• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Gears of War 4 Revealed, Gameplay Demo (E3 2015)

D

Deleted member 80556

Unconfirmed Member
Glad to know there's nothing wrong with my PC screen haha.

Percy

Banned
Yeah, not really impressive from that, but it's probably gonna be a while before release so it could get better.

mf.luder

I was bored. Same chainsaw mechanic to open a locked gate, same hud in the upper right.

I want more gears but come on, set it apart from the previous ones.

Stumpokapow

listen to the mad man
Not trying to troll. I expect this game will turn out really well, and it's going to be a great game, and I'm sure there's a great team at "The Coalition" working on.

That being said, this was a weak demo. Tearing, shimmering, totally blown out gamma ramp, couldn't see shit, weak animations, iffy textures, and the demo's actual content seemed mostly same-old. No real moments that said "wow, this is the next evolution of the franchise" or even really "this is something that wasn't possible on the last generation of consoles".

Gears 1 really defined the last generation. Drop-in drop-out co-op was revolutionary. The mechanics, including the cover, the roadie run, and the sort of walking tourism stuff really shaped a lot of games that generation. So to see a demo for the rebirth of the franchise and react with "well it looks like a game"... that sort of implies the demo didn't go well.

.la1n

Don't like the new main character or the monsters. Was a little deflated by it to be honest. I do like the darker gothic setting though.

hawk2025

Very underwhelming.

Weak, scripted sequences, underwhelming combat.

I don't know what it needed to impress me, but that wasn't it. It had no punch.

Not trying to troll. I expect this game will turn out really well, and it's going to be a great game, and I'm sure there's a great team at "The Coalition" working on.

That being said, this was a weak demo. Tearing, shimmering, totally blown out gamma ramp, couldn't see shit, weak animations, iffy textures, and the demo's actual content seemed mostly same-old. No real moments that said "wow, this is the next evolution of the franchise" or even really "this is something that wasn't possible on the last generation of consoles".

Gears 1 really defined the last generation. Drop-in drop-out co-op was revolutionary. The mechanics, including the cover, the roadie run, and the sort of walking tourism stuff really shaped a lot of games that generation. So to see a demo for the rebirth of the franchise and react with "well it looks like a game"... that sort of implies the demo didn't go well.
A much better way to say what I was thinking.

Am I suppiosed to be impressed? It looks it started as UE3 game and then shifted to UE4 just lately without using the UE4 new features and just keeping the old assets and materials of the old games which look bland. I have seen much betetr and impressive work using UE4 which is a very capable engine. Really expected much much much much much more.

Loved it. Exactly where I wanted to see Gears of War go. Back in black, new cast, more horror vibes and most importantly, a complete departure from the original trilogy,

Ballistik

That gameplay wasn't worth showcasing, makes me wonder why they decided to show it since there was nothing crazy impressive about it. A trailer would have worked fine. Maybe they weren't fully ready to show it off but Microsoft wanted something..

Top Bottom