• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Gears of War 4 Revealed, Gameplay Demo (E3 2015)

Yeah Gears' gameplay just doesn't look at that great anymore. The first game was really lifted on it's ground breaking visuals and brutality. Now that the effect has worn off, it's really just whack a mole against bullet sponges.

Yonafunu

Wow, where the hell did they record that gameplay from? The Twitch stream looked fine.

I like the atmosphere, more horror.

DOWN

Banned
Hasn't this only been in development about a year? Seems kinda fast to pump out a demo and looks like people are underwhelmed

brau

Just adding to the screen collection. From my stream.

h3Qk5vR.png

Glad to see they're going back to the horror tinged Gears 1 experience, or at least they did for this demo.

Visuals didn't blow me away like some of their other demos have unfortunately. The lighting didn't pop at all, either from the flashlights or the environment/pods. Next year's demo will probably be the one to really sell the game.

Ivan 3414

Looked uninspired as hell. Boring characters, same old gameplay. Didn't help that I could see anything. The castle setting was about all Gears4 had going for it to stand out outside of its name as far as I'm concerned.

Gurrry

My guess is that it was super dark because it wasnt very polished. Use the darkness to hide the flaws for now. This seems especially true since the game is coming out over 1 year from now. Holiday 2016 is gonna be a long wait.

And im disappointing that its just gears 1. Was hoping for the trilogy.. but gears 1 is one of the best, so cant complain.

No idea what they were thinking: super dark video that will be shit on streams + already too much walking simulator.

I loved GoW 1-3 but I'm very underwhelmed right now.

Leonsito

Can't wait for more Gears, the coop campaigns were the highlight of last-gen for me.

Also, the XB1 stream was perfect, you were able to see everything, no crushed blacks or too dark images..

TheXbox

hella rough but it's pretty rad they even showed a demo. You guys complain about CG trailers and then you get gameplay for something a year and a half off and it's still not enough.

Glad to see they're going back to the horror tinged Gears 1 experience, or at least they did for this demo.

Visuals didn't blow me away like some of their other demos have unfortunately. The lighting didn't pop at all, either from the flashlights or the environment/pods. Next year's demo will probably be the one to really sell the game.

It looked way, way, way too early to show.

BONDO

Im sure to like this game but this gamplay was pretty awful. Not to mention staring into what was mostly a black screen
Still early though

pringles

Looked way too scripted and gameplay looked exactly the same as the older games. Oh, and main character was generic as heck.

Thaedolus

Gold Member
What's the deal with all these presenters and announcers sounding like their mouths are full of spit? Fucking swallow people.

Alienous

Hasn't this only been in development about a year? Seems kinda fast to pump out a demo and looks like people are underwhelmed

I doubt they even had enemy AI and pathfinding working.

I don't think it even qualifies as a vertical slice.

Top Bottom