for the Season Pass I will have access to dedicated servers yes?

I get 4 DLC packs as well? Raams Shadows, Forces of Nature (something else). I already have the Clocktower/Bullet Marsh pack.

So the Season Pass includes the Horde Command Pack, Raam's Shadow, Fenix Rising and Forces of Nature. Too have the chance to play on dedicated servers in the standard playlists, you need to have all map packs (Fenix Rising and Forces of Nature - the others were free).

You can still play on dedicated I believe though, if you use the "NO DLC" play-list.

Hope that helps.

Willeth

IIRC dedicated servers are only in Ranked, and you can't go into Ranked without all the DLC. The four map packs are the Horde Command Pack, RAAM's Shadow, Fenix Rising and Forces of Nature. Along with the free Versus Booster Pack, in total that gets you fifteen maps on top of the ones unlocked at launch. You also get 17 character skins, 14 weapon skin sets, new Horde fortifications, access to re-upping and Guardian, and 1000 extra Gamerscore.

Note, though, that if you're only planning on playing multiplayer, getting them separately would be a better option right now. Buying the Horde Command Pack, Fenix Rising and Forces of Nature while the HCP is on sale will cost 2000 MSP, as opposed to 2400 MSP for the season pass. If you don't care about RAAM's Shadow then it's the best option at the moment, but for an extra 400 points with the season pass you'd get access to a new campaign, the Chocolate and Liquid Metal weapon skins, and six character skins, as well as the achievements for it.

JB1981

IIRC dedicated servers are only in Ranked, and you can't go into Ranked without all the DLC. The four map packs are the Horde Command Pack, RAAM's Shadow, Fenix Rising and Forces of Nature. Along with the free Versus Booster Pack, in total that gets you fifteen maps on top of the ones unlocked at launch. You also get 17 character skins, 14 weapon skin sets, new Horde fortifications, access to re-upping and Guardian, and 1000 extra Gamerscore.

Note, though, that if you're only planning on playing multiplayer, getting them separately would be a better option right now. Buying the Horde Command Pack, Fenix Rising and Forces of Nature while the HCP is on sale will cost 2000 MSP, as opposed to 2400 MSP for the season pass. If you don't care about RAAM's Shadow then it's the best option at the moment, but for an extra 400 points with the season pass you'd get access to a new campaign, the Chocolate and Liquid Metal weapon skins, and six character skins, as well as the achievements for it.

Thanks for such a thorough reply. I have been playing a lot of Horde lately but did want to try Raams Shadow. I will buy the pass tonight I think. It just pisses me off that I can't add the exact number of points I want for the pass. Fucking MS

Horde is a bit different at the moment.
All players have white Easter bunny heads. Blue eyes for the Cog and Red for Locust drones.
There are no fortifications (or time to build them. The next round starts straight away).
You cant buy back into games when you die.
Power weapons lying around the map are free pickups. No more spending Horde cash to use them.

JB1981

Horde is a bit different at the moment.
All players have white Easter bunny heads. Blue eyes for the Cog and Red for Locust drones.
There are no fortifications (or time to build them. The next round starts straight away).
You cant buy back into games when you die.
Power weapons lying around the map are free pickups. No more spending Horde cash to use them.

yea i played some today kind of annoyed me a little.

Domino Theory

Crystal Dynamics
Anyone else know of the glitch where the 'My Fellow Gears' achievement won't unlock? I have it completed with a check mark next to all acts but it won't unlock for me.

Anyone else know of the glitch where the 'My Fellow Gears' achievement won't unlock? I have it completed with a check mark next to all acts but it won't unlock for me.

thats the one for the four player right? lots of people have said that replaying the prologue worked. make sure you have three other people in the lobby before you actually start the game. other than that it could be anywhere else in the game :(

Domino Theory

Crystal Dynamics
thats the one for the four player right? lots of people have said that replaying the prologue worked. make sure you have three other people in the lobby before you actually start the game. other than that it could be anywhere else in the game :(

Thanks, I'll try that.

zlatko

Banned
Shogun, how pumped are you for future soldier? I can't fucking waiiiiiiiiit. As much as I've had the urge to do more Gears 3 these past few months without it, I don't feel the need to go back when this is on the horizon.

Brolic Gaoler

formerly Alienshogun
Shogun, how pumped are you for future soldier? I can't fucking waiiiiiiiiit. As much as I've had the urge to do more Gears 3 these past few months without it, I don't feel the need to go back when this is on the horizon.

Different games TBH, I will always love Gears MP, but Ghost Recon/Rainbow will always be my favorite franchises.

zlatko

Banned
Different games TBH, I will always love Gears MP, but Ghost Recon/Rainbow will always be my favorite franchises.

jFMFC.gif

So, who can I get in contact with to get someone banned? This "o Juffo o" guy has been walking into a wall for the past 10 games now.

EDIT: He's finally gone.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
This just came for me in the mail apparently I ordered it while very drunk or tired and forgot. Nice surprise! What do I have in store here?

-PXG-

PXG, way to rep.

I guess you are referring to my appearance at the Epic panel from PAX. I had to make sure I gave out the necessary love ;)

Oh, I'm sick at home with a nasty cold/ PAX Aids/ Pax Pox/ whatever-itus. I'll probably be playing Gears 3 a decent amount.

I feel so shitty not playing the game as much as I want to or posting in this thread as much as I should. I'm just busy with real life stuff...

EDIT

7O8lb.jpg

Qd0Hu.jpg

YKjvR.jpg

I look so fucking weird in this photo. So tired and going on virtually no sleep. Plus, I was carrying a shit load of art books that day.

Anyway, I had a decent chat with Cliff. It was nice to finally meet him face to face. I got my photo taken with him and Mike Capps. I was lucky enough to get the Epic Gamer shirt too (and autographed....of course)

zlatko

Banned
When you say appearance at the panel, do you mean in the audience, or you were on stage?

If you were on stage what did you chime in on, etc ?

TRios Zen

I guess you are referring to my appearance at the Epic panel from PAX. I had to make sure I gave out the necessary love ;)

Oh, I'm sick at home with a nasty cold/ PAX Aids/ Pax Pox/ whatever-itus. I'll probably be playing Gears 3 a decent amount.

I feel so shitty not playing the game as much as I want to or posting in this thread as much as I should. I'm just busy with real life stuff...

EDIT

*COOL SHIT*

I look so fucking weird in this photo. So tired and going on virtually no sleep. Plus, I was carrying a shit load of art books that day.

Anyway, I had a decent chat with Cliff. It was nice to finally meet him face to face. I got my photo taken with him and Mike Capps. I was lucky enough to get the Epic Gamer shirt too (and autographed....of course)

Hey that's cool.

Gears community of Gaf is pretty quiet, and I'm part of the problem not the solution. Still love the game and play it nightly, but don't post but every other day or so here.

Really wish we had an active Gears Gamer Tag though, I DO play nightly and usually only run with 1 or 2 other guys. Game is definitely better when you can play with a team.

Brolic Gaoler

formerly Alienshogun

I'd call it the P-Virus, hopefully you don't turn into some artistic meta zombie.

Top Bottom